Orks need A.V. Snare- Tankbustas (Badly)

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Element
Level 3

Orks need A.V. Snare- Tankbustas (Badly)

Postby Element » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 2:51 am

Seriously, what is the point of being a balanced mod if one simple fix after ten years has yet to be introduced for this faction to a.v. Every other faction in the game, even (Tyranids) has an A.V. snare, most factions even have (2!), one has 3, and we all saw what a big difference that made to them. It's rediculous, this faction has no a.v. snare, one shouldn't have to rely on always buying a tankbusta squad and wartrukk to attempt to chase down a vehicle, because you don't always want a wartrukk. if that is the case, tankbustas are obviously underperforming at their role because they are solely dependent on another unit to function. just give them a snare. And before. oh you cant do that, they are already a.v I'd say so are stormtroopers and they even have the ability to infiltrate so shut up. I'm just tired of being in winning positions a transport comes out on the field and gg because despite having a.v. (bustas trukks lootas) anyone with 2 brain cells ccan just walk out of the engagement because, why not. given no a.v. snare, the beamy deff gun wind up is too long, and before you also say use stickkbombas, that is insulting, the snare is on the wrong unit.

Tyranids-1 snare
Gk- 3 snares?, Commander+ Melta Operatives(Infiltrated)+ conversion beamer
Eldar-2 snares(global nuke grants a snare)+ Warpspiders
Chaos- 3 Snares, L.C. + P.M. M.L. Raptors (as noted by Gordian) + Tracking A.V. from Tzeentch Dread??
SM- 3? Snares, melta, + l.c., + Power Fist
IG- 2 Snares, l.c. + melta stormtroopers
0rks- 0?!?!
Last edited by Element on Sat 17 Jul, 2021 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Orks need A.V. Snare- Tankbustas (Badly)

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 9:55 am

Not the best way to get your point across. You probably won't get any counter analysis in return.

Here is my short version.

Ork AV performs just fine.
Lootas burst is crazy good and they can infiltrate.
Bustas will be able to zone out vehicles and the barrage has multiple uses besides also doing massive AV damage.
The race has enough heavy melee.
You can't just disregard the stun on Stikkbommaz just because you want to.
You are also forgetting mekboy mines. And Mega-Rumblah if you really want to include everything.
All Ork heroes also have AV options. Granted the KN is in T3 but what a crazy good AV option it is.
Teleporting mekboy with beamy is also something to fear.

Tyranids AV snare got reworked because it was way too good on zoans. Easy long range AV snare with no setup needed.
Now the Warriors at least have to get in close. Don't forget about rippers :)

If you are tired of losing while in a winning position just because your opponent gets out a transport then I suggest you learn how to play.
No Ork should lose while already being in a leading position just because of a transport. That claim is just ludicrous.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 11:48 am

Why such indirect play to do what other squads can do directly? you're argument lacks potency
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 4:13 pm

fathom i can sell you ork lessons for 30 buck per hour if you really want it this bad
Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Fri 16 Jul, 2021 9:32 pm

you forgot about chaos' 3rd snare, raptor melta bomb ya silly billy :)
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! ONCE THE GALAXY BURNS, WE WILL DEFINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 12:16 am

Element wrote:Why such indirect play to do what other squads can do directly? you're argument lacks potency

There are different ways of doing the same thing. It's a trick developers do to make things feel varied and unique.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 12:31 am

Unique is one thing, Varied and obviously lacking the similiar potential is another

"Because I choose to."

Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 8:30 am

I think in your case saying git gud is more than enough. If you wish to improve then get rid of that mental blockade which says that orks are underpowered but everything else is broken and unfair. Orks are in a very good spot atm.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! ONCE THE GALAXY BURNS, WE WILL DEFINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 9:35 am

Dark Riku wrote:

And mekboy mines snare too

mekboy is dat fukkkin vechicle hell - faster ork vechicles, teleporting beamy, mines, damage buff on bustas/lootas - just impossible to win with vechicles.

also loota firing arc is wider and they are infiltrated - why do u ever need a snare?

also speakin in comparison =- ork got 3 invisible and 1 teleporting AV units. Why we never upgrade lascannon to invis? :)
Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 2:14 pm

LOCALgHOST wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:

mekboy is dat fukkkin vechicle hell - faster ork vechicles, teleporting beamy, mines, damage buff on bustas/lootas - just impossible to win with vechicles.

also loota firing arc is wider and they are infiltrated - why do u ever need a snare?

also speakin in comparison =- ork got 3 invisible and 1 teleporting AV units. Why we never upgrade lascannon to invis? :)

Yup, mek snares. Stikkbombs stun works like a snare, so yea. Orks do have snares.
shipy00
Level 1

Postby shipy00 » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 2:51 pm

Gordian Vorenthul wrote:
LOCALgHOST wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:

Yup, mek snares. Stikkbombs stun works like a snare, so yea. Orks do have snares.

gordian you silly bastard, stikkbombs snare is useless since i said so!
Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 7:47 pm

shipy00 wrote:
Gordian Vorenthul wrote:
LOCALgHOST wrote:

gordian you silly bastard, stikkbombs snare is useless since i said so!

Ya, right. I forgot if someone says that something is useless, then it means it's useless. BUFF CHAOS IT IZ SO WEEK!
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sat 17 Jul, 2021 11:24 pm

Dark riku pretty much covers why orks are fine for av, of all the things you could complain about for orks and you pick there av idk what to say.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
daddy E
Level 1

Postby daddy E » Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:17 pm

PianoMan wrote:fathom i can sell you ork lessons for 30 buck per hour if you really want it this bad

do i get a disscount? for the good ol sc days

Return to “Balance Discussion”