Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Elite (and related) releases.
crog
Level 2
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon 05 Dec, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby crog » Mon 18 Nov, 2019 8:54 pm

Finally 3 heros for OM.
Nids and ig abuse nerfed.
Great job guys.
SOLID SQUIG
Level 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed 20 Mar, 2019 7:32 pm

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby SOLID SQUIG » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 2:09 am

So can we officially release this patch yet?

been hoping for it to pop up on the main page for a while now
User avatar
Torpid
Moderator
Posts: 3434
Joined: Sat 01 Jun, 2013 12:09 pm
Location: England, Leeds

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby Torpid » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 4:43 am

SOLID SQUIG wrote:So can we officially release this patch yet?

been hoping for it to pop up on the main page for a while now


Not even close, heroes don't have their final designs yet. Once they get their final designs they will need extensive balance testing.

This log was released to tell you gusy what we've been doing with all of time since 2.9.2 to 2.9.3 so you know we haven't just abandoned y'all and why the patch is taking so long!

We didn't want to announce such a thing so early but there was a lot of pressure to mention why we were taking so long!
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
User avatar
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:25 am

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 7:51 am

First of all, thank you for everything you have ever done so far.

The only thing that I would disagree about Chaos changes would be about Bloodchrusher. This is a weak shock unit remember? It should be way cheaper and way faster to produce. Increasing the power cost just ruins everything about the timing of it. Getting it out ever a few seconds late can ruin the impact it can have.

And about the Tyrant Guard global. Spending 175 red just to get this thing faster? That doesn't justify well enough the prize decrease of 50 req and 10 power. Current global is just perfect, why even bother to change it?
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
User avatar
Batpimp
Level 4
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed 10 Jul, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby Batpimp » Wed 20 Nov, 2019 6:58 pm

Asmon wrote:About MS: melee heroes starts at 70MS then gain +1MS per level at first, then +2MS thrice to reach 82MS at level 10. It's mostly the same thing for range heroes except they start at 60MS, and then a few range heroes can equip melee weapon that set their default MS to 70 at level 1. But I guess a few heroes (like WB) only gain +1MS every level. Since the scaling was not the same for everyone (and maybe because he thought 82MS was too high?) Adila decided to normalize it: heroes gain +1MS per level now.

Predators (and tanks in general) need to have a very high MS so units don't proc specials against them, which are often less effective (and can even imply a miss if the pred is moving). Obviously this cannot be applied to walkers for with a high MS they would murder even more enemy infantry, but it's good for every tank around. Besides I thought we had already made this change a few patches ago.

Since we're talking about MS, Adila did you make sure WSE's MS scaling was good to go?

About the patch:

I have mixed feeling about the new GK heroes. Most of their wargears look from very good (except maybe the chemical nades?) to incredibly OP, on a race which already relies on OP units to survive and is rightfully hated for it. Still I suppose this might help the mod regain some attention, attract some more players and in the end have a positive impact on the balance. We'll see.

I noticed it is apparently possible to have a channelling ability ignore the range condition after it has been cast!? Well if you could grant this thing to channelling runes and mind war (and maybe others? not hotw because it's a very short channel) it would certainly help to solve some buggy behaviours.

The Shieldbash ability is mentionned twice with different values. Force Glaive and Null Rod haven't got dps values.

MWB nerf is way too much. The two hits on the special are needed because it's a very long animation (and second hit doesn't track). If you want to remove the second hit you need to speed up the animation. But I think the animation is great as it is now. So keep the two hits and maybe slightly reduce the damage? Then I think you only take the second hit if you don't micro your units... so the damage reduction you propose seems too much, not to mention the damage type. The range attack has already been nerfed, as boss said multiple times now it's a 35 power weapon. So leave it be or reduce the cost.

Immolator was good and is better now, but not 30-power-good. Up the req cost if you want. Eldar is already power starved in the few match-ups where it is really needed (like vs IG).

You went with your idea for the WS change, we'll try it out.

Bloodcrusher might need a higher energy cost for its abilities.

No change to IG heroes abilities? The obvious nerf should be for bionic eye, but I feel a few wargear need to be looked at.

Sentinel without detection is okay, but ambushes will be difficult to set up (even impossible for some heroes).

Will comment more when the website is more stable.


if you are going to buff the MWB attack speed for specials do this for all of the warboss specials as well. most of the time they are dodged or missed. Whats with the warlock casting a special on retreat as well. can you check this is not coincidence? happens more times than not.

otherwise continue to with the MWB nerf..that thing is already amazing in every way.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 3
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue 02 Feb, 2016 5:12 am

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Thu 21 Nov, 2019 2:41 am

Batpimp wrote:
Asmon wrote:About MS: melee heroes starts at 70MS then gain +1MS per level at first, then +2MS thrice to reach 82MS at level 10. It's mostly the same thing for range heroes except they start at 60MS, and then a few range heroes can equip melee weapon that set their default MS to 70 at level 1. But I guess a few heroes (like WB) only gain +1MS every level. Since the scaling was not the same for everyone (and maybe because he thought 82MS was too high?) Adila decided to normalize it: heroes gain +1MS per level now.

Predators (and tanks in general) need to have a very high MS so units don't proc specials against them, which are often less effective (and can even imply a miss if the pred is moving). Obviously this cannot be applied to walkers for with a high MS they would murder even more enemy infantry, but it's good for every tank around. Besides I thought we had already made this change a few patches ago.

