The Codex WIP

Topics related to the website/forum.
Phoenix

Re: The Codex WIP

Postby Phoenix » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 10:36 am

In the FC's wargear section the thunderhammer still does splash damage.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 10:46 am

Phoenix wrote:In the FC's wargear section the thunderhammer still does splash damage.

Fixed.

Metron wrote:One thing that coild be more clear is what wargear is connected to what weapons. I know that entangling webs used to increase the WSE dps and assume that it still does. Hovewer there are no indicators that these are connected.

Agreed. I'll see what I can do about that.
Metron
Level 1

Postby Metron » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 4:09 pm

Another example is the Lord General were it would be useful to see what weapons that go with which of his retinue. So you can tell how much his dps is increased with different members.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 4:19 pm

I know, I meant for all of the units and their upgrades, not just the WSE.

Edit: I changed the Force Commander's page to look something like what it could be. Let me know what you think. Anyone feel free to comment, of course.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:45 pm

Hmmm... According to da Codex Kasrkin have the same upkeep per model as Guardsmen. I find that highly unlikely. If it is true I suppose it is a balance issue.

Also Flash Git Blastas don't have a name on the frashy gitto weapons tab.
#noobcodex
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:58 pm

Nurland wrote:Hmmm... According to da Codex Kasrkin have the same upkeep per model as Guardsmen. I find that highly unlikely. If it is true I suppose it is a balance issue.

'Tis true

Nurland wrote:Also Flash Git Blastas don't have a name on the frashy gitto weapons tab.

Noted
Metron
Level 1

Postby Metron » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 10:06 pm

I changed the Force Commander's page to look something like what it could be. Let me know what you think. Anyone feel free to comment, of course.

Nice, thats alot clearer :D
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Tue 25 Mar, 2014 11:51 pm

Added Weapon Families link to the bottom of the Codex main page.

Also finished most of the stats, leveling, and cost tabs for Orks and Eldar (not yet for Avatar, Battlewagon, Warp Spiders, Weirdboy).
Belutima
Level 1

Postby Belutima » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 7:53 pm

He guys don't know if it's possible, but can the units, and the the weapons, armours they unlock be sorted in Tiers, instead of alphabetical?
Would make it easier for people who haven't played a particular race to know what order it takes place in.
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:58 am

Got a question concerning the commissar's global loyal to the end:

It says it inspires squads in a radius of 5. Does this inspiration "stay" at its place or can inspired squads move out out of the radius and still benefit from the effect?

Edit: Furthermore in the LC's upgrade section it is said that the Bionic Eye grants a heal and a Speed increase (no numbers here :| ) to the remaining squad members. The ability in the abilities section though does not mention anything about that.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 27 Mar, 2014 3:06 pm

Phoenix wrote:Got a question concerning the commissar's global loyal to the end:

It says it inspires squads in a radius of 5. Does this inspiration "stay" at its place or can inspired squads move out out of the radius and still benefit from the effect?

It stays with the squads that are targeted. I added "targeted" to the description.

Phoenix wrote:Edit: Furthermore in the LC's upgrade section it is said that the Bionic Eye grants a heal and a Speed increase (no numbers here :| ) to the remaining squad members. The ability in the abilities section though does not mention anything about that.

Not sure where that description came from...Fixed it though. Thanks.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:04 pm

when going to the codex:

codex->tyranids->lictor alpha->weapons

1. it shows 3 versions of "scything talons"
2. also the weapons values are the same. Is that correct?

when you click on his wargear:

codex->tyranids->lictor alpha-> wargear

the weapons are represented correctly. Though, is the dmg on the corrosive devourer 30% or 20%? over 5 seconds

sorry if I mention all this and you haven't really started working on tyranids.
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:19 pm

Gorilla wrote:sorry if I mention all this and you haven't really started working on tyranids.

Everything that isn't a building is open to inspection :)

Gorilla wrote:when going to the codex:

It is correct. They just have different damage types and on hit effects. And they all lead to different weapon pages.

Gorilla wrote:Though, is the dmg on the corrosive devourer 30% or 20%? over 5 seconds

It is 20%, good eye. Fixed it, thanks.
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Thu 27 Mar, 2014 10:31 pm

Gorilla wrote:when going to the codex:

It is correct. They just have different damage types and on hit effects. And they all lead to different weapon pages.[/quote]

So when I look at this page

the 3rd 4th and 5th image show the different weapons. and diff dmg values etc.

Yet it does not show their actual names. in each the title reads "Scything Talons and Rending Claws" instead of the actual names, such as toxic miasma, corrosive devourer. You are correct that it leads you to the right dmg graph. Is that correct the way it is?

thanks for the quick response!
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 28 Mar, 2014 1:29 am

That's how it's marked in the database, I can't change the name on there. Technically, it isn't correct. Except for the third one.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 28 Mar, 2014 5:23 am

Those are the internal names, picked from the game. Might use the filename or change it otherwise, idk.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:54 pm

Updated the OP. Fixed the leveling tabs for the Weirdboy, Avatar, Baneblade, Landraiders, Battlewagon, and Swarmlord. Also added upgrade/unit ownership to all of the weapons in weapons tabs, like I did for the FC earlier. Also updated a bunch of cost tabs that weren't up to date, including the Landraiders.

