New ESL Reporter v1 released (updated)

Elite (and related) releases.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

New ESL Reporter v1 released (updated)

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Mon 02 Jan, 2023 12:11 am

Hey, this is your Fabricator-General speaking:

I am proud to have finally finished the new version of the ESL Reporter (Download here: https://dawnofwar.info/tools/ESLReporter_1.0.0_x64_en-US.msi).

This build is (not yet) backwards-compatible with Windows 7.

Changelog:

• 1.0.1 - Fixed faulty timestamps being sent to the server

For now it will work just like the current version you are using but in time it will collect much more meta data from the replays which will enable more in-depth analyses of replays.

If you should find anything wrong, should the tool crash, it would be really helpful if you could give me a quick heads-up either on Discord or via mail at adeptus.noobus@gmail.com. If for any reason the server should reject the replay file (warning sign) please check the details first (click on corresponding row to expand row) and scroll all the way down to see the servers response. Somebody might just have already uploaded the file :-)

P.S: Once it is installed, the tool will check if new updates are available whenever you open it (only on app start). If an update is available, just accept the dialog and the tool will auto-update. Again, if anything goes wrong either contact me or re-download the latest version and simply install over the previous/current version.
Last edited by Adeptus Noobus on Thu 05 Jan, 2023 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Re: New ESL Reporter v1 released

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Mon 02 Jan, 2023 1:42 am

<333333333333

-Kicky
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Mon 02 Jan, 2023 4:05 am

Thank you once again for your work Noobus!
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Mon 02 Jan, 2023 11:30 am

Nice!
Greets schep himself thingy
SarDauk
Level 2

Postby SarDauk » Mon 02 Jan, 2023 9:34 pm

I tried it a bit and I think there's a slight issue: on the website report of my game vs Leonus (Jarilos forge) the unit purchase recap explains that I bought Whirlwind instead of tacs and that Leonus bought a Landraider phobos in T2
"Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 04 Jan, 2023 5:41 pm

SarDauk wrote:I tried it a bit and I think there's a slight issue: on the website report of my game vs Leonus (Jarilos forge) the unit purchase recap explains that I bought Whirlwind instead of tacs and that Leonus bought a Landraider phobos in T2

That is an ongoing task. The units are not yet correctly identified for now. I will make a separate announcement when that works correctly.
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Re: New ESL Reporter v1 released (updated)

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Thu 12 Jan, 2023 11:32 pm

Also as a heads up for Atlas and Morgan (and the rest of team) for when we are collecting stats again to determine race balance. We should have the option to only count games where both players are within a certain number of ESL points of each other, to eliminate games where skill is obviously the deciding factor. So, we say something like "we'll only count games where both players are within 200 ESL points of each other" and then implement that in the codebase.

In addition, I think each player should have an ESL rating for each race, and their total rating should be an aggregate of those racial ratings. This eliminates the situation where a 2200 SM player switches to Orks (that he has little to no experience with and might be closer to 1800) and then that game going into the stat pool as if he was a 2200 Ork, which is not desired.

For a developed analytical tool, these things can be added as options. Then we change the query on the data in the code according to user input. Not sure what programming language you guys intend to use, but I can help to some degree with design and implementation (specialized in Java, C#, SQL, Python, and some experience with many other languages).

-Kickin
Last edited by Deuce Bigalow on Fri 13 Jan, 2023 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Thu 12 Jan, 2023 11:45 pm

The idea sounds great kickin but with the huge inflation of mmr we have the differences can be pretty high and its really easy for a *medium player* to get a high score and for a *amazing player* to have a bad one
Deuce Bigalow
Level 2

Postby Deuce Bigalow » Thu 12 Jan, 2023 11:48 pm

Inekura wrote:The idea sounds great kickin but with the huge inflation of mmr we have the differences can be pretty high and its really easy for a *medium player* to get a high score and for a *amazing player* to have a bad one

Yes sir, see edits I just made on the post that may help a lot in my opinion. Although it doesn't fully address every angle, it is a step.

"In addition, I think each player should have an ESL rating for each race, and their total rating should be an aggregate of those racial ratings. This eliminates the situation where a 2200 SM player switches to Orks (that he has little to no experience with and might be closer to 1800) and then that game going into the stat pool as if he was a 2200 Ork, which is not desired."

