Elite Mod 2.6.1 Released

Elite (and related) releases.
Torpid

Re: Elite Mod 2.6.1 Released

Postby Torpid » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 3:24 pm

Impregnable wrote:Nemesis Vortex still does 80 damage instead of 30 as intended. I experimentd on heretic squad which has 75 hp for each model and nemesis vortex wipes any affected model out in one single hit since it still does 80 damage.

So all in all, OM is currently able to use T2 Vortex skill in T1 with cheaper price than before.

Yup. This has been known since release. That's why it was so strong xD

Everyone using it noticed.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Sheitan
Level 0

Postby Sheitan » Fri 14 Apr, 2017 8:31 pm

Yop Vortex is OP now, but 30 dmg is too low imo. Move it to t2 and dont touch dmg, or t1 40-50 dmg.
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 2:17 am

Sheitan wrote:Yop Vortex is OP now, but 30 dmg is too low imo. Move it to t2 and dont touch dmg, or t1 40-50 dmg.

I myself felt it was unnecessary to move vortex to t1 but if the thing is gonna stay, it needs to be toned down even in intended state. No other disruption ability allow u to actually move the point of impact after it is casted. Assaults, grenades, and any other means forces u to cast it on a location and it doesn't move. What u suggest of t1 vortex doing 50 dmg is against what patch intends as well. It is meant to give disruption not dmg that is why it is designed cheaper now and also does low dmg if working as intended. If 50dmg is applied, it needs to be casted on a fixed location just like immolater from warlock. Also need to remember immolater doesn't do knockback as a trade off vs its huge dmg and fast cast time.

In conclusion, out of 3 qualities which are huge area of knockback, big aoe dmg, being able to move the location of impact, two has to be deleted. If u disagree then name an ability that is used as removing set up teams in t1 that have more than two of those qualities. All the abilities have only 1 of such quality. In fact no other t1 ability in game have quality described as moving impact area after it is casted. In case of other abilities, they have either big dmg or big knockback area. In case it happens to possess both, one of the quality is marginal and cannot be described as big. For example, Grenades that do knockback have big dmg but very narrow area of knockback. Moetar shell has huge knockback area but doesn't do big dmg. Vortex even in intended state is thus still overpowered, big dmg, big area of impact and it can move.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Tsototar
Level 2

Postby Tsototar » Sun 16 Apr, 2017 8:57 pm

(1) anyone else having trouble downloading from mega?
(2) any particular reason why no longer mirrored on Google/only one source on mega?
All Eldar are witches... even the men
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 3:51 am

Tsototar wrote:(1) anyone else having trouble downloading from mega?
(2) any particular reason why no longer mirrored on Google/only one source on mega?

Not sure in why it is not mirrored in google.

In case of mega thing, u need to use chrome and select black box instead of red.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Tsototar
Level 2

Postby Tsototar » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 9:14 am

Impregnable wrote:Not sure in why it is not mirrored in google.

could the powers that be (or anybody else really)

(a) mirror it somewhere else (Google again?)
(b) put up the MD5/SHA1 hash so that the download can be checked?

thank you
All Eldar are witches... even the men

Return to “Releases”