Announcing the DoW2 Blood Pac... uh... Confetti Pack!

Elite (and related) releases.
Caeltos

Re: Things I made while procrastinating

Postby Caeltos » Sat 04 Apr, 2015 6:15 pm

That's so hot Image
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sat 04 Apr, 2015 6:28 pm

Wise Windu wrote:Haha thanks Nurland.

Well, I did some more brocrastinating. Made a more obvious fx for More Dakka

Me likey a lot! Very useful.

Awesome work Windu you boss-man :D
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 10:56 am

Exellent, exellent work Windu ! :D
Also could you make it rotating like other markers ?
Are you working on similiar stuff for other races ?
For the Emperor skurwysyny !
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 3:00 pm

fankater wrote:Also could you make it rotating like other markers ?
You mean like Use Yer Choppas? I wanted to, but that effect uses a 3D model in it. There's no 3D model for this, unfortunately, since I made it from scratch, and I can only do 2D :(

fankater wrote:Are you working on similiar stuff for other races ?
I have a busy couple weeks coming up, but I will be making new fx for the Ravener's Catalyst ability, Holy Ground, and Doom. Also still need to finish one for Psychic Storm that I have partially done. If you, or anyone, can think of other abilities that have overlapping or hard to see markers, post them here so I remember to make new ones.
fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 3:48 pm

Wise Windu wrote:
fankater wrote:Also could you make it rotating like other markers ?
You mean like Use Yer Choppas? I wanted to, but that effect uses a 3D model in it. There's no 3D model for this, unfortunately, since I made it from scratch, and I can only do 2D :(

Yup, that`s what i mean but it`s already very nice. ;)

Wise Windu wrote:
fankater wrote:Are you working on similiar stuff for other races ?
I have a busy couple weeks coming up, but I will be making new fx for the Ravener's Catalyst ability, Holy Ground, and Doom. Also still need to finish one for Psychic Storm that I have partially done. If you, or anyone, can think of other abilities that have overlapping or hard to see markers, post them here so I remember to make new ones.

SM: For The Emperor - only ranged damage buff so mayby some bolter icon ?
GK: Mind Blades - it increase ranged damage, melee damage and melee skill, fist and gun icon ?
Orks: ard Boys - defence buff, blue shield ?
Eldar: Crack Shot - ranged damage only buff, some blue gun icon ?
CSM: Dark Flames have decent and unique decorator but u can make it better if u can ;)

Also plz recolor Bro-Captain Canticle of Absolution effect to blue ofc if it isn`t too hard to do.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 08 Apr, 2015 4:28 pm

fankater wrote:SM: For The Emperor - only ranged damage buff so mayby some bolter icon ?
It's all damage actually. Not sure if it overlaps with anything. Might of Titan I guess. Maybe a new marker for Might of Titan then.

fankater wrote:GK: Mind Blades - it increase ranged damage, melee damage and melee skill, fist and gun icon ?
Already made one for this actually, just haven't posted it here. I made it before I made this thread. Right now it's just a ring marker below the model.

fankater wrote:Orks: ard Boys - defence buff, blue shield ?
This one is already fairly visible I think. You can definitely tell when it happens, and it only really overlaps with the Defend ability iirc.

fankater wrote:Eldar: Crack Shot - ranged damage only buff, some blue gun icon ?
This one I will do.

fankater wrote:Also plz recolor Bro-Captain Canticle of Absolution effect to blue ofc if it isn`t too hard to do.
Made an entirely new fx for it actually. Same deal as Mind Blades, made before this thread. I should probably post it here at some point to see what people think.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 6:10 am

Ok, fx for Canticle and Holy Ground (WIP). Constructive criticism pls. Starting to think the Canticle fx is too busy, like Indrid said a while ago.

fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 8:55 am

Oh God this is beautiful... but what is that inq symbol on catachans ?
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 12:58 pm

The spell prevention debuff.
fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 2:04 pm

IMO you should remove that cloud thing on CoA effect. There`s just too much things in one circle, cloud, debuff... Stay only with circle and debuff icon and that cloud cover half of the screen, hard to see units.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 4:47 pm

Tried making the rings more transparent and less frequent first:

fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 7:14 pm

I`m still think that this cloud is unnecessary.. Just recolor ring and I icon to same color (light blue?) and it`ll be perfectly fine. BTW you`re truly talented Windu ;)
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 7:46 pm

All your work is awsome. Let me say something eather. Can't you put Lamanters skin like all other Elite skin in to game in the next patch? I think it is possible.

About warpthrow colour, the red colour says ''There is going to be a bda thing here'' like D-Cannon ability or Eldricthctctcttch. But he just throws you away so not bad at all insted of eating an Eldricth. (why so hard names Eldar?)
Dalakh
Level 2

Postby Dalakh » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 7:46 pm

I don't think the waves are needed either, between the abovehead indicator and the circle you already have a very clear information, maybe something softer and more static not to get it too crowded.

BTW I think keeping overhead icons for very strong effects like UYC, more dakka, and stuff like that is excellent but it shouldn't be a thing for "for the emperor" or crack shot and other such buffs which are tamer. For lisibility's sake.

Maybe make "Doom" more visible? Not sure because on one hand it would help the targeted player but in team games it also helps your allies focus the target. Any thoughts?

