F**king Bots

Topics related to the website/forum.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

F**king Bots

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 11:17 am

Is there no way to lock bots out? They make looking for new relevant posts very tedious.
Swift

Re: F**king Bots

Postby Swift » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 3:02 pm

They're getting more entertaining though, I got this PM today:

what about oral sex you tell me to Cuny and I'll give you a

We are glad to see you in our midst I want to cum in my pussy then fuck me my nickname (Isena07) (then some shady link about enhancement methods)
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 4:26 pm

Hey sexy, how about this!

Well I guess it would be down to registration? I can't remember what the process is, is there catcha? if that's it's proper name.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 6:05 pm

It's probably a person spamming the forums for some reason. Bots usually don't send pm's and the advertisements are always in one language, while these are in both English and Russian. Could be multiple bots but why would they target this small site? In terms of banning IP's, it's simple if it's the same address, but it's not so simple if it changes after each ban. An IP range ban might work but could affect innocent people. Usually doing the range ban and then taking it off in a few weeks works. Or it couldn't.

For registration there's email verification and you can also set it to manual verification where a person has to verify you.

You can also set it so their posts are automatically invisible until verified by a staff member. Once you're sure they're not a bot you can take off that restriction and they can post normally. Probably the best solution.

Just some stuff I learned from my GR days or from other forums.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 6:18 pm

I knew I saw your name somewhere Kami! :D But yea that's probably the best idea

Return to “Dawn of War Codex”