Level 5

Re: Elite Mod 2.6(Test Version) Changelog and Feedback Thread

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 25 Nov, 2016 1:03 pm

Remove the projectile?
Sneery_Thug
Level 2

Postby Sneery_Thug » Sat 26 Nov, 2016 9:47 am

Greetings dear modders/map-makers! Could someone eventually remake the Ashes of Typhon map and bring some green cover into this map?
Last edited by Sneery_Thug on Tue 29 Nov, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 12:53 am

Sneery_Thug wrote:Greetings dera modders/map-makers! Could someone eventually remake the Ashes of Typhon map and bring some green cover into this map?

Yes, technically, although probably not in time for 2.6 given that both the volcanic tileset is very limited on green cover and also the placement of green cover would need to be playtested some before it being officially added.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 2:18 am

Multilas turret upgade included in the upfront cost, would need triple the time for someone to build it at the early game rather than red due to 15 power cost, actual cost unchanged overall, yay/nay?

EDIT: just for clarification, by triple the time I meant getting from 0 to 15 power at the start
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 3:44 am

Woops sorry about that folks. I must have hit submit when I was double checking some stuff on the log itself.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 9:24 am

Will there be a pre-release version of the currently "final" patch notes? I think it should be tested as much as possible to prevent some hidden broken stuff/combos/etc as this might very well be the last patch we will ever see.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 5:43 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:Will there be a pre-release version of the currently "final" patch notes? I think it should be tested as much as possible to prevent some hidden broken stuff/combos/etc as this might very well be the last patch we will ever see.

As in a second test version? At this point no. From what I know from the tech team's progress, we've already got 99% of the patch notes already implemented. Only thing that's left to do is final check and I think there was some kind of mixup in a spot or two. No real promises, but a release should be inbound probably later today or tomorrow.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 6:01 pm

Atlas wrote:
Adeptus Noobus wrote:Will there be a pre-release version of the currently "final" patch notes? I think it should be tested as much as possible to prevent some hidden broken stuff/combos/etc as this might very well be the last patch we will ever see.

As in a second test version? At this point no. From what I know from the tech team's progress, we've already got 99% of the patch notes already implemented. Only thing that's left to do is final check and I think there was some kind of mixup in a spot or two. No real promises, but a release should be inbound probably later today or tomorrow.

I am just asking because a lot of the things have not been implemented in the test version yet.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 8:28 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:
Atlas wrote:

I am just asking because a lot of the things have not been implemented in the test version yet.

I don't see the difference between a normal release and a pre-release in that case then :/
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 1:45 am

Atlas wrote:I don't see the difference between a normal release and a pre-release in that case then :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp_mTYeG_Ng
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 6:17 am

Forestradio wrote:
Atlas wrote:I don't see the difference between a normal release and a pre-release in that case then :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp_mTYeG_Ng

Lol yeah we ended up doing a pre-release sort of. It really was meant for only a few peeps but there were streamers on so w/e. I'm told all the bugs found have been fixed so we should be set for release tomorrow!
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 10:27 am

I hope this does not reach you too late.

I also got an AI simulation error in that very game. I will make a clean install and try to reproduce it. It was Eldar vs OM.

EDIT:

I just confirmed, that the Rhino breaks the AI. As soon as its on the field, the AI simulation is over and units just stand still.

I am using this Desktop shortcut to start the game (for what its worth): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 56400 -nomovies -modname Elite
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 12:24 pm

how comes venom brood don't get hold fire? also the hive tyrant should get it when he has his Venom Cannon
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 3:14 pm

Seems to be some errors in the AI files so they've been reverted and will most likely not make it in 2.6. That's all fine though, it really ought to be a separate mod where the AI also can attack power nodes and such things.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 4:27 pm

Can all units please get the hold fire? Just to dodge oversights?
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 4:37 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Can all units please get the hold fire? Just to dodge oversights?

Upvote here.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 4:45 pm

Cyris wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:Can all units please get the hold fire? Just to dodge oversights?

Upvote here.