Still damn sexy, keep it up.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 7:54 pm

Dalakh wrote:Maybe make "Doom" more visible? Not sure because on one hand it would help the targeted player but in team games it also helps your allies focus the target. Any thoughts?

So you think he can escape his Tacs from Banshees when he sees the effect? It is going to be the same thing as Marked Target of Techmarine. I don't think the visibility will help to the enemy, still you can understand from the weapon of Farseer and her energy levels. So, no problem I think.
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 8:31 pm

Doom's visual effect is pretty much fine, but Fortune is very hard to see. To be honest I don't mind, it's Eldar trickery :P the enemy can't tell my squad has fortune on it which is nice, but half the time I'm not sure if I managed to cast it either lol
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 9:26 pm

fankater wrote:I`m still think that this cloud is unnecessary.. Just recolor ring and I icon to same color (light blue?) and it`ll be perfectly fine. BTW you`re truly talented Windu ;)
Yeah, still need something to show the true radius though. This effect doesn't encompass the whole 25 radius, and expanding the ring to that would look silly. Maybe a nearly transparent wave that moves outward or something, similar to the Holy Ground one. Thanks :) But most of the textures are just recolored/modified Relic textures put through the fx editor. I think the only ones made completely from scratch were the More Dakka one and the Canticle ring.

firatwithin wrote:Can't you put Lamanters skin like all other Elite skin in to game in the next patch?
Probably could. I'm actually waiting for a reply from Sterling first about possibly being able to add vehicle skins in. Currently, vehicle skins are attached to the base skeleton, so new ones can't really be added in very well. For infantry, the base model is only skeleton, no skin. That's the reason we couldn't add in the Catachan Sentinel. It overlapped with the regular one, and there wasn't a way to add it without completely replacing the original. So hopefully that will be possible, because I kind of want to add the Dreadnought :P Interestingly, the Chaos Dreadnought uses this method to have new models added in. The model used for the base entity is skeleton only I think. That's why it has so many of Sterling's kewl models.

Dalakh wrote:BTW I think keeping overhead icons for very strong effects like UYC, more dakka, and stuff like that is excellent but it shouldn't be a thing for "for the emperor" or crack shot and other such buffs which are tamer. For lisibility's sake.
I agree. Having too many would also probably cause some to overlap eventually, which would look bad. Probably going to make Crack Shot a buff like the IG buffs to GM, when their hands light up. We'll see. I think the Autarch gives a buff like that too, so it will have to be differentiated somehow.

Dalakh wrote:Maybe make "Doom" more visible?
Already planning on doing Doom and Catalyst.

Vapor wrote:but Fortune is very hard to see.
Guess I'll add that to the list then :P
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 10:05 pm

Wise Windu wrote:The spell prevention debuff.
Doesn't that thing stays on when it shouldn't be? It stays on on the units outside the area, while they are able to use abilities though.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 10:10 pm

It seems to take a second or so to go away after the spell wears of, if that's what you mean. Which units were using abilities?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 10:18 pm

Non of them were, but units outside of the bubble still had the icon above their heads, the catachans.
Unless the bubble isn't the actual size? Which would be very confusing :)
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 10:23 pm

Dark Riku wrote:Non of them were, but units outside of the bubble still had the icon above their heads, the catachans.
Unless the bubble isn't the actual size? Which would be very confusing :)
Ah, yeah. Need to add that

Wise Windu wrote:Yeah, still need something to show the true radius though. This effect doesn't encompass the whole 25 radius, and expanding the ring to that would look silly. Maybe a nearly transparent wave that moves outward or something, similar to the Holy Ground one.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 6:24 am

Updated Canticle a bit

fankater
Level 2

Postby fankater » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 9:24 am

The effect of ability is very good and should stay as it is now (mayby little recolorization). Does CoA work on vehicles too ? There`s clearly visible marker on BW. As Riku said, size of that ring should be as wide as ability range.
Nurland

Things I made while procrastinating

Postby Nurland » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:30 am

Omg this is so shit it is like a turd drank a cup of coffee and took a huge dump on a pile of frozen poop. That is my constructive criticism.

Now in all seriousness. I think it looks rather nice. But I think the waves could be a bit more visible.
#noobcodex
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 4:07 pm

fankater wrote:The effect of ability is very good and should stay as it is now (mayby little recolorization). Does CoA work on vehicles too ? There`s clearly visible marker on BW. As Riku said, size of that ring should be as wide as ability range.
It prevents abilities from all targets. I'm not changing the size of the ring, as I said, because making it larger would look strange. That's why I added the expanding waves Nurland mentioned (lulz Nurland). So it seems they should be more visible :)
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 12:50 am

Could we see the circle as big as the actual ability range?

It would be the most clear way I think for everyone.
Some people will otherwise probably think it's bugged :p
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 5:57 am

I'd just remove the circle at this point. At a smaller radius it's misleading and at the correct radius it's too imposing.

Keep the semi-transparent waves and colour them purple to tie into the energy regen gains. Play with the opacity, frequency and speed of them until it's clear but not too crazy. I think with the waves and the over head icons the circle is just unnecessary.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:08 pm

The circle looks very nice but yeah... It can see it being misleading.
#noobcodex
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 1:09 am

I think that's cool. Maybe a small touch more opacity and it's perfect IMO.

EDIT: What is the duration of CoA? Codex doesn't seem to mention it. Seems like 8 seconds or so.

Return to “Releases”