Group Download file EXE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4VHIe ... sp=sharing

Leviathan Eye Download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43LAj ... sp=sharing

Le- Readme

Blizzards Grip Download

BG Readme- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43LAj ... sp=sharing

hi guys, if you guys have been keeping up with my streams then you may have heard me mention that i am an aspiring game/level designer and ive made quite a few maps.

However this is my first dawn of war 2 so HAVE MERCY

anyhoo, here it is Leviathan Eye.

Backstory:

Neon darted into cover as a deathspitter projectile cut through the air and scorched the already broken earth where he stood only moments ago. He swiftly fired his boltgun rounds at the Tyranid alien, the termagant face was impacted by multiple Bolter shells which tore fist sized holes into its skull, dark purple fluid spilled from its mutilated skull as it slumped to the ground, immediately starting to decay. The scout sergeant ordered a move order, and as he advanced forward the remaining 3 scouts followed closely behind.

Neon experienced an excruciating pain tearing at his abdomen, a burning sensation gripped him and so he lowered his head in angst to identify the cause. Two vile flesh-covered harpoon shaped blades protruded from him and before he could utter a cry, his shouts were drained out by panicked gun fire. It was as if the ground was being pulled beneath him, he catapulted into the air while the panicked figures of his comrades became more distant, the last sound he could fathom was the desperate cries from his initiates and the ever so eerie growl of the monster that claimed his soul.

To install:

Place the downlaoded files in retribution/elite_beta/data/maps/pvp
then run the game

Design :

the map is quite small and have 4 main choke points, two from either side of the middle victory point and another two leading from the players natural to the victory point.

8- version ALmost finished Finished: I added some splats although nothing was really needed, back screen has also been repaird. The map will no longer be updated ENJOY IT!

9 Version: Ultra2 Changed the map significantly sot that its not as bland to look at, playing the campaign again made me go crazy for level design. Check it out
Last edited by Blessed Spartan on Mon 25 Nov, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Lulgrim
Admin

Re: (2) Leviathan Eye ( UPDATED)

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:20 am

You should pack the map into an SGA archive that can be dropped into the Mods folder (and removed easily from there as well).
Blessed Spartan
Level 1

Postby Blessed Spartan » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 11:30 am

How do i do this?
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 11:55 am

Cope's Toolbox would do it automatically BUT you need to set it up as a mod first. In CR days you could just pack the files with a separate program but I need to check if this still works with Retribution. Unless other ppl can answer straight up.
Blessed Spartan
Level 1

Postby Blessed Spartan » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 12:23 pm

right okay well ill check ducans guide to see what i can add and make
Castle
Level 2

Postby Castle » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:05 pm

DK's SGA archive tool is my favorite, you can find it on this link along with other map making tools etc.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bzf_PpE44bLtOUxib2JNWjZwMUk&usp=sharing

Copes Tools does work fine too though
Castle
Level 2

Postby Castle » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:06 pm

Will try to find the time to test this out soon, thanks for working on maps!
Blessed Spartan
Level 1

Postby Blessed Spartan » Tue 27 Aug, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for the help Castle, um how do i use this Interface?
Blessed Spartan
Level 1

Re: Bessed Maps ( 1V1 maps by Blessed Spartan)

Postby Blessed Spartan » Wed 28 Aug, 2013 6:46 pm

Right now that thats finished i can show you the second map that ive been working on called Blizzard's Grip

its a Snow map of an Aurilen Outpost, im quite tired so i wont go into full detail right now, but you guys should check it out i need all the feedback i can get as im eager to get these maps into the Main game and possibly even tourneys!.

DOWNLOAD:

usp=sharin
g

http://i.imgur.com/qBaWBbq.jpg

Update: Teleporters have been removed (for now) and lighting has been fixed,
Have changed the layout of the contested req points and natural power points so that the map is more compact. changed the map visuals also
Last edited by Blessed Spartan on Mon 25 Nov, 2013 1:51 am, edited 12 times in total.
Orkfaeller
Contributor

Re: Blessed Maps ( 1V1 maps by Blessed Spartan)

Postby Orkfaeller » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 4:49 pm

Love what you did with the Bunker on the first picture.
Castle
Level 2

Postby Castle » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 10:57 pm

Still have not been able to test this out, mostly because I dunna want to fuss with a non packed map. Once you get it packed into an SGA Spartan please link it and let us know ;)
Blessed Spartan
Level 1

Postby Blessed Spartan » Wed 04 Sep, 2013 12:35 am

I dont know how!! i get an error message saying Arhive. exe (V5-DOW2. does not exist. Also its not like it takes much effort copying files into a folder xD
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Wed 04 Sep, 2013 2:13 pm

Blessed Spartan wrote:However this is my first dawn of war 2 so HAVE MERCY

Short Answer: No! :twisted:

Blessed Spartan wrote:issues: The map works, however there are some game breaking issues.

1.The map will decide that although it is a 2 player map it will allow open 6 player slots and also removes the observer slot ( I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS Max power and Drid help meh!). if the player obts to do this however it will initiate a bug splat

Yeah, I had that as well, just edit the "mapname.info" after u baked the map and change the "maxplayers" entry.

Blessed Spartan wrote:2. map image appears as a star for some reason and the loading screen where appear black. i am currently unsure of how to fix this but will be waiting for any help you can offer.

U have to create the loading screen, as well as the minimaps for the map selection.
Just look at one of Indrids or my maps and and u should find out which *.dds belongs where and what they are good for.

Blessed Spartan wrote:3. players can see out of the map for some damn reason.

When creating a new map a window pops up (exhibit a)and asks u to chose the terrain size and the playable size. The playable size is the part of the map the players are able to roam around with the ingame camera. U said that players could see "out" of your map, which leads to the conclusion that ur terrain size is the same as the playable size (exhibit b).

exhibit a

exhibit b

the part of the map that is in the red square is the playable area

Anyways lets come to the things I liked and I didnt like about ur maps (keep in mind that im not talking about gameplay, I'm only talking about the visuals)

I. Leviathan Eye
  • 1. Splats/Splines
    • ...or lack thereof, just take a look at the following pics:
      so u used 5 different splats all in all, imho thats nothing, u should add way more splats to give the map more details a more interesting look so to speak

Lets compare ur map with the map im working on right now. I just wanted to show u how many splats I use when making a map. And yes I might have a splat fetish, but tbh they add so much more details to your map with just a little effort on your side.

U should notice that I used more splats in that little area then u did in both of ur maps combined. :ugeek:

U also didnt use any splines as far as i could tell.

One thing id like to say is that all the bases of your hills look dull, no textures/splines/spalts there that would mark a transition from "hill" to ground, its just like a cut. Let me show u how it would look in real life:

U should pay attention at the transition from hill (top) to the part in the mid (which is the transition area) to the ground (bottom). But that aforementioned transition area is missing in your map.
  • 2. Object placement
    • Just a couple of questions or hints:

That looks kinda nice but is it guaranteed that this genfarm always drops 3 gens? Cause sometimes objects will block the "build space" so to speak. U might wanna check that out.

It also seems to me that the western player has more cover at his disposal. Just take a look at the following screenshot:

And why is this hedge floating in mid air? :D
  • 3. Lighting
    • Pick a nice lighting colour and bake the lighting, right now the shadows are too dark id say. I think that the following pic shows what i meant when I said that the shadows are way too dark Image

II. Blizzard's Grip
  • It has nearly all the problems "Leviathan Eye" has + 2 more probs.
    • 1. lack of splats and spliens
    • 2. weird object placement:
      Just take a look at that bunker/gate thingy where stuff like imperial bunkers are floating in the air, also where does that gate lead to? right now it looks like it leads to a stone wall which is like 1 meter behind the gate.

or what about those rocks, that are also floating in the air and the magic floating wall of imperial awesome sauce.

• 3. lighting is off
      chose a nice cold colour, bake the lighting the shadows shouldnt be as hard anymore and u might wanna add some kind of fog as well
    • 4. add more different textures
    • 5. smooth them walls that are the level border I suppose
      and add another wall there so the players wont be able to see the out of your map
    • 6. CAM - use it
      right now whenever u scroll over a hill the camera wont incorporate the height change. Which means that the camera appears to zoom in = loss of overview.
      Let me show u what I mean.

• 1. Ur map

• 2. The version I edited a bit

Thx 4 reading and well hf.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Blessed Spartan
Level 1

Postby Blessed Spartan » Wed 04 Sep, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks for your responses Max, almost all of the issues you put forward i was aware of but unsure to edit particularity the height of the camera, and also the lighting i wasn't sure how that would effect the look of the may, due to when i baked the lightning it looked butt ugly.

Leviathan Eye is fine game play wise and since then ive made some changes although i haven't uploaded it as ive been waiting for feedback and have recieved almost nothing , thank you about the scenery though as i take alot into account and ill take your response on-board.

about floating rocks, i love floating rocks and if you look at the sky map that is planet Auralia which had floating rocks on it 8-)

and yeah half of what you've show ive fixed already but LOL for finding it too, ill upload the latest version soon.

Ill add splats although i couldn't find a lot that iw wanted to use hence why i had so few
Thank you for your feedback

Lastly people were saying something about flashing lights in some areas of the map, is that due to the lighting for just thier pcs being poor?

P.S about the pc trying to play 3v3 on 1v1 map, make sure you save the file inside your PVP folder and that there are no spaces in the name otherwise it wont bake to the correct place.

Return to “Releases”