Inspire Courage Issue

Topics related to the website/forum.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Inspire Courage Issue

Postby Oddnerd » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 3:07 am

Hey all. So in General Discussion I posted a question about the commissars inspire courage after the carapace armour upgrade. People explained to me that with that upgrade your target no longer gets suppression immunity and break, so I thought I had my issue cleared up. However, when I used a non-upgraded inspire courage in a game yesterday, I found that my target GM squad still was not immune to suppression. The codex entry states that the target squad has suppression broken, and becomes immune for 15 seconds. This was something I was paying close attention to, and I clearly saw after I executed a man in my GM squad that they did not have their suppression broken and continued to sit around uselessly.

Is this a bug or just an incorrect codex entry?
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Inspire Courage Issue

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 8:29 am

The site is undergoing work and I can't access the Codex atm to check anything.
All that the Inspire Courage (default ability does) is increase the damage of the targeted squad by 100% and stops retreat.
The Carapase armor makes it cost less energy and makes the cooldown shorter while making the LC suppression immune (and giving him a damage boost?)
If you want to make your squad immune to suppression you need the Bionic Eye instead.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 5:28 pm

Here is a fresh screenshot.

EDIT - Im thinking all the memories I have of inspire courage breaking suppression are from when I always bought the bionic eye.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 8:21 pm

My guess would be that being a description bug ingame then.

Return to “Dawn of War Codex”