Patch 2.9.8.1 Released !

Elite (and related) releases.
Adila
Level 3

Patch 2.9.8.1 Released !

Postby Adila » Fri 15 Apr, 2022 9:26 pm

Preamble:
Hey guys this is a smaller patch, mostly adressing recent unit additions and fixing bugs.

Download Links:
Note: This is a full installer. You don't need any other version of Elite to install 2.9.8.1. You ONLY need to have Retribution!
Note 2: If you have army painter schemes you don't want to be wiped, find the playercfg.lua file in your Documents\My Games\dawn of war ii - retribution\Settings folder and make a copy of it so you can add it back in.

Google Drive Link
(If you have a non-default installation area of DoWII, remember to adjust it!)
Mega Link
(If you have a non-default installation area of DoWII, remember to adjust it!)

Noots OM campagin :
HEROES
- Alaric adjusted a bit. Does not start with smite.

WARGEAR
- Auto-include wargears have been nerfed slightly (stirring speech and medkit give less energy/health)

MAPS
- Hell's Gate:
+ Crashes due to bloodletter randomized spawns should be fixed unless perhaps you are extremely unlucky??
+ Has an endless mode after wave 10!
+ Ramaeus drops his corrupted weapons.
- bosses after wave 10 are procedurally generated and there should be a couple interesting new ones.

- Paradise World:
+ Noise marines with blastmasters actually spawn with blastmasters.
+ Endless mode adjusted. There *might* be a new wave since release but i can't remember.
+ People with Doom Sirens (favoured tics and noise champions), actually have a working effect.

- The Blighted Path:
+ Refestus *shouldn't* randomly cause crashes if killed around the time he does cool teleport tricks.
+ Wave 8's Imperial Guard enemies are now 90% more gribbly and blessed by the plaguefather. Wave composition adjusted.
+ Wave 10's big boss drops a corrupted wargear.
+ Has an endless mode after wave 10!
++ Protecting the Librarian over time actually yields rewards! If you want smite back, look out for it

ImageOrks

Orks:

Melee Kommandos:

Now limited to 1
Stikk Bomb Cooldown is now shared
They do see allot of play and have many tools to snipe out important stuff in the late game with heavy melee dmg from the leader, we limit them to for now and see how they perform in the near future

Gun Grots:

Speed decreased with the Gun upgrade 6 -> 5
With solid dmg and above average speed they could chace down very nicely, we reduce their speed a bit with this upgrade only.

Boyz Hut:

Unit class now has the ig bunker keyword
Unit unload time increased from 0.1 to 2
This fixes the problem of units exiting the building before they would die.

ImageImperial Guard

Imperial Guard:

Lord Commissar:

Rotation rate changed 600 -> 800

Psyker:

Basic attack range attack damage (lightning arc) dph down 60 -> 45
Foresight cost increased 100/20 -> 120/25
Foresight now increases the dph by 10. 45 -> 55 dph
Rotation rate changed 1000 -> 600

We decrease the starting dmg from the psyker and make his rotation rate similar to other units.

Stormblade:

Main cannon tracking fire arc increased from 20 to 35.

You could drive around very easely around it and avoid the weapon, the main weapon will missfire less now/cancel shots.

Stormlord:

Hold approach distance increased from 3 to 4
increases the range of units being able to enter, also should fix some weird bugs which cause the units to get stuck in the Baneblade.

ImageOrdo Malleus

Ordo Malleus:

Demon Hunter:

Tempest dps decreased 18 -> 15
Tempest will no longer deal damage to friendly units (other effects will still affect friendlies)
We want to see players using it in melee fights without screwing with your own stuff to much, we lower the dmg though to make it less cancer to deal with in general.

Operatives:
Shotgun dph lowered from 19 to 15, cooldown decreased from 1 to 0.5, reload duration increased from 0.8 to 1.5 (dps from 11.18 -> 11.11)
You could abuse infiltration and shoot with the current stats, with this little adjustment it wont be possible to abuse this anymore.

ImageSpace Marines

Space Marines:

Missile Turret:
Damage decreased 320 -> 280
The turret would
2 shots many things from the front, this little dmg decrease gives a bit more time.

ImageChaos Space Marines

Chaos Space Marines:

Chosen Plague Marines:

health per model reduced 550 -> 500 (2200 ->2000)
cpm pistol dph decreased 15 -> 12
Those guys are very tanky and are great at chasing heavy infantry down, we nerf them here a little.

Plague Champion:

Rotation rate from 1000 to 800

Heavy Bolter Turret:

Lascannon Turret range decreased 65 -> 55
same story as the Tm turret above.

Bugs & QOL:

Bugs:

Tooltips fixed
Hotkeys added for new ig units
Psyker Diviners Foresight now also grants the energy toggle
Psyker Terrifying Vision will now cancel when the Psyker loses los
Bois Hut can now be attacked by av if occupied by enemy units
mindwar sfx fixed

Maps:

New 1v1 map added: Solstice Plateau
Ashes of Typhon redux readjusted
Selenon Island fixed

Models & Visuals:

Dark Reaper fsx adjusted
Eldar Generator visuals adjusted
Stormblade visuals improved
Stormlord visuals improved
Main Menu and end of game build numbers changed to 2.9.8.1

QOL:

relic skin activated for everyone to use freely
added grots into globals in the hero select screen.
LunaticRed
Level 1

Re: Patch 2.9.8.1 Released !

Postby LunaticRed » Fri 15 Apr, 2022 9:35 pm

Thanks for the patch.

Will OM squad leaders get standardized upkeep (10.8 like all other HI faction squad leaders instead of 12.75) or nope?
Mental disorders are incurable.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 15 Apr, 2022 10:26 pm

Prefer these smaller patches as it's much easier to remember it all. Before it was so big I only payed attention to the major things.
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Sat 16 Apr, 2022 8:17 am

Nice pace of upgrades. Really appreciate it!
Greets schep himself thingy
SarDauk
Level 2

Postby SarDauk » Sat 16 Apr, 2022 12:36 pm

Thanks for the patch.

I have to say tho that I'm never a fan of limiting a unit in number especially when it's only for balance purpose (I mean, I can get why you can deploy only one hero at the time). Wasn't it possible to just nerf kommando melee variant, with a cost increase for exemple ?
For the AV turrets nerf, I agree that their damage was absolutely insane, but at the same time, you put a lot of time and money in something that can't move and can be destroyed really quickly as well.
"Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
Telos
Level 2

Postby Telos » Wed 27 Apr, 2022 8:26 am

Was the HT Bio-plasma buffs in 2.9.7 reverted? Seems to be pretty crappy at anti-garrison again
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Wed 27 Apr, 2022 5:18 pm

SarDauk wrote:Thanks for the patch.

I have to say tho that I'm never a fan of limiting a unit in number especially when it's only for balance purpose (I mean, I can get why you can deploy only one hero at the time). Wasn't it possible to just nerf kommando melee variant, with a cost increase for exemple ?
For the AV turrets nerf, I agree that their damage was absolutely insane, but at the same time, you put a lot of time and money in something that can't move and can be destroyed really quickly as well.

You can't have a powerful unit/ability if you do this because you could just spam the unit and its affect would be multiplied. It's why in DoW 3 grenades were for disruption only and did no damage.

Return to “Releases”