Elite Mod 2.5.1

Elite (and related) releases.
Tiptoes
Level 1

Re: Elite Mod 2.5.0

Postby Tiptoes » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 7:50 pm

Indrid wrote:- Various AI updates by KanKrusha

Anyone know more specifics about how the AI was tweaked?
"Into the fires of battle, unto the Anvil of War!"
Dakrim
Level 0

Postby Dakrim » Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:58 pm

great balance changes! Grey Knights now don't feel so cheesy to play :)
"we all have our demons, so let's go hunting"

"Crush 'em beneath our boot!" -IG Guardsman
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 7:04 pm

Tiptoes wrote:Anyone know more specifics about how the AI was tweaked?

Yes. I do. ...

Compared to the last patch
1. I have improved the retreat code so that the AI now retreats earlier in melee and also
Takes into account the ratio of nearby enemies and allies when deciding whether to retreat a squad (note that compared to vanilla my code retreats squad by squad instead of in squad groups which may be one or more squads. Also my code accounts for squad health as well as numbers whereas relic's code just counted numbers)
2. I have added all hero upgrades and most other upgrades to my own code so you should see a greater variety of upgrades used
3. General fiddling with the rating for each squad so should build better units generally (but not always)
4. I thought I had made the AI more aggressive but I have some feedback that this is not the case
5. Set up teams don't dance about uselessly and will stay still and shoot
6, vehicles will occasionally run away to avoid dying
7. Don't stand too close to an AI spore
Mine, not that you should see them built by the AI. Also I can't get them to move
8. Invisible to the player but the AI will change its budgeting priorities through the game much more

KK
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 3:31 am

KanKrusha wrote:
Tiptoes wrote:Anyone know more specifics about how the AI was tweaked?

Yes. I do. ...

Thanks KanKrusha.
I all my years of playing games enemy/NPC/unit AI is something that has always stood out as a core challenge to get right.

Thanks for all your hard work :)!!!!
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
Metal C0Mmander
Level 2

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Thu 17 Mar, 2016 3:57 pm

Not sure removing the melee charge on meltagun raptors was really necessary. They suck at actually dealing damge in melee but they still can tie up a squad more efficiently than some other units. Not that it really matters that much either ways really.
Consider that whenever I speak of balance I'm speking of team games. I suck at 1v1 and I'm fine with that.
Indrid

Re: Elite Mod 2.5.1

Postby Indrid » Thu 17 Mar, 2016 8:33 pm

Original post updated with 2.5.1 log.
DiesIrae
Level 1

Postby DiesIrae » Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks a hIndred times over. Quoting the DoW Father's intentions with each update is a great idea. I enjoy seeing the direction that he's trying to take the game. You are worthy of thanks.
Tiptoes
Level 1

Postby Tiptoes » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 3:10 am

KanKrusha wrote:Yes. I do. ...

Thanks for the response KK, much appreciated. Were the additional AI changes in 2.5.1 significant?
"Into the fires of battle, unto the Anvil of War!"
KanKrusha
Level 3

Postby KanKrusha » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 6:12 am

No AI change from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 that I am aware of
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 27 Mar, 2016 1:53 pm

It was just some stuff we didn't have time to test before 2.5 was released.
Chronoslayer
Level 0

Postby Chronoslayer » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 4:37 am

KanKrusha wrote:
Tiptoes wrote:
Anyone know more specifics about how the AI was tweaked?

Yes. I do. ...

Thanks KanKrusha.
I all my years of playing games enemy/NPC/unit AI is something that has always stood out as a core challenge to get right.

Thanks for all your hard work :)!!!!

A thousand times yes to this. I love the better-performing AI code you're adding to this great mod. Thanks so much!
FunkyMonkey
Level 1

Postby FunkyMonkey » Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:07 am

Is there anyway we could get a zip of the 2.5.1 files? I'm playing this on mac, so the mod installer and updater don't work, and copy/pasting the files into the place is the alternative.

Also, I did download the 2.5.0 zip file, and while it generally turned out great, the Techmarine and the Grey Knights astartes units were frozen in their rigid upright standing position and unable to access their moving/shooting/ability animations. Interestingly enough, at the main menu in-game, the Wraithlord also has the same problem, as do the Avatar and Wraithlord in army painter (just like the Techmarine). However, in a test game, they weren't frozen in the rigid standing position and were able to move naturally/shoot/melee. Was this also a problem in 2.5.0 for pc, or was something lost in translation to Mac?

Thanks a lot.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sat 26 Nov, 2016 3:13 am

Seems to be an issue with mac. Someone else reported the same thing on an Apple, and I'm really not sure what the issue is. Hasn't been a problem on PC at all as far as I know. If it were only the Grey Knights, I think it could be that something about Santos' exporting scripts from 3DS Max don't quite transfer to apple for whatever reason. I know the Avatar and Wraithlord models and skeletons (?) were scaled down by community members to fit in the army painter at some point, and those are in Elite as well. Pretty sure that's the one used in the menu screen. Not sure about the TM. Not exactly sure how animations work in that respect, and I've never really looked at the scripts, so I can't say for certain.
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 30 Nov, 2016 9:44 pm

Download the latest version, 2.6, here: viewtopic.php?p=60052#p60052
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.

Return to “Releases”