DLC Replacers & Sterling's New Stuff

Elite (and related) releases.
Wise Windu

Re: DLC Replacers & Sterling's New Stuff

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 05 Sep, 2014 2:14 am

Hm, well I'll mess around with some things at some point to see if I can get any to work/look ok.
Roey
Level 1

Postby Roey » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 5:05 pm

Your Salamanders make me want to read Vulkan Lives again, because hot damn they look good. Kudos on the Badab vets. I admit I was getting bored of every chapter's Sternguards being the same.
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Tue 30 Sep, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks man, they'll be along in the next patch with some other goodies.
New models for Elite and Retribution...
http://www.dawnofwar.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Mon 20 Oct, 2014 6:41 am

So there is a "model" called daemon_prince_roks or something. These Rock are actually underground and are "attached" to the position of the model. These rocks actually emit flames and such that rise from the ground. If anyone is willing, they can put it on the Legion of the Damned heros and sgts since their models disappear when they die. It is catagorized as my most recent screenshots.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/

Can you re-size the rocks so you cant see them?

I was using my mod when I did this lol. Soooo yeeeee.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 1:42 pm

PC is finally up and running again - as well as the Salamanders and improved Legion of the Damned the Heresy Era marines also got an overhaul and will have some new models in the next version of Elite.

Apothecary

Techmarine

Marine + New Bolter

Marine Sgt

Sternguard & Sternguard Sgt

Vanguard
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 6:28 pm

sterling wrote:PC is finally up and running again - as well as the Salamanders and improved Legion of the Damned the Heresy Era marines also got an overhaul and will have some new models in the next version of Elite.

looks awesome, looking forward to it. love you sterling :P

also one little thing, im not sure if this is your area of expertise but do you know if you could give the default techmarine a full servo harness? it always bothered me how a techmarine with a single servo arm, meaning he's a low ranked techmarine was leading an army in to battle. is adding this possible?

might not be the right place to post it but was just curious.
Full Servo hardness.
Last edited by Ven on Sat 15 Nov, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 6:51 pm

Seen all of that beautiful stuff in the beta, it is fantastic.

As for Ven, that servo harness, not up to me to decide for anyone, but in my opinion it is a bit overkill considering he is just a techmarine and does not have any animations for his harness, so having a huge harness like that would look ridiculous if it wasn't functional.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 7:33 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:
As for Ven, that servo harness, not up to me to decide for anyone, but in my opinion it is a bit overkill considering he is just a techmarine and does not have any animations for his harness, so having a huge harness like that would look ridiculous if it wasn't functional.

i guess, but i dont think it would be hard to get some rudimentary animations for it to make it atleast move a little when hes running etc. maybe add it as a 3rd accessory for wargear for the TM? i dont know, that kind of thing would be needed to discussed in another thread. would just like to know if its possible as the current techmarine doesnt feel like a TRUE techmarine, if you know what i mean.

My Twitch where i occasionally stream myself pwning/getting pwned on elite mod, i seem to bounce between the two on a game to game basis. - http://www.Twitch.tv/Venkitsune
sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 7:38 pm

It would be easy to add the full harness as a model but to have it animated, which it really would pretty silly without, is a real pain and I don't think there's anyone able to do it.
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 9:37 pm

sterling wrote:It would be easy to add the full harness as a model but to have it animated, which it really would pretty silly without, is a real pain and I don't think there's anyone able to do it.

i see. who animated some of the animations for Grey knights then? the Strike squad use a melee animation i dont see anywhere else in the game, but i guess an animation like that is a little easier than adding animations for a servo harness, which i would expect means more bones on the animation skeleton or whatever. oh well. maybe someone will step up for it in the near future maybe.

sterling
Contributor

Postby sterling » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 10:11 pm

Pretty much all new animations were made by Bloodravage or Shuma, both of who are on a kind of permanent hiatus at the minute unfortunately.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 10:23 pm

Not to mention that balancing a servo harness for use in game is a conversation for another thread that will likely get a lot of negative attention from.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 16 Nov, 2014 1:57 am

Is anyone interested in giving (C)SM's necks instead of floating heads? :D I know I've spoken about this many times before ^^
I know a TM model with a neck for example :p

The Apo quote will finally not be funny anumore if they would all get necks though. But that's a small price to pay.
Apothecary:"Cut off the head and the body will die. :KAPPA:"
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 16 Nov, 2014 12:06 pm

Yeah I see the heroes, or some of them like the Sorceror have necks, so can't they have necks, it does look a bit strange having them float.
BaptismByLoli
Level 4

Postby BaptismByLoli » Sun 16 Nov, 2014 1:15 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:can't they have necks, it does look a bit strange having them float.

Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Thu 20 Nov, 2014 2:58 am

sterling wrote:Pretty much all new animations were made by Bloodravage or Shuma, both of who are on a kind of permanent hiatus at the minute unfortunately.

wait wasn't shuma working on Dark eldar? thats the last i heard.

also i'd like to point out that if the techmarine uses his "Axe of the Mechanicum" then this servo arm will no longer be animated. while building stuff the techmarine just stares at it... and it builds. like a boss. so it wouldnt be entirely out of the question; it is a mod afterall, cant always expect the quality of a paid product like the base game itself. i dont know, maybe im rambling, i just like the idea of adding a full servo harness as an army rank unlock, so its like the TM climbs the ranks as your army rank goes up.