Since we're talking about MS, Adila did you make sure WSE's MS scaling was good to go?

About the patch:

I have mixed feeling about the new GK heroes. Most of their wargears look from very good (except maybe the chemical nades?) to incredibly OP, on a race which already relies on OP units to survive and is rightfully hated for it. Still I suppose this might help the mod regain some attention, attract some more players and in the end have a positive impact on the balance. We'll see.

I noticed it is apparently possible to have a channelling ability ignore the range condition after it has been cast!? Well if you could grant this thing to channelling runes and mind war (and maybe others? not hotw because it's a very short channel) it would certainly help to solve some buggy behaviours.

The Shieldbash ability is mentionned twice with different values. Force Glaive and Null Rod haven't got dps values.

MWB nerf is way too much. The two hits on the special are needed because it's a very long animation (and second hit doesn't track). If you want to remove the second hit you need to speed up the animation. But I think the animation is great as it is now. So keep the two hits and maybe slightly reduce the damage? Then I think you only take the second hit if you don't micro your units... so the damage reduction you propose seems too much, not to mention the damage type. The range attack has already been nerfed, as boss said multiple times now it's a 35 power weapon. So leave it be or reduce the cost.

Immolator was good and is better now, but not 30-power-good. Up the req cost if you want. Eldar is already power starved in the few match-ups where it is really needed (like vs IG).

You went with your idea for the WS change, we'll try it out.

Bloodcrusher might need a higher energy cost for its abilities.

No change to IG heroes abilities? The obvious nerf should be for bionic eye, but I feel a few wargear need to be looked at.

Sentinel without detection is okay, but ambushes will be difficult to set up (even impossible for some heroes).

Will comment more when the website is more stable.


if you are going to buff the MWB attack speed for specials do this for all of the warboss specials as well. most of the time they are dodged or missed. Whats with the warlock casting a special on retreat as well. can you check this is not coincidence? happens more times than not.

otherwise continue to with the MWB nerf..that thing is already amazing in every way.



If a unit is moving its melee skill goes down by 2. Higher chance of specials.
User avatar
Batpimp
Level 4
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed 10 Jul, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Patch 2.9.3 Change log Preview

Postby Batpimp » Sat 30 Nov, 2019 10:33 pm

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:
Batpimp wrote:
Asmon wrote:About MS: melee heroes starts at 70MS then gain +1MS per level at first, then +2MS thrice to reach 82MS at level 10. It's mostly the same thing for range heroes except they start at 60MS, and then a few range heroes can equip melee weapon that set their default MS to 70 at level 1. But I guess a few heroes (like WB) only gain +1MS every level. Since the scaling was not the same for everyone (and maybe because he thought 82MS was too high?) Adila decided to normalize it: heroes gain +1MS per level now.

Predators (and tanks in general) need to have a very high MS so units don't proc specials against them, which are often less effective (and can even imply a miss if the pred is moving). Obviously this cannot be applied to walkers for with a high MS they would murder even more enemy infantry, but it's good for every tank around. Besides I thought we had already made this change a few patches ago.

Since we're talking about MS, Adila did you make sure WSE's MS scaling was good to go?

About the patch:

I have mixed feeling about the new GK heroes. Most of their wargears look from very good (except maybe the chemical nades?) to incredibly OP, on a race which already relies on OP units to survive and is rightfully hated for it. Still I suppose this might help the mod regain some attention, attract some more players and in the end have a positive impact on the balance. We'll see.

I noticed it is apparently possible to have a channelling ability ignore the range condition after it has been cast!? Well if you could grant this thing to channelling runes and mind war (and maybe others? not hotw because it's a very short channel) it would certainly help to solve some buggy behaviours.

The Shieldbash ability is mentionned twice with different values. Force Glaive and Null Rod haven't got dps values.

MWB nerf is way too much. The two hits on the special are needed because it's a very long animation (and second hit doesn't track). If you want to remove the second hit you need to speed up the animation. But I think the animation is great as it is now. So keep the two hits and maybe slightly reduce the damage? Then I think you only take the second hit if you don't micro your units... so the damage reduction you propose seems too much, not to mention the damage type. The range attack has already been nerfed, as boss said multiple times now it's a 35 power weapon. So leave it be or reduce the cost.

Immolator was good and is better now, but not 30-power-good. Up the req cost if you want. Eldar is already power starved in the few match-ups where it is really needed (like vs IG).

You went with your idea for the WS change, we'll try it out.

Bloodcrusher might need a higher energy cost for its abilities.

No change to IG heroes abilities? The obvious nerf should be for bionic eye, but I feel a few wargear need to be looked at.

Sentinel without detection is okay, but ambushes will be difficult to set up (even impossible for some heroes).

Will comment more when the website is more stable.


if you are going to buff the MWB attack speed for specials do this for all of the warboss specials as well. most of the time they are dodged or missed. Whats with the warlock casting a special on retreat as well. can you check this is not coincidence? happens more times than not.

otherwise continue to with the MWB nerf..that thing is already amazing in every way.



If a unit is moving its melee skill goes down by 2. Higher chance of specials.



i know my comment is on the occurence of it happening almost exactly as when you press retreat. If you play sorc or warlock you know what im talking about. the moment you retreat you 50% of the time get a special.

also if anyone needs its special proccing or speed of the animation sped up, it's the warboss with default weapon. its literally useless. the apoth and warpspider have better specials.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718

Return to “Releases”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests