DLC Replacers & Sterling's New Stuff

Elite (and related) releases.
Swift

Re: DLC Replacers & Sterling's New Stuff

Postby Swift » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:12 pm

Yeah that's a better upgrade on the Steel Legion, good work.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
[EL] The Emperor
Level 2

Postby [EL] The Emperor » Fri 04 Sep, 2015 7:54 pm

FOREWORD:

Hello I am back after a considerable amount of time, and patience out of respect but I would like to reaffirm my request for the addition of a bayonet to the lasguns used by the Death Korps of Krieg guardsman models. I am not trying to be forceful or rude but I would like to state my case on the grounds of what lore has stated, and the animations within this modification. Also this is the opinion of someone who is not a modder so please take that into account. I do however believe that you guys have done a great job in respect to the models of this game!

My Reasoning:

So for me I always thought it looked stupid that whenever my guardsman squads would get into melee they would poke the enemy with the barrel end of their rifle. I believe that strictly for the sake of immersion, and practicality the bayonet should be added. I believe it would be a great improvement aesthetically, and it would go directly along with their lore. Its shameful to think that considering how rich their history is that one of their key components is not represented. From my knowledge of the codex's, and lore the Death Korps of Krieg was at first considered a infantry regiment, and then later a siege regiment both of which had bonuses for melee combat.

Guardsman Melee Animation:

Basically if anyone owns the Death Korps of Krieg DLC, please go use that skin then have a guardsman squad unit melee another unit. I am hoping by the end of that demonstration of the animation you will see my point. However I do not suggest actually going into melee with guardsman squads in an actual multiplayer match because you will lose most times.

Death Korps of Krieg Lore Background:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Korps_Guardsman:

They are also exemplary hand-to-hand combatants, with bayonet-drill being practiced from childhood.

A Death Korps Guardsman's main weapon is his Lucius Pattern No. 98 Lasgun. This weapon is standard issue to Krieg regiments, and stockpiled in vast numbers in Krieg's armouries. The Lasgun also includes a bayonet lug which can be fitted with the standard issued 45 centimetre-long sword-bayonet. This heavy bladed, razor-sharp knife is a Watchmaster's only close combat weapon. A bayonet charge led by a Watchmaster seems to be more effective at driving the enemy away from a Death Korps regiment's fortified positions than even the use of their artillery and heavy weapons platoons.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Korps_Watchmaster:

Like their fellow Guardsmen, Watchmasters have been indoctrinated since birth in the martial traditions of the Death Korps. They are highly proficient with all the basic weapons of the Imperial Guard and most especially with the bayonet, and favour the bayonet charge in battle. They fearlessly lead their squads across "no-man's land" to storm enemy trenches and defences. Having no fear of death himself, a Watchmaster demands and expects no less from his men.

A Watchmaster's main weapon is his Lucius Pattern No. 98 Lasgun. This weapon is standard issue to Krieg regiments, and stockpiled in vast numbers in Krieg's armouries. The Lasgun also includes a bayonet lug which can be fitted with the standard issued 45 centimetre-long sword-bayonet. This heavy bladed, razor-sharp knife is a Watchmaster's only close combat weapon. A bayonet charge led by a Watchmaster seems to be more effective at driving the enemy away from a Death Korps regiment's fortified positions than even the use of their artillery and heavy weapons platoons.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Korps_of_Krieg

The Loyalists slowly re-took their blasted world in the name of the Emperor over fifteen generations of terrible bloody attrition -- trench-by-trench and tunnel-by-tunnel -- with bayonet, brutality and when needed, atomic fire.

Mono Knife - The Mono Knife, a one-handed melee implement, is the ubiquitous back-up weapon for warriors all across the Imperium, be they lowly hive scum or the elite soldiers of a Planetary Governor. Some, such as the Catachan Fighting Knife, are designed for a specific purpose, whilst others are more generic in nature. The Mono Knives utilised by the Death Korps of Krieg are specially fashioned blades with superfine edges that can easily cut through armour and never lose their edge. These knives are carried by all members of the Death Korps as both a bayonet and a field tool.

The multi-purpose Combat Knife carried by all members of the Death Korps is a bayonet but also a field tool.

According to the Lexicanum (Won't let me place the URL for some odd reason):

Finally his Close Combat Weapon is a heavy bladed 45 cm long sword-bayonet, which can be attached to his lasgun's bayonet lug. Bayonet drills are practiced at an early age, and such is their proficiency with the weapon that the bayonet charge remains a preferred tactic among Krieg commanders.

-Even mentions that bayonet charges are preferred tactics of Krieg commanders.

