Why do GK exist?

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Proenca21
Level 0

Why do GK exist?

Postby Proenca21 » Sat 12 Jun, 2021 5:40 pm

Hey im not hating its just a legit question i played alot of ELITE MOD back then when it got released also have some replays and i pretty much didnt do anything else then playing retail and jumping to elite mod because back then with just the Vanilla factions getting balanced the game seemed okay?
Like i cant remember IG and GK being so absurdly broken like right now.

So again im sorry not here to discuss GK or IG balancing but rather, why the fuck are GK even in the game whats the point of it ? Wouldnt it be more productive to just upgrade the current Vanila factions with idk new units more abilities more wargear maybe even more lords? Like a slanesh lord for chaos or some random thing, Isnt that better and more efficent then making an entire new race based of some fans ? I mean if anything you could of made some stuff like Some GK for the SM like in Dark crusade maybe change the way people would play in the long run with more variation wouldnt that make the game lets say more "Intense" ?

So again what is the point behind GK? why must they exist and why are they so strong ? And lets face the fact there are tournaments where indrid casted them where the finals even a guy rage quitted because of the broken ass and stupidly balanced race the GK are and it was for a small price pool but regardless it was a price.
I know this isnt sc2 or even Lol in the level of competitive play but maybe it could become something more if the people invested in things that are worth it ?
Inekura
Level 2

Re: Why do GK exist?

Postby Inekura » Sat 12 Jun, 2021 11:56 pm

Overall the community discord is the best place for discussions like this:
https://discord.gg/V4qpqFdw try asking here.
It´s kinda funny tho that you especially pick IG and OM which both have one of the lowest winrates. (so ye not op sorry)
As to why add a new faction?
Why not?
You could play vanilla dow2 and ask why even add chaos and ig?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Sun 13 Jun, 2021 4:00 pm

It's OM, not GK.

OM exist because the models for them were polished enough to be considered useable by the original lead designer of the mod Caeltos. So he added them in. It's really as simple as that. If there was a polished high functioning Tau/Necron mod then that would probably have been added instead I imagine.

Because it was already in the mod and many players enjoy playing as OM when both me and Adila had our respective times as lead designer we were not gonna get rid fo OM, in fact I would say at this point they're quite well balanced and they certainly are not OP... OM still remains one of the weaker factions out there.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Proenca21
Level