Also, to address concern @Inekura we can change the tolerance to whatever is desired. I'd recommend that the threshold is very tight though at less than or equal to 200 points.
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Fri 13 Jan, 2023 9:14 am

btw,
You didn't talk about it, but this new esl reporter seems to fix the "I just won, I can start my ESL now and it will be registered" abuse, isn't it ?
I love it.
I noticed it yesterday after my FW g1 vs toil, I forgot to turn it on, so in the end of the game, I did it, but it wasn't uploaded, when I'm 100% sure it would have been with the old version.
Am I right ?
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sat 14 Jan, 2023 9:43 am

if it is - it's good. cause it's fair and should be this way
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 14 Jan, 2023 2:51 pm

Maybe we should analyze the current implementation of the ELO updates to find out why it is so easy to artificially inflate ones score so much?

Any volunteers?
initialmink
Level 1

Postby initialmink » Sat 14 Jan, 2023 3:59 pm

GuruSkippy wrote:btw,
You didn't talk about it, but this new esl reporter seems to fix the "I just won, I can start my ESL now and it will be registered" abuse, isn't it ?
I love it.
I noticed it yesterday after my FW g1 vs toil, I forgot to turn it on, so in the end of the game, I did it, but it wasn't uploaded, when I'm 100% sure it would have been with the old version.
Am I right ?

Damn, you are really a person without shame, you have lost many games against me and I have not been able to load them with Esl Reporter because you had deactivated ESL on the Elite website. Apart from this you complain about things that are bug only in your ignorance: both players can leave open esl reporter.... if you don't open it and lose, your defeat will still be reported by the other player!
Cave canem
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Sat 14 Jan, 2023 6:18 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 14 Jan, 2023 6:38 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:Maybe we should analyze the current implementation of the ELO updates to find out why it is so easy to artificially inflate ones score so much?

Any volunteers?

Back when I 1v1'd more you could get your score up fast by beating noobs, which are most players. I tried unranking any games with noobs and only ranking with other good players but then the good players starting avoiding me as I had a low ELO due to not farming noobs. Meant that they would lose a ton of ELO for losing to me. I would also gain a lot but they caught on faster than I could rank up so I could only 1v1 noobs.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 15 Jan, 2023 2:56 pm

I love it.
Am I right ?

how come my win on jungle is not reported?
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Sun 15 Jan, 2023 3:37 pm

No idea, I didn't start my esl today.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 15 Jan, 2023 9:08 pm

Lol why SECOND game reported then? :)
i got both reps
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Mon 16 Jan, 2023 1:58 am

i've seen ESL drop plenty of games for no (given) reason. There isn't a way for us to see why it wasn't reported, that could be super helpful for debugging.
Fas est ab hoste doceri
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Mon 16 Jan, 2023 9:58 am

LOCALgHOST wrote:Lol why SECOND game reported then? :)
i got both reps

no fucking idea man.
Maybe Calderis Jungle is not in the ESL pool yet ? That's probably the reason, I don't see any game on it in the ESL.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 17 Jan, 2023 10:14 pm

I love it.
Am I right ?

You are absolutely 100% correct. I hated that :D
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 17 Jan, 2023 10:16 pm

Broodwich wrote:i've seen ESL drop plenty of games for no (given) reason. There isn't a way for us to see why it wasn't reported, that could be super helpful for debugging.

If the game was caught by the reporter and sent to the server there will be an indicator if everything went correct or not: it will either show a warning sign or a check mark.

If you see the latter, all went well. If you see the first, click on the match entry in the reporter, scroll all the way to the bottom and check the servers response. If however you see a checkmark and the game still does not show up, give me the match id and I will personally look into it.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 17 Jan, 2023 10:16 pm

GuruSkippy wrote:
i got both reps

no fucking idea man.
Maybe Calderis Jungle is not in the ESL pool yet ? That's probably the reason, I don't see any game on it in the ESL.

That may very well be the reason. I will check that one.

EDIT: It is in the pool but the names might be slightly off. Could you by any chance send me the replay file to adeptus.noobus@gmail.com so I can analyze it locally?
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Wed 18 Jan, 2023 11:40 am

Adeptus Noobus wrote:
I love it.
Am I right ?

You are absolutely 100% correct. I hated that :D

yay !!!
<3
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Wed 18 Jan, 2023 12:07 pm

GuruSkippy wrote:
i got both reps

no fucking idea man.

oh yeah

thats it. and thats sooo annoying

2 adeptus - ofc

Return to “Releases”