Death Korps of Krieg Examples ****Warning Image Heavy****:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The End:

So basically I have made my case I believe with plenty of accounts, sources, and other points. I believe it would be a welcome addition that no one would necessarily disagree with. Thank you for your time I hope my message falls upon receptive ears, and my concept is entertained at the very least. If this does become an option for you guys I am willing to help in anyway I can, or even offer a small donation since I think its worthwhile!!
Steam Name: [EL] The Emperor of Mankind
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 04 Sep, 2015 11:38 pm

The Death Korps of Krieg is a relic DLC... Almost all other GM models have bayonets. Relic'd. ;)
Don't think this is or should be a high priority on the list, the modders can can do whatever they want though :)
Shokar
Level 0

Postby Shokar » Tue 29 Sep, 2015 11:58 am

Hey guys how you doing. So was wondering if you was working on any more skins? Love what you done so far :)
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Mon 05 Oct, 2015 4:10 pm

Yeah, anything for the forthcoming patch? When balance changes very often sadden us, any visual additions always please us!
ChrisNihilus
Level 3

Postby ChrisNihilus » Mon 05 Oct, 2015 7:48 pm

Sub_Zero wrote:Yeah, anything for the forthcoming patch? When balance changes very often sadden us, any visual additions always please us!

Indeed.

Emperor's Children is already done (in two versions) as far as i know.
I know you wanted to wait for the Slaaneshi commander, but i doubt we'll see it every time soon. Or ever.

You could release that one.
I've been waiting a very long time.
"This quiet... offends... SLAANESH!"
Skyward Sorceror
Level 2

Postby Skyward Sorceror » Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:42 am

Personally Relic did only a few ridiculous things:
1. The last patch ever done resulted in HWTs being robbed of their lasguns, this event caused commissars all around to go crazy and blam every godamn thing. Thank the Emperor for Elite mod and Community patch mod.
2. Having bayonets be a Army Level unlock. We get it Guardsmen have crappy weapons, do we HAVE to melee them with rifle barrels? It is a rather big flaw given the fact Rifle butting them would actually work FAR better.

Still, atleast IG vehicles aren't wusses.
Ten squads die by me.... Look at all the damn I give.
Interdiction
Level 2

Postby Interdiction » Tue 13 Oct, 2015 7:33 pm

I was wondering, since we have received a Pre-Heresy Space Marine skin, maybe the Guard could get an Imperial Army skin? Now, I don't know how they looked, maybe base it off the Geno Five Two Chiliad, with stormtroopers or Kasrkin being Solar Auxilia? I just thought it would be cool and that I'd give a suggestion, I love your work!:)
The Codex Astartes does not support this action? Well, F*ck you, I'm a Black Dragon!!!
Skyward Sorceror
Level 2

Postby Skyward Sorceror » Sat 17 Oct, 2015 9:49 pm

Could we then also get a Elysian or Harakoni Warhawks elite scheme? :)
We can't argue that it shouldn't be done, as it's been unleashed as color schemes (The Harakoni Warhawks) on both games.
Edit: Welp, you can use this wiki as a reference: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Solar_Auxilia and this: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Impe ... my#Wargear
I have also attached a picture of a auxilliary. Unfortunately, Imperial Army uniform varied between regiments, but one was known for it's uniforms that were similar to Vostroyan Firstborn kit.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Fri 18 Dec, 2015 12:17 am

Hi guys, popping some improved Rhino Reinforced Armor along with Land Raider Reinforced Armor!

Credits: original models by HorusHeretic/WoA Team and Seregruth, Rhino Armor skin by Uncle_anesthesia.

Armor DL Link Comes in Predator, Vindicator and Rhino flavors (Dark Angels DLC Included)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fpvhbck8invjd2h/woa_extra_armour.rar

Skyward Sorceror
Level 2

Postby Skyward Sorceror » Sat 19 Dec, 2015 7:30 am

Nice armor stuff. I wish there was a Harakoni Warhawks skin though :D
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Sat 19 Dec, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm eventually planning to make some Warhawks, but that's gonna be a long way in the future, sadly.
Jes
Level 1

Postby Jes » Sat 19 Dec, 2015 10:38 pm

That is some nice LR armor.

What's improved on the rhino btw? The Tem looks better, that's for sure.
Skyward Sorceror
Level 2

Postby Skyward Sorceror » Sun 20 Dec, 2015 9:02 am

Welp I'm more then willing to wait for my Warhawks, it's nice to know they are going to be there.
Don't work yourself to death though ok? Lieutenant's orders! Also, I can't quite tell either on the Rhino.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Sun 20 Dec, 2015 9:57 am

Jes wrote:That is some nice LR armor.

What's improved on the rhino btw? The Tem looks better, that's for sure.

A generally better texture and the two skulls, which allow an easier visual distinction between upgraded and vanilla rhinos.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 9:55 am

Doubleposting for a good reason: this is my latest project

rescaled IG that work.

