Slight rework for orks discussion

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
shipy00
Level 1

Slight rework for orks discussion

Postby shipy00 » Thu 08 Jul, 2021 8:47 pm

Since I feel that orks are a bit underpowered in 1v1, I felt like i needed to voice my opinion on changes I would make if the balance team decided that they need a little rework, which i think they do. I have made a list of changes, constructive critisism only.

1.Kommando Nob is underpowered, mostly because of his weak survivabilty and lack of t2 AV, which is why i think betta kombat kit should stay the same but have an ability, Git Sauce - gives 100hp and 25hp regen for 5 seconds.
He is the only ork commander with no t2 AV, so I say he should have his rocket laucher in t2.
2.Mekboy turrets seem underwhelming, so I think they should function like a proper turret (techmarine turret or plague champion turret) with supression.
Also it makes no sense that Mekboy repairs at the same rate as a slugga, so he should have his repair rate increased by 10.
3.Warboss bang bang hammer is regular melee which makes no sense, it should be heavy melee, look at the size of it.
Also 'eavy armor is underwhelming for t3, i say it should slow him and give terminator armor like Force Commander wargear, if he needs a teleport ability he can still get Angry Bitz.

4.The army:
-Orks struggle with repairing vehicles, so I think a t2 unit that doesn't attack or cap but only repairs would be good. Gretchin squad would cost 150req 10power for example.
-It makes no sense that sluggas have regular melee choppas while stormboys have power melee, I say both should have power melee, if this proves too strong make it power melee only after getting burnas. (all models of course)
Also sluggas have a hard time in late game, I think in t3 Swamp em should become Frenzy (nobs ability).
-Shootas are good early game but don't scale up at all, I say in t3 they should get an upgrade like Sternguards where they become kommandos, would be good flavor and also easy to code since die last shoota nob just becomes a kommando nob with rocket launcher, still die last cause it would bleed too much otherwise.
-Lootas are useless, let's be honest. Since they have stealth when set-up I say they should be stealthed on the move as well, like they can come close to a fight and try to do damage, since they only do damage and supression in close range anyways.
-Stormboys ability Bommaboyz should just be them throwing a stikkbomb, no reason to throw a model for free.
-Deffdread is too weak in a fight, it's only use is to genbash, I think it needs an upgrade where it get 200hp more and like 20dps more. That and burna upgrade should make it a viable walker.
-Wartrukk shoota is worthless, it needs an upgrade where it gets an actual dps weapon, damage would be like a razorback bolter.
-Stikkbombaz do not do what they are designed to do. They need an upgrade where they get the other 2 stikkbombs in ork arsenal. They need burna bombs and smokebombs for them to actually make sense. Upgrade would cost 100req 20power though.
-Waaagh should affect vehicles, makes no sense since an ork is driving the vehicle.
-Orks have a strong t3 though it isn't flexible at all, Looted Tank needs a lass cannon option really badly.
-Flash gitz are a bland unit, they should get Luv da Dakka and Aiming? Wotz Dat? so that they actually feel like a range superiority unit. When they get blastaz they keep the abilities, they're just called Luv da Blasta and Aiming? Wotz Dat?
-Nobs are useless. Not good damage dealers, kinda tanky but outclassed by terminators. They should have 'eavy armor upgrade like warboss where they get terminator type armor and unable to be supressed. Frenzy would give still give movement speed at least.

These are my ideas to make orks more viable at higher levels of play, let me know your thoughts in the comments! :)
Last edited by shipy00 on Fri 09 Jul, 2021 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
shipy00
Level 1

Re: Slight rework for orks discussion

Postby shipy00 » Thu 08 Jul, 2021 8:49 pm

jk lol
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 09 Jul, 2021 8:03 pm

i sure hope so
Fas est ab hoste doceri
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 11 Jul, 2021 8:15 pm

rofled, thanks
Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Sun 11 Jul, 2021 11:33 pm

Amazing rework, had a good laugh :P
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! ONCE THE GALAXY BURNS, WE WILL DEFINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Mon 12 Jul, 2021 12:20 am

Kommando Nob is underpowered, mostly because of his weak survivabilty and lack of t2 AV, which is why i think betta kombat kit should stay the same but have an ability, Git Sauce - gives 100hp and 25hp regen for 5 seconds.

-He's pretty alright if you know how to play him, the problem with giving him the rokkit launcha in t2 is that nobody would play the mekboy and warboss because his av option is so much better than the other 2.
Mekboy turrets seem underwhelming, so I think they should function like a proper turret (techmarine turret or plague champion turret) with supression.
Also it makes no sense that Mekboy repairs at the same rate as a slugga, so he should have his repair rate increased by 10.

the turet is definitely a piece of crap--> just needs actual damage output. the problem with giving him a suppression turret though is that he would be just a better p.c./t.m. who can tele, heal, has a great damaging gun, and great suppporting globals.

