Swift's bag of W.I.P map delights

Elite (and related) releases.
Forestradio
Level 5

Re: Swift's bag of W.I.P map delights

Postby Forestradio » Thu 24 Mar, 2016 2:52 pm

Swiftsabre wrote: so you can have the choice to play the original or a version that is more appealing to your super sensitive and annoyingly picky eyesight.

On a serious note this sounds sick, Lugganath is actually better designed than quests imo, can't wait to have a version that everyone else doesn't hate playing on :p
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 30 May, 2016 8:49 pm

So, things have moved on a bit, and things are shaping up. Vulcan Pits is complete and almost download ready, need to finish some little bits like background screenshot implementation, courtesy of Steve, but otherwise, on with the show.

If you want to download ARCHAEA VISTA then do so from this LINKY LINK (labelled as (6p)_cathedral_vista).

And thirdly, as if that wasn't enough rubbish already, I have a new map ready to playtest. Introducing:

QUEST'S REDEMPTION

Yep, another Quest's. How confusing.

Quest's Redemption is a 3v3 map based on some watery planet somewhere where Quest redeems himself. It's a fairly large map, with vps spread across, one natural each and a contested, with two main zones of combat, the left and right valleys. It is a bit unbalanced at the moment and I'm working on rectifying that, so the version I am attaching here is not completely release ready and is subject to change, so bear that in mind.

LINKY LINK (labelled as (6p)_quests_redemption).

Here are some beautiful 4k screenshots from BbBoS (who unfortunately had rain turned off - oh well): http://imgur.com/a/ofsTc

Ignore the silly name, we love him really.

Last edited by Swift on Wed 01 Jun, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 31 May, 2016 10:49 pm

So, the links that got prematurely taken down earlier are now reinstated and fixed, brilliant, I hear no one cry. No matter, hopefully this might interest you more. Presenting:

VULCAN PITS

Vulcan Pits is a full reskin of Lugganath Glacier v1.2, which as it stands at the moment is not the same version of Lugganath Glacier as seen in the mod, it is in fact a rebalanced one, so expect to see that map updated for next release too if you still want to play the snowy version. A link to download it has been included.

LINKY LINK

Now whilst I admit this map probably isn't as visually compelling as it could be, most people play 1v1 for playability, and with a stark grey/black background, those indicators should be nice and bright. It also features:

- Improved pathing
- Less stark visuals
- Balance™
- Volcanic rock

BbBoS has once again excelled himself at photography: http://imgur.com/a/2vshi

Instructions for downloading are as such:
- Download to any folder you choose, it doesn't matter, this is an sga file and therefore needs no installation
- When you download it to a location or copy it, remember to put it in your DoW II folder, and in particular GameAssets

It should look like: C: > Program files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Dawn of War II: Retribution > GameAssets > Mods

If you have no folder called "Mods", simply create one, DO NOT put it in "ModSamples".
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Swift

Postby Swift » Wed 01 Jun, 2016 5:29 pm

Also updated recently, Lugganath Glacier v1.2.

Much like Vulcan Pits in layout, otherwise still the same as before with some minor cover and shot blocker tweaks.

I've made ease of access and pathing generally easier, and the powers are now less natural and shot blocked.

Odysseus
Level 2

Postby Odysseus » Thu 02 Jun, 2016 2:44 pm

I hope we shall see the updated map and the other maps in the next patch :). I know I can do it myself, but eh, I'll wait. Prefer to maximise the momentum of impact upon release.
The Exarch
Level 1

Postby The Exarch » Thu 02 Jun, 2016 6:47 pm

How do we add these maps to the game?
As an Exarch i can never again walk away from the path of war.
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 02 Jun, 2016 9:53 pm

The Exarch wrote:How do we add these maps to the game?

At the bottom of post 62:
Instructions for downloading are as such:
- Download to any folder you choose, it doesn't matter, this is an sga file and therefore needs no installation
- When you download it to a location or copy it, remember to put it in your DoW II folder, and in particular GameAssets

It should look like: C: > Program files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Dawn of War II: Retribution > GameAssets > Mods

If you have no folder called "Mods", simply create one, DO NOT put it in "ModSamples".
The Exarch
Level 1

Postby The Exarch » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 5:53 am

Okay, can you provide all the link so far? i want to make sure i dont miss one of them. thanks for your time.
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri 03 Jun, 2016 10:55 am

The Exarch wrote:Okay, can you provide all the link so far? i want to make sure i dont miss one of them. thanks for your time.

