Useful replay files for basic and advance game-play analysis

Casted matches and replay files for Elite.
Castle
Level 2

Useful replay files for basic and advance game-play analysis

Postby Castle » Thu 26 Sep, 2013 3:04 am

So I am posting this thread here for newbs, noobs and nubs who may be looking for tips and/or advanced competitive game analysis.

I make no claim to greatness with my DOW2 competitive skills these days. However, I have learned a thing or two in the 1,200 hours of competitive play I have under my belt.

You will only learn so much from listening to other players tell you what do, or even watching various casting of replays on youtube. Watching replay files in the game--your own or others--allows you to pause, re-watch, slow down and otherwise analyze play very effectively. Aside from playing and practicing a lot on your own, watching replay files is the next step to really improving your DOW2 competitive multiplayer skills.

For now I have included lengthy text descriptions in the comments section of the threads over on GameReplays.org, to assist those seeking to learn. In time I plan to video cast these files, and when I do I will update these resources accordingly.

Elite Mod is currently in 2.2 beta 4 and regularly updates every so many months, so I am posting mostly files that are 1v1 and from retail (v3.19.1) Retribution. This way players can count on being able to view these files from the retail exe, instead of having to install an old version of the mod or whatever.

Instructions for placing and viewing replay files

*Place these files in your Documents folder here:

C:\Documents\My Games\dawn of war ii - retribution\playback

-Then start either Elite Mod or retail version of the game, as indicated by the file details on the thread at GameReplays.org

-Go to Game History from Main Menu, select according replay, press play

Enjoy!

More soon...

Return to “Replays”