[HELP] Model Request - Crusader

Elite (and related) releases.
Caeltos

[HELP] Model Request - Crusader

Postby Caeltos » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:34 pm

If there's any modder out there, I've always wanted to tinker with the existing GK roster and try to bring back more to what I had initially had in mind. Grey Knights as I envisioned from the start, was that they would have more inquisitiorial units, alongside with Grey Knights operating as the hard-hitters and they would progressively get more prescence on the map as the game progressed on. You would initially field maybe 1 GK unit in the early-game, and have 2-3 inquisitorial units. And in T2, you would have an additional Inquisitorial unit (Altho Vindicare is somewhat this), and in the late-game, there are nothing but Grey Knight Terminators.

So, it would look something like this;
T1 - 2/3 Inquisitorial with 1/2 Grey Knight units
T2 - 3/4 Inquisitorial units with 2/3 Grey Knights units
T3 - 3/4 Inquisitorial units with 3/4 Grey Knight units

In the late-game (T3) the Inquisitorial units would lose their flavor, and you would have the option to sacrifice them to field more Grey Knights in the process if you wish so. However, you may do this, but due to lack of Inquisitorial units, this option is somewhat linear, and the outcome, less then what I had originally intended.

In order to flex out the Grey Knight, and make them more unique , less frustrating to face, and less linear in their build options. Their roster has to undergo some changes, and this is something that's happening already, but the early-mid game can be tinkered furthermore with.

Which brings me to the topic at hand. I'm looking for some assistance on moddeling this following unit;

The Crusader would serve as a melee-combatant unit in your early-mid game. With great sustain potential (Can be replaced with Purifier. In your early-game, you have the option to go for Inq/Crusaders for early-game and economical viability that transitions well into a T2 with a strong-banking economy. However, the early-game skirmishes must be controlled well to avoid agressive pressures.

This would synergize well with the intended army composition to have Rhino/Purifier to act as an counter-pressure tool combination alongside with Inquisitorial Stormtrooper. Otherwise, you could utilize the quality over quantity factor to have Strike Squad + Crusader to act as your frontline units. Again - this brings back the intended idea to have Inquisitorial units to have more prescence. (Due to starting INQST + Crusader = 2 + 1 Strike Squad etc)

Why have I yet to mention the combination of Interceptors? Well, they're being moved to T3 and act as a flexible-ranged generalist unit. They may not have the dps of the Terminators or Paladins in close-combat, but they're vastly superior in their ranged arsenal options, as well as their utility-kit. There's a certain overbundance of anti-supression teams for GK in their early-game, due to GL's + BC and Rhino potential. This seperates the faction in how they deal with the supression team in the early-game. In T2, you have the tanky and durable Purifiers which are able to flank more easier, charge in or soak the damage due to their increased courage compared to other units. They also unlock more Pysker potential to deal with variety of situations. Making the mid-game more dependant on ability-useage to turn the tide of the fights.

Late-game, they bring out the durablity and damage versality units that meld with their existing roster. However, again - fights should still be very cautiously taken, to avoid economical damage. In the current state, it's quite jiffy and odd at best. But I'm hopeful and believe the intended design and goal of the faction can be achieved still, and hopefully result in a much better gameplay enviroment, and flavor of the Grey Knight faction that seperates them more from their counterpart factions.
Atlas

Re: [HELP] Model Request - Crusader

Postby Atlas » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:42 pm

:O more inq units and :O ints to t3 and becoming more ranged focused. My mind explodes with the possibilites.

Sorry I can't help you as I have no idea how to model, but the changes themselves sound cool. I dabble in GK and wouldn't mind having more inq units enter the fray as so far they're represented almost entirely by the stormtroopers. I'm not going to ask about specifics about the crusaders yet as this seems early but color me intrigued.

With Crusaders coming in though, is there a possibility of the Rhino being moved to T2 in exchange as the crusaders seem to fill the same basic anti-melee role that the Rhino seems to serve at that phase of the game? I know I'm basically asking about stuff you probably wrote down on leftover Taco Bell napkins, but I'm really interested and excited about zeh possibilites.
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 6:45 pm

Really interested in this direction! I hope there are some modelers out there who can help :)

At a very high level, I really like this general direction you are talking for GK. More then anything else, I'm happy to see GK move further away from the "baseline" SM army - light ranged, heavy ranged, setup, jump. Changing fully away from jump-troops in T1 sounds fantastic (thought scary). T3 heavy warpsiders though? Neat...

Replacing early tier "inquisitorial" units to field all GK late game is also cool sounding, I hope it can work out.
Ar-Aamon
Level 3

Postby Ar-Aamon » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 7:12 pm

This sounds terrific. What a cool idea! :) I hope somebody can pull this off.
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 23 Mar, 2015 9:01 pm

Intruging is the word I'd use, and not a bad idea, and a very brave one. I can see GK turning back into Daemon hunters which is a great thing in my book, in their first TT codex you could run the army without ever fielding a single GK unit. I think we could get some very grimy John Blanche-esque looking models.

ANd Interceptors as a ranged unit in tier three? I'll hold my tongue, because if anyone can deliver it's you Caeltos.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
zeetorq
Level 0

Postby zeetorq » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 11:41 am

''You want it? then it shall be yours''
Pointy end:
Thingy to block other's pointy end's:
Fella wielding pointy end:
Also, I'm looking for assistance in animating/importing this brave fella to the game.
Lost Son of Nikhel
Contributor

Postby Lost Son of Nikhel » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 6:20 pm

Good job, Zeetorg.

Which kit of animations is going to have? FC with Chainsword and shield ones?