Warboss bang bang hammer is regular melee which makes no sense, it should be heavy melee, look at the size of it.
--> I agree, right now its good but bad at the same time, because you can't depened on the warhammer alone to win a game, and is still in the same slot as the power klaw which makes it even hard to pick up.

Also 'eavy armor is underwhelming for t3, i say it should slow him and give terminator armor like Force Commander wargear, if he needs a teleport ability he can still get Angry Bitz.
he just needs terminator effectiveness of being unsupressable and unknockable.

-Wartrukk shoota is worthless, it needs an upgrade where it gets an actual dps weapon, damage would be like a razorback bolter-
-> I agree right now its a p.o.s.
-Lootas are useless, let's be honest. Since they have stealth when set-up I say they should be stealthed on the move as well, like they can come close to a fight and try to do damage, since they only do damage and supression in close range anyways.

Naw man they just need a snare, because right now this faction is almost unplayable without it.

Stikkbombaz do not do what they are designed to do. They need an upgrade where they get the other 2 stikkbombs in ork arsenal. They need burna bombs and smokebombs for them to actually make sense. Upgrade would cost 100req 20power though.

It doesnt matter they are still totally overshadowed by by tankbustas and wierdboy which take up the same slot as them.
-Waaagh should affect vehicles, makes no sense since an ork is driving the vehicle.
-Orks have a strong t3 though it isn't flexible at all, Looted Tank needs a lass cannon option really badly.
-Flash gitz are a bland unit, they should get Luv da Dakka and Aiming? Wotz Dat? so that they actually feel like a range superiority unit. When they get blastaz they keep the abilities, they're just called Luv da Blasta and Aiming? Wotz Dat?

I disagree with these 2.
-Nobs are useless. Not good damage dealers, kinda tanky but outclassed by terminators. They should have 'eavy armor upgrade like warboss where they get terminator type armor and unable to be supressed. Frenzy would give still give movement speed at least.

Lightning claws whill always make them redundant there is nothing that can be done here, there speed saves them at times more than nnot, and giving them termi related armor, would make the game too congested with already unbreakable t3 super heavy units.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Mon 12 Jul, 2021 1:43 pm

Element wrote:

the turet is definitely a piece of crap--> just needs actual damage output. the problem with giving him a suppression turret though is that he would be just a better p.c./t.m. who can tele, heal, has a great damaging gun, and great suppporting globals.

sigh

good that still not many knows about mekboy turret cancer, ye, Guru?

also i imagined that unsupressable and unknockable boss - marvelous! that ork really need for - snare lootas and unknockable boss...
Gordian Vorenthul
Level 2

Postby Gordian Vorenthul » Mon 12 Jul, 2021 7:40 pm

Element wrote:
Kommando Nob is underpowered, mostly because of his weak survivabilty and lack of t2 AV, which is why i think betta kombat kit should stay the same but have an ability, Git Sauce - gives 100hp and 25hp regen for 5 seconds.

-He's pretty alright if you know how to play him, the problem with giving him the rokkit launcha in t2 is that nobody would play the mekboy and warboss because his av option is so much better than the other 2.
Mekboy turrets seem underwhelming, so I think they should function like a proper turret (techmarine turret or plague champion turret) with supression.

Warboss bang bang hammer is regular melee which makes no sense, it should be heavy melee, look at the size of it.
--> I agree, right now its good but bad at the same time, because you can't depened on the warhammer alone to win a game, and is still in the same slot as the power klaw which makes it even hard to pick up.

-Wartrukk shoota is worthless, it needs an upgrade where it gets an actual dps weapon, damage would be like a razorback bolter-
-> I agree right now its a p.o.s.

Naw man they just need a snare, because right now this faction is almost unplayable without it.

Stikkbombaz do not do what they are designed to do. They need an upgrade where they get the other 2 stikkbombs in ork arsenal. They need burna bombs and smokebombs for them to actually make sense. Upgrade would cost 100req 20power though.

It doesnt matter they are still totally overshadowed by by tankbustas and wierdboy which take up the same slot as them.

I disagree with these 2.

Lightning claws whill always make them redundant there is nothing that can be done here, there speed saves them at times more than nnot, and giving them termi related armor, would make the game too congested with already unbreakable t3 super heavy units.

You really took this thread seriously, i can't believe it. 2nd Rambo xD
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! ONCE THE GALAXY BURNS, WE WILL DEFINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!

Return to “Balance Discussion”