Belutima wrote:He guys don't know if it's possible, but can the units, and the the weapons, armours they unlock be sorted in Tiers, instead of alphabetical?
Would make it easier for people who haven't played a particular race to know what order it takes place in.

I'll try to label them somehow. Might not be soon, I have finals coming up and three essays to write :cry:
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 8:59 am

Apo has 600 hp right out the Gate, not 625.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Mon 31 Mar, 2014 2:19 pm

Fixed.

Also forgot to mention that a lot of the squad leader stats have been added.
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 4:15 pm

Under the WSE weapon tab, there are no names for his ranged weapons so you can't click on them and get the bar charts, range, burst duration and all that good stuff.
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 4:30 pm

Arbit wrote:Under the WSE weapon tab, there are no names for his ranged weapons so you can't click on them and get the bar charts, range, burst duration and all that good stuff.

Yeah, I think I mentioned it somewhere in here, and Lulgrim made a post that related to it as well. It's not a manual thing. They're still on the weapons page, you just have to find then manually for now. I can give you the names when I get back to my computer if you want.

Edit: Here are the pages if you're interested:

Default weapons : http://www.dawnofwar.info/elite/weapon. ... athspinner

Heavy Gauge: http://www.dawnofwar.info/elite/weapon. ... nner_heavy

Entangling Web: http://www.dawnofwar.info/elite/weapon. ... r_entangle

Powerblades: Same as default
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 1:02 am

Warp Spider Squad all fixed up.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 5:09 pm

All buildings are up. No cost and stats tabs for now.
Barrogh
Level 3

Postby Barrogh » Mon 07 Apr, 2014 5:27 am

Waybe that was mentioned already, but it's kind of messy to keep up with the thread that gets 20 pages per week, so...

Anyways, KNob's page could use some attention, namely there's some enigmatic "trippa shot" ability there under abilities tab, plus Sneaky Infiltrashun Kit's description is old, needs updating.

I'll post here if I find anything.
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your hands and shout
lolzarz
Level 3

Postby lolzarz » Tue 08 Apr, 2014 2:52 pm

Information on the Mark of Khorne Chaos Dreadnought's installed combi-bolter is missing. Would like info on it. Thanks.
WEE AR DA SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE AR DA EMPRAH'S FUREH!
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 12:18 am

Windu, I'm pretty sure that Purifiers have 200 courage instead of 100, because they are not suppressed nearly as quickly as other infantry are.

It might have been removed, but I'm unsure.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 12:38 am

lolzarz wrote:Information on the Mark of Khorne Chaos Dreadnought's installed combi-bolter is missing. Would like info on it. Thanks.

I'll get to it on Friday.

Radio the Forest wrote:Windu, I'm pretty sure that Purifiers have 200 courage instead of 100, because they are not suppressed nearly as quickly as other infantry are.

It might have been removed, but I'm unsure.

They do, I'll fix it on Friday. Thanks
Swift

Postby Swift » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 6:48 pm

How very dedicated of you. I found that the Purgatus ability states that around the termination of the ring the enemy unit takes 170. I know that you mean damage, but what kind of damage.

http://www.dawnofwar.info/index.php?pag ... inquisitor

Also, could it be possible to have a codex directory on all of the terms and how they work, like courage, DPS, damage types and so on. I knwo what most do, but it would be useful if everyone had clarification. And yes, it is more work. Sorry.

Also, the Baneblade has health regen? I did not know that.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
Wise Windu

Postby Wise Windu » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 6:57 pm

Swiftsabre wrote:I found that the Purgatus ability states that around the termination of the ring the enemy unit takes 170. I know that you mean damage, but what kind of damage.

Oops :) Sure, I'll add it.

Swiftsabre wrote:Also, could it be possible to have a codex directory on all of the terms and how they work, like courage, DPS, damage types and so on. I knwo what most do, but it would be useful if everyone had clarification.

That shouldn't be a problem. I guess I can add a "statistical glossary" or something to the main Codex page under the regular glossary. The numbers on the weapons pages show what the damage types do, but I guess unless you know how that works, it doesn't really help.

I'll get to it at some point tomorrow or over the weekend.
Barrogh
Level 3

Postby Barrogh » Fri 11 Apr, 2014 6:59 am

I've noticed something in Chaos Predator upgrades descriptions I think.

Wording implies that Mark of Khorne increases all damage done by 75% whereas it's only sponson bolters that get buffed that much. Autocanon's damage only increases by like 25%, and numbers correctly(?) indicate that. Unless you open weapons tab, where Khorne's autocanon's DPS is listed as being lower than vanilla Pred has.

This may be due to the fact that those numbers are listed before blanket +75% bonus that actually covers all 3 guns and autocanon's base damage just gets nerfed in order to keep it sane, but I believe that internal workings of the game are not the point of wiki. I suggest to aim it for "rank-and-file" player usage and provide section for advanced notes for modders/whatnot.

Another thing is that description of Mark of Nurgle suggests that tank has damaging aura (which I'm not sure if true), but there's no mentioning of MoN's +5 hp/sec regeneration.

I'm farily sure that in-game tooltips are correct though, unless that MoNPred's aura actually exists (I don't think I've seen that in tooltip).

On a side note, what do you think on replacing 0,1 sec regen values with +X hp/sec in in-game tooltips everywhere? The way it is now it's fairly counter-intuitive for newcomers (yes, they do exist still).
When in mortal danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your hands and shout

Return to “Dawn of War Codex”