Old World
Level 1

Postby Old World » Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:07 am

Ven wrote:also i'd like to point out that if the techmarine uses his "Axe of the Mechanicum" then this servo arm will no longer be animated. while building stuff the techmarine just stares at it... and it builds. like a boss. so it wouldnt be entirely out of the question; it is a mod afterall, cant always expect the quality of a paid product like the base game itself. i dont know, maybe im rambling, i just like the idea of adding a full servo harness as an army rank unlock, so its like the TM climbs the ranks as your army rank goes up.

But it would be completely useless, I can't stress this enough to people that whilst it looks flashy and cool, it would be like putting a Land Rauder skin on a Predator because it looks cool. The Techmarine's servo arm has no function in the game so a servo harness would look even more ridiculous just dangling there.
The New World Order has descended upon Raven's wings, and the Old World perishes in the flames of ambition.
Aertes
Level 3

Postby Aertes » Thu 20 Nov, 2014 11:23 am

The new moon wolves models look much better. I'd suggest a little change in their eyes: they look too big and plain and give the overall model a comic look. They could have a border that's darker than the inner red to mark the limit between "eye" and "orbit" better; or simply make the helmet smaller and therefore the eyes too.
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Thu 20 Nov, 2014 2:27 pm

Old World wrote: The Techmarine's servo arm has no function in the game so a servo harness would look even more ridiculous just dangling there.

the servo arm does have a function. if it wasnt for that servo arm, HE WOULDNT BE A TECHMARINE ANYMORE. or atleast it would be very difficult to realise its a techmarine.

Kithrixx
Level 2

Postby Kithrixx » Thu 20 Nov, 2014 4:06 pm

Old World wrote:The Techmarine's servo arm has no function in the game so a servo harness would look even more ridiculous just dangling there.

Actually, the Servo Arm animates when the Techmarine is repairing and building. It may also have other animations, but those are the two I know of off of the top of my head.
Old World
Level 1

Postby Old World » Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:10 am

Well the point is it has no other function than repairing, so a full harness is just a bit of a waste of time in making/animating plus it might be puzzleing if someone were to see a great heap of mechanised arms that do nothing.
The New World Order has descended upon Raven's wings, and the Old World perishes in the flames of ambition.
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Fri 21 Nov, 2014 7:29 pm

Old World wrote:Well the point is it has no other function than repairing, so a full harness is just a bit of a waste of time in making/animating plus it might be puzzleing if someone were to see a great heap of mechanised arms that do nothing.

i dont see why not, the mod team has changed models of commanders and other units before to either make it a bit better or easier to see. the techmarines servo harness would be no different. yes it might look silly without animations, but as it stands thats all that seems to be standing in the way of a servo harness being a thing. not because it has no function.

Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 21 Nov, 2014 8:04 pm

Creating new animations is a very long and tedious process, not to mention much harder to learn, and really only 1 or 2 people know how to make them, neither of whom have the time to do it.

Shuma is working on DE and isn't interested in doing SM, although he's been very busy lately, and I think shadowninja, who is working on his own mod with the limited free time he has.
Roey
Level 1

Postby Roey » Sat 22 Nov, 2014 4:24 pm

Sterling my friend, if you get the time, could you make the Space Wolf Sternguard a little more Wolfy? I love the new models, just would kinda like if these Sternguard fit in a bit more.

Cheers,

Roey
joehtosis
Level 0

Postby joehtosis » Wed 03 Dec, 2014 6:11 am

I noticed a little problem with the Swarmlord of hive fleet Dagon after appreciating the great new models (nice work to sterling & shuma on these).
Two holes popping out from behind the Swarmlords crest in his back, you can see in one hole the start of his tail, and in the other one, some arm and a bit of a ground. Not a big issue by the slightest, I only happened upon it by gawking at the spikes on his carapace, just thought I'd let you know.
Old World
Level 1

Postby Old World » Wed 03 Dec, 2014 12:31 pm

I can't see that problem in that picture but it does look like to me that there is a hole where his neck should be. :/ I can only make that assumption from the picture however, so please prove me wrong.
joehtosis
Level 0

Postby joehtosis » Wed 03 Dec, 2014 2:19 pm

Yeah, that's essentially where it is. Behind his crest, round the neck. It's hard to tell if it's one hole or two due to his crest. Awkward to get a screen of that area.
Ven
Level 3

Postby Ven » Thu 04 Dec, 2014 2:39 pm

Old World wrote:I can't see that problem in that picture but it does look like to me that there is a hole where his neck should be. :/ I can only make that assumption from the picture however, so please prove me wrong.

there are the two holes. the one on the swarmlords right is orange, that orange you see is his tail.

Old World
Level 1

Postby Old World » Thu 04 Dec, 2014 6:06 pm

Aha, that isn't great.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 05 Feb, 2015 10:34 am

Can anyone tell me what happend to Emperors Children plan? I was waiting for it for a long time.

Return to “Releases”