Caeltos, I assume you drop the idea of an Eversor Assassin?
"Pater, peccavi in caelum et coram te; iam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus". Dixit autem pater: "manducemus et epulemur, quia hic filius meus mortuus erat et revixit, perierat et inventus est"

There will be no forgiveness for us.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 7:51 pm

Here animation tutorial: http://9gag.com/gag/aeGbWeB
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 8:55 pm

zeetorq wrote:''You want it? then it shall be yours''

Thank you very much! I was afraid that this project might me cancelled because of no support.

Edit : I am happy about Grey Knights are going to be a whole new race with its self.
ytimk
Level 2

Postby ytimk » Fri 22 Jan, 2016 6:24 am

First there is this based guy with the vision and plans for a more unique faction and playstyle,
Caeltos wrote:

... and then this guy
zeetorq wrote:''You want it? then it shall be yours''
Pointy end:
Thingy to block other's pointy end's:
Fella wielding pointy end:
Also, I'm looking for assistance in animating/importing this brave fella to the game.

comes along to put the icing on the cake with an awesome effort.

Thank you, creative modders like you two are what makes me love game communities.
Ring ring. Call Da Boyz!
Theory.
I have never played vs a human......
b-b-b-but I watch 100s of casts.
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 4:16 pm

Is the model good to go?
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 4:26 pm

Model is good. I am curious about the role of the unit.
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 4:40 pm

Can we get on the hype train yet?
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Cyris
Level 4

Postby Cyris » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 5:46 pm

My fantasy for the Crusader still is a req only melee unit, while the SS becomes req + power T1.5 unit.

This will both make OM more strongly different then Chaos/SM, bring about the fantasy of the Inquisitorial -> GK ramp of the faction, justify SS T1 over-performance compared to Tac and CSM and give the option for a melee focused build.

Deeper fantasies include SS having purification as a baseline skill to justify the new power cost, and Crusaders starting with an energy costing ability that does (???). This will make for cool synergies for Canticle in T1, as well as focusing SS energy battery gameplay into core OM.

::crosses fingers::
Ordie
Level 1

Postby Ordie » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 7:48 pm

Cyris wrote:My fantasy for the Crusader still is a req only melee unit, while the SS becomes req + power T1.5 unit...

Crusaders starting with an energy costing ability that does (???). This will make for cool synergies for Canticle in T1, as well as focusing SS energy battery gameplay into core OM.

::crosses fingers::

"Bulwark" Crusaders become immune to suppression and gain a charge 18. Duration 15 seconds. Cooldown: I don't know seconds.

Remove Grenade Launchers from IST. Crusaders become your line breakers against suppression/tie up ranged squads, while the BC settles into a leader of Men (and then Astartes later of course) with potential synergy between Sword and Canticle. It would also help tone down (what I feel is) OM having too much AOE damage in t1.

Just a thought.
Chaplain of the Reasonable Marines. -SEMPER RATIO!
Caeltos

Postby Caeltos » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 3:15 am

My fantasy for the Crusader still is a req only melee unit, while the SS becomes req + power T1.5 unit.

Yes.

"Bulwark" Crusaders become immune to suppression and gain a charge 18. Duration 15 seconds. Cooldown: I don't know seconds.

Close, but yes.
evilmario5
Level 2

Postby evilmario5 » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 6:01 am

I like the idea the Crusader unit going with so I spent a few hours making a codex info draft of what it could be like.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_cz ... sp=sharing
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
Aetherion
Level 2

Postby Aetherion » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 1:44 pm

Caeltos wrote:

Yes.

Close, but yes.

HYPE FOR THE HYPE GOD
CREED FOR THE PLAN GOD
ELDRAD FOR THE DICK THRONE
just as planned
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 2:53 pm

Caeltos wrote:

Yes.

As I was reading this I just yelled out:"YEEESSSSSSSS!"
This will make for much more interesting matchups than are currently being had.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 5:56 pm

evilmario5 wrote:I like the idea the Crusader unit going with so I spent a few hours making a codex info draft of what it could be like.

Good work. But they have too much abilitys and very shot cooldowns to be honest. :D
Skyward Sorceror
Level 2

Postby Skyward Sorceror » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 5:39 am

The Omnissiah Looks favorably upon those who excell in their duties techpriest. Keep up the good work.
Ten squads die by me.... Look at all the damn I give.
Ordie
Level 1

Postby Ordie » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 6:52 am

Caeltos wrote:

Yes.

Close, but yes.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Chaplain of the Reasonable Marines. -SEMPER RATIO!
evilmario5
Level 2

Postby evilmario5 » Tue 03 May, 2016 7:51 am

firatwithin wrote:
evilmario5 wrote:I like the idea the Crusader unit going with so I spent a few hours making a codex info draft of what it could be like.

Good work. But they have too much abilitys and very shot cooldowns to be honest. :D

updated. :D
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
Ettenreb of the tees
Level 0

Postby Ettenreb of the tees » Mon 30 Jan, 2017 2:23 pm

Excuse me is this project dead or alive because I really wish to see this unit in the battlefield p.s (new to the community)
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 30 Jan, 2017 3:52 pm

Ettenreb of the tees wrote:Excuse me is this project dead or alive because I really wish to see this unit in the battlefield p.s (new to the community)

I think there was some talk about a Nemesis Dread knight a while ago . u better talk to caeltos about that . or contact the other moderators personally as well (list of admins is there)

there is also another fella who wants to work on a new mod , check this thread if u wanna contact him
viewtopic.php?t=2949
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 8:20 am

So like, is this model actually ready to go? Animations?

You know... just asking... just curious....

Return to “Releases”