I'm still confused as to what exactly this is supposed to accomplish. Most units fire regularly enough that you can just change target and be fine? What oversights are we talking about here? Is this maybe for infiltration purposes?
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 4:45 pm

Atlas wrote:Lol yeah we ended up doing a pre-release sort of. It really was meant for only a few peeps but there were streamers on so w/e. I'm told all the bugs found have been fixed so we should be set for release tomorrow!

I found a bug. Eldar are apparently still in the game. Fix this pls.
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 5:25 pm

Atlas wrote:
Cyris wrote:

Upvote here.

I'm still confused as to what exactly this is supposed to accomplish. Most units fire regularly enough that you can just change target and be fine? What oversights are we talking about here? Is this maybe for infiltration purposes?

Long-range units with sight to avoid being revelead in the FoW (ex dark reapers)

Though I think the hold fire should be a tanks/ranged walkers/setup teams only ability.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 01 Dec, 2016 9:17 am

Has the Webway Gate thingy been adressed in the final patch? I recall Webway Gates never had the Dragon Fury ability 8-)
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 01 Dec, 2016 12:07 pm

Congratulations Every one and thank you for the elite mod crew to make this thing happen . I hope we all set aside the differences,salt and any sour event and make a new future on elite mod . for what its worth I start with myself and if I have made any mistake I apologize from the respected people . lets make this mod great again (don't mistake me for a trump fan I am Neutral ^^ )
I wish u all good fortune and a happy time .
Cheers to this joyful events , thanks to all the elite mod crew Caeltos,Atlas,lulgrim,wise windu ,... and casters such as Indrid,maestro,rupee,bbbos,Adeptus anoobus (aka Mlg man),nurland... who kept dow2 elite mod alive
i am hoping to cast games regularly in less than a week my self , so i hope this humble scrub would do a speck of work for this wonderful mod

i wish u all good luck and god bless

PS:i still haven't figured out how to post something in forums or what should i do in the future if i upload a cast on YouTube . i hope to figure those out when the time comes (i am hoping 3-4 days) . it is just the beginning and maintenance of my you tube page that needs work (Long story) , after that i will be casting regularly every day since i am a stubborn git . my channel is "Rostam 313 - 40 Archives" .
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi guys

Really sorry and embarasswd about the AI. I have been playing Smite like a lunatic and have moved on a bit from this game.

I am away overseas for a couple of months but I might be able to have a look when I get back.

For reference was it just the rhino that broke the AI or were there other issues?

Thanks
Kk
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 4:32 pm

Atlas wrote:
Cyris wrote:

Upvote here.

The hold fire seems more like a long overdue general feature to the game, and not a special ability to be placed on specifically chosen squads. As such, I'd prefer to just be given to everyone and let balance shake out from there. Trying to nit-pick which specific squads should have it feels like a waste of time - make it a global change!
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 3:03 am

Sneery_Thug wrote:Greetings dear modders/map-makers! Could someone eventually remake the Ashes of Typhon map and bring some green cover into this map?

"be the change you want to see in the world"

im sure max could provide feedback and even instructions.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 9:53 am

Batpimp wrote: im sure max could provide feedback and even instructions.

Pretty sure i could help with the feedback and the instructions part, not going to make any new maps myself though.

I also think that Swift and Indrid could provide you (Sneery) with additional feedback. :)
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 13 Dec, 2016 1:11 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Batpimp wrote: im sure max could provide feedback and even instructions.

Pretty sure i could help with the feedback and the instructions part, not going to make any new maps myself though.

I also think that Swift and Indrid could provide you (Sneery) with additional feedback. :)

Already did say that it's unlikely to be ready for a coming patch but I can always run through and do it some time on Thursday evening onwards.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 2:45 pm

any idea when will 2.6.1 or patch fix would be released ?
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 8:18 pm

Locking this as some people are reading these notes and thinking they're final. Please use the release thread for questions and comments.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Thu 15 Dec, 2016 8:28 pm

Rostam313 wrote:any idea when will 2.6.1 or patch fix would be released ?

Only a vague idea. There's a drafted changelog already put together, but dunno if we'll just hotfix then release, or just put it all into one big package.

Return to “Releases”