A few things in my head about skins

Elite (and related) releases.
egewithin
Level 5

A few things in my head about skins

Postby egewithin » Sun 23 Aug, 2015 6:56 pm

First of all, the guy who makes skins, Sterling, have made an amazing job about all of our skins, and proved his skill by Eldar ones. Buuuuuut!.. it is time to be the ignorant YouTube commenter, becauuuuusee why not? Btw, these things were always in my mind for a long time but I didn't wrote them here because I toughed they are not worth to point on. I am writing them down to empty my mind. Remember, I will not write down the good parts of skins here so don't tihnk I don't like them.

BLACK TEMPLARS
Their Dreadnought has a very good potential. He has a huge sword on him but nothing else. This guy can become much better. It has tons of amulets around it but it doesn't effect the viev from battle field. We can't even see them since they are too small. Don't we have a big amulet like the size of a Wartrukk wheel? Sounds pimpy... Davian Thule talks to Thadeus ;'' I heard you have an amulet little brother, call me back when it is worth to see... '' I mean, I don't want a very hard work but can we have some flags or some silk things like on marines on him?

PLOOD ANGELS
We all know that Blood Angels have Space Hulk fethis right? So, they care about the looking of their Terminator armors. I was really looking for some epic Terminator desing as much as Death Guard for Blood Angels but it seems nothing have done at all. Can't we have some chains, silk type things, banners and skulls on them? And a new shield at the size of Ultramarines DLC if possible?

Secondly, why ASM Sergant looks more ballsy than Vanguard marines? Not complaining just saying :D . Speaking of Vanguards, what if we put wings around Vanguards Jump Packs to make them look like Sanguinary Guard http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/5/5d/BA_Sanguinary_Guard.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130823105313 maybe even paint them into all Gold? Would be epic? Yes it would.

Thirdly and lastly, Dreadnought claws, can we have sharp, Blood Angel claws?

SALAMENDERS
Terminators again. Could be better. Can you put the chains on Devestators helmet to Termies shoulders? And thier weapons, what if we put the dragon head like things on Chaos Chainswords on their weapons, not just Termies?

SPASE WOLVES
Gonna try to cut is short here, more stripes on chainswords, more Wolf heads on Vanguards or maybe even Stalinguard, ice looking sharp claws for Dread, much ballsy Terminators, specially Space Wolves deserve this I think. Lastly, Librarian head. Does any one thinks he looks annoying, or at least not wise enough?

DEATH GUARD - WORLD EATERS - IRON WARRIORS worth it
Gonna try to cut it short again, can we have a CL for Death G. looking like their Terminators? And some stripes for Iron Warrior CL? And can we have Havoc helmet for all infantry in World Eaters?
Tengu
Level 1

Re: A few things in my head about skins

Postby Tengu » Tue 25 Aug, 2015 10:59 am

I want to add a little bit from myself about new Eldar skins.
I'm really admit that Sterling and other guys that made skins for Elite mod did stunning work in creating so many awesome skins. But I feel that i need to add some criticism & feedback.
First, about Exodite skin (best of all IMO).
Farseer - above all praise, really looking like Exodite Pandita (leader in exodite settlement).
Warlock - also very good model, but his shoes looks like made of cellophane. Also his witchblade may be changed(maybe glow much less or different model for it), since in lore Exodites rarely use wraithbone, unlike Craftworld Eldar.
Rangers - why "Ronahn" is almost bald? Just make him look right, or you can use models of Pathfinders from Eldar campaign.
Autarch - also looks very nice, but since most of Exodite's models is in camouflage painting, you can use model of Autarch Kayleth's maximum lvl armor from eldar campaigh. (sorry for quality of the images)
ImageImage
And last, Seer council - you can make them similar to warlock, they have really god potential.

Second, Saim-Hann skin.
Farseer - awesome. Two things - i don't think that she needs backpack from guardian, and her helmet can just be taken from Mantle of Malan'tai(Last Stand armor)
Warlock - pure gold, samurai-warlock is awesome to see.
Dire Avenger - very funny model with that bared, muscled (not eldar-like)arm with tattoo. "Hey banshee-girl, wanna see tattoo on my muscled arm?"
Howling Banshee & Exarch - not bad, good colored, but i don't understand why you used old banshee models instead of new, really awesome models made by David-CZ?
Autarch - really cool model, but one thing... in game it's male model with female voice lines. I dunno, maybe its possible to change voice lines exclusively for this skin.
And again, Seer Council - i don't understand why you didn't change them.

And last, Harlequins skin.
Well, it looks like you spent all your imagination and talent on Exodite and Saim-Hann skins. Many models of Harlequins skin looks broken, like if someone invited them in massage parlor "Jackhammer". May models looks unfinished, textures are raw... Also, Warlock Purple, Goblin Green, Bad Moon Yellow, Skull White and Blood Red colors are really badly combined. I advice to look on some Harlequins art to see how to paint then. Harlequins have to look frightening, but they look comical.
My Eternal Crusade code - EC-HMZ40PVE9FLX3
SinisterLaugh
Level 2

Postby SinisterLaugh » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 3:00 pm

Tengu wrote:Harlequins have to look frightening, but they look comical.

They have male Banshee models here, aren`t they look frightening enough to you? :D
When life gives you Lemans...
Tengu
Level 1

Postby Tengu » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 4:23 pm

SinisterLaugh wrote:
They have male Banshee models here, aren`t they look frightening enough to you? :D

They look ridiculous.
My Eternal Crusade code - EC-HMZ40PVE9FLX3

Return to “Releases”