My attempt at casting replays

Casted matches and replay files for Elite.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

My attempt at casting replays

Postby BbBoS » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 2:02 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but there was another thread earlier on about casting so I figure this is the right place.

So while I got time off I thought I would cast some replays so that I can improve casting skill in general. Thought I would have a go at it and see what you guys thought, if you like it and want more or if you dislike and want me to stop. So today I made a YouTube account and casted 3 3v3's that I found on Gamereplays.

First cast
Second cast
Third cast

I definitely made some mistakes while casting, like stumbling on things to say and missing some action. Hopefully over time I will improve on these and become a better caster though, hopefully this is ok quality for a first attempt. I also don't know how to video edit other than basics so may be a while before I get myself a proper intro to the casts or figure out a way to do other things :P

Add some replays to gamereplays.org and I will try and cast them since I had fun making these and let me know any feedback.
egewithin
Level 5

Re: My attempt at casting replays

Postby egewithin » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:09 am

- Your voice is too low. I can bearly hear you from fire fights.

- Talking too fast and too low make it impossible to understand what you are saying.

- No, new colours for unit table is useless and takes too much attention because it shines. But a nice idea in mind, I can show respect to it.

- No intro for heroes? Just keep it short. Or, keep into untill fights begin, otherwise you won't find out something to say untill fighting starts. I mean don't make it take too long like Maestro or too shot like Rupeeeeee.

That is it for now. I am following your account now to see what you will do next.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 12:59 pm

Currently watching the first one, and I think that the speed you talk at is fine, but for non-native speakers they may not be able to undertsnad as your voice is much too low. I know it's your style, so up the mic volume.

Loving the overlay it's really nice, maybe you might want to vary it up depending on the faction at some point? You know, just a small faction decal or pattern of a darker shade of red or blue.

And every caster misses things. I've wanted to cast this game for ages now but I've not had the computer, internet or isolation needed for it. The biggest issue you face is a small number of replays and Indrid/Maestro monopolising the replay pool. If you casted CoH 2 I could send you some though ;)

I have no issue with no hero intros, but if you're nto going to introduce them you need to talk about he matchup/map strats etc.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 4:59 pm

Your voice seems a bit silent compared to the in game sounds, you might want to tweak those values.
When there is no fighting I can understand you just fine though.
Dull down the colours maybe, they do look out of place.
Intro for the heroes is definitely not needed, I much prefer some talk about the capping orders/builds/etc.

Only watched video 1.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 7:40 pm

I got sent a replay and tried again. This time I focused on trying to talk a bit slower and also tweaked the game sounds so that I am hopefully louder. Hopefully this one is a bit better.

https://youtu.be/a_3Sit500V0

As for the overlay I will try and make it less shiny and make it blend in a bit better or something.

Also as for quality, more I do, better I get hopefully. After another 10 or 20 casts there should be a bit of a noticeable difference :P
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 8:58 pm

The sound is better in this video. And become even better I belive.

But your saying are like '' I wish it ends soon so I can go home '' you know, you don't have the fun that we are looknig for. Talk that you are having fun, forget that blue and red colours and it is done. Good job, keep doing it.
Swift

Postby Swift » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:44 pm

No no, I like the contrast the overlay provides it looks nice! Make the game more colourful please please! Riku is just a naysayer.

[EDIT]: Don't tell us who submitted the replay, most of the time the winner will submit it so it often gives it away.

And if you can, try not to sound so bored by the game, inject some life into this!
I'm very hard to please.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Tue 11 Aug, 2015 11:53 pm

I have got a bit of a monotone voice so I will try and work on sounding like I am having fun. I am actually having fun when casting but my voice does make it sound like I am bored :P

I will in the future as well not say who posted the replay as well and maybe say it at the end of the game instead?

For now with the overlay, it will stay, I will improve it when I do have some time but there will be an overlay regardless because I feel like it gives it a more personal touch. Although if enough people do hate on it then I would remove it :P
DarthMoose
Level 1

Postby DarthMoose » Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:59 pm

I will always endorse more DoW2 tv. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged by naysayers.
SinisterLaugh
Level 2

Postby SinisterLaugh » Thu 13 Aug, 2015 10:33 pm

Thank you for your efforts! It`s great to have another caster, and you definitely will improve with more casts. Overlay seems fine and it's good to have something unique in videos.

You've casted only 3v3s for now, so I wanna ask - are you planning to make 1v1 or 2v2 casts? I understand that 3v3s are more "epic", but to my mind different strategies and pro moves in 1v1 are as interesting as flashy late game brawl of 3v3s.
When life gives you Lemans...
BbBoS
Shoutcaster

Postby BbBoS » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 12:36 am

I will cast other games, 1v1's and 2v2's. I just chose 3v3's for now because they are quite action packed, I've seen Forest upload some replays to gamereplays.org so I will have a look there and maybe do some of those. I will be making some videos tomorrow, 1 of them is a 3v3 but I will throw some 1v1's in there too!

Just also checked it out and there is a FFA which I might give a cast as well just to be different
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 2:56 am

I'd honestly say to start at 1v1s just because action is a lot more focused and easy to keep track of. 3v3s start to turn into giant barfights by midgame so it gets hard to say anything significant besides "that's a lot of people exploding at once".
Fallowfield
Level 1

Postby Fallowfield » Fri 14 Aug, 2015 4:49 am

Atlas wrote:I'd honestly say to start at 1v1s

BT 6 soon, you'll be inundated with 1v1 replays mate :) Can't guarantee quality however (speaking for myself here) :D

And thanks for the extra casts :) You're filling a very big gap at the moment with Rupee and Maestro Cretella seemingly on hiatus. My viewing desires are soothed once more!

Also: thought about adding a bit of music in the background maybe?

Return to “Replays”