Vulcan Pits: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RSq5 ... sp=sharing

Archaea Vista: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RSq5 ... sp=sharing

Quest's Redemption: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RSq5 ... sp=sharing
The Exarch
Level 1

Postby The Exarch » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 1:18 am

Thanks so much!
The Exarch
Level 1

Postby The Exarch » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 3:08 am

I got them installed thanks for your help
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 1:46 pm

WIP...

MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 4:52 pm

Dunno, vulcan pits looks a bit too barren, like nearly no splats at all, judging by the screenshots that is. Also change the color of one of the global light sources from purple/pink to orange, would make it look more believable.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Swift

Postby Swift » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 9:53 pm

MaxPower wrote:Dunno, vulcan pits looks a bit too barren, like nearly no splats at all, judging by the screenshots that is. Also change the color of one of the global light sources from purple/pink to orange, would make it look more believable.

Yeah, it is a bit barren at the moment, not really used to volcanic tileset so not sure what to do.

And the purple colouration is a mystery because I haven't used any local light sources.
Swift

Re: New map: (6p) Angstrom Heights

Postby Swift » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 6:59 pm

I feel like I've been churning these maps out, so it's only sensible for me to build a forge world in order to meet supply needs, and thus, the forge world of Angstrom is born/built/vomited into existence.

(6p) Angstrom Heights

Download linky link

Angstrom Heights is a new 3v3 map set on a wide open munitions dump. The land itself is very flat and features few changes in height, despite the fact that it is mounted on a big fat platform. It consists of long corridors and open spaces broken by static arches and crushable walls, meaning certain passages that are diversions early on become far easier to traverse when crushed, however, don't expect the same diversity provided by Argus in this respect.

The map is similar in design to ones such as Typhon Arena and Angel Gate with the bases placed at a perpendicular axis to one another and the resources and VPs coning out from them. The map is perfectly symmetrical design-wise and features only a couple of garrisons, which are placed in ways that mean they will have no hard impact on the game unless you set them up with a plasma cannon, and even then may well be out of reach.

From a lore standpoint, Angstrom is a forge world and munitions deposit close to the Badab sector and was the site of a pivotal engagement in the secession. You can see various ammunition crates, a couple of drop pods in holding bays as well as some more suspicious looking fluids.

Here are some pictures.

Picture link

I do think it needs some more in the way of detail, I've touched up lighting a lot but some more splats and things around would make it look overall nicer, though I do want it to run at least decently.
Swift

Re: New map: (6p) Angstrom Heights

Postby Swift » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:28 am

Done some more work, updated Vulcan Pits to be more splatty @Max Power. Hope you like it.

Album linky link

Swift

Re: New map: (6p) Angstrom Heights + Vulcan Pits update

Postby Swift » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 9:56 am

You can now download Vulcan Pits v1.1

LINKY LINK

New minimap:

TheUnicorn19
Level 0

Postby TheUnicorn19 » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 5:32 pm

How do you add new maps?

Is there a thread that has instructions to put the files or do the maps automatically get added once downloaded?
Indrid

Postby Indrid » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 9:35 pm

Put the .sga file in your Mods folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War II - Retribution\GameAssets). If the Mods folder doesn't exist, create it.
TheUnicorn19
Level 0

Postby TheUnicorn19 » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 3:52 am

Nevermind it worked.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 11:53 am

Im sry if its stupid question or not, but you can play Elite normally with ppl who dont have this maps right ???
(°ロ°)☝ and you can play this maps with ppl who have the maps too
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 9:31 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:Im sry if its stupid question or not, but you can play Elite normally with ppl who dont have this maps right ???
(°ロ°)☝ and you can play this maps with ppl who have the maps too

Yes.

Yes.
Swift

Postby Swift » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 10:36 pm

Hooray, finally a cast worthy game on one of my maps gets picked up by Indrid. Thank you!

Return to “Releases”