Side project: custom animations for special weapons, so that there can be guardsmen holding their weapons in this fashion:

Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 1:44 pm

Garrick wrote:Side project: custom animations for special weapons

Now that you mentioned such a thing: The Artillery Spotters were originally supposed to be a mortar squad, but as we had no actual mortars, we had to find a workaround and ended up with a spotter group which does functionally the same things, but also makes less sense.

Would mortar animations be doable? This unit would essentially only require setup & teardown animations for the mortar (not much different from the HWS animation), as the firing sequence could go with suppression animations just fine.
BloatedChamp
Level 1

Postby BloatedChamp » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 4:10 pm

Garrick, you sir, are a god!

Please keep doing what you do.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 6:42 pm

Lulgrim wrote:

Now that you mentioned such a thing: The Artillery Spotters were originally supposed to be a mortar squad, but as we had no actual mortars, we had to find a workaround and ended up with a spotter group which does functionally the same things, but also makes less sense.

Would mortar animations be doable? This unit would essentially only require setup & teardown animations for the mortar (not much different from the HWS animation), as the firing sequence could go with suppression animations just fine.

I can, but there's a corollary: i need to get better at actual animations. So, yes, but i cannot promise you when, sorry. :/. modifying animations is not hard per se, it's only Relic's stupidly complicated way of setting up things. Scaling things is easy (then you have to reposition the weapon r and weapon l bones because they pretty much start flying off-place) once you've learnt how to export and import. The issue is animating decently, (I'd at least try and give some diversity to the mortar, at least on the standing positions) but it can be done.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 7:25 pm

Not sure if lore or not, but this one smells like a meme.
fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 8:08 pm

Garrick wrote:
Lulgrim wrote:

I can, but there's a corollary: i need to get better at actual animations. So, yes, but i cannot promise you when, sorry. :/. modifying animations is not hard per se, it's only Relic's stupidly complicated way of setting up things. Scaling things is easy (then you have to reposition the weapon r and weapon l bones because they pretty much start flying off-place) once you've learnt how to export and import. The issue is animating decently, (I'd at least try and give some diversity to the mortar, at least on the standing positions) but it can be done.

I thing easiest way to do that would be replace the HMG model with mortar with some minor adjustments...
For the Emperor skurwysyny !
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Sun 14 Feb, 2016 9:49 pm

of course i would do that, but still, a completely duplicated animation is bad for ingame "at-a-glance" recognition
Skyward Sorceror
Level 2

Postby Skyward Sorceror » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:05 am

True true.... I wonder if changing the Spotter team to a mortar team will cause a humongous change in gameplay.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Mon 15 Feb, 2016 6:31 pm

If you simply changed their abilities from being called in to being the squad actually firing the mortar, I don't believe there would be any substancial difference.
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 8:51 am

Small update on the scaled IG project: since I'm using vanilla DOW2's animations (I find them slightly better), the left arm in the range_bursts animations is off-center enough to be a bother sometimes. I should be able to work on them during the weekend, together with the HWT's animations. If I get lucky, i might just also be able to make those animations employable within the standard guardsman, which would be useful, i think. If I am lucky enough, you should see the first stage of the scaled IG project uploaded on sunday. If I'm lucky. Officers will follow ASAP.
Last edited by Garrick on Thu 03 Mar, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 7:16 pm

Nice to hear that :)
For the Emperor skurwysyny !
HARRYY
Level 2

Postby HARRYY » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 10:16 pm

Garrick are those rescaled GMs coming to ELITE by standart or is this only a client-sided tweak?
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 11:35 pm

I don't know if they are coming to ELITE or not, I'm simply making them available here, if the mod team wishes to implement them. As a matter of fact, here is the first batch. It is provided as it is, and it's currently not designed to interact with ELITE.

Archive!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1fdHXrscsE0Tkp1aW1zaTJjZWc
Badges for the Kasrkin!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1fdH ... mlrS0otQkE

What's in here:

Cadian Guardsman skeleton with resized animations. (melee_fist range is unavailable for now), Cadian heavy weapons

Resized weapons, armour and heads (Includes kasrkin and custom Kasrkin variant with red camo stripes)

what's NOT in here

Stormtroopers, Officers, Inquisitor (they will come ASAP); Imperial Guard custom regiments (on the to-do list)
BloatedChamp
Level 1

Postby BloatedChamp » Fri 18 Mar, 2016 2:46 pm

I always thought re-sizing was problematic to implement.

Would this mean that it is possible to re-size the Demon prince from campaign and fit him to a CSM skeleton?

If you know what I am getting ? :D
Garrick
Level 2

Postby Garrick » Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:08 pm

Actually that would be very very easy.

I have better plans. I plan on repurposing the Swarmlord's skeleton and make it useful for a Daemon Prince. It's not hard, it's only very very time consuming.

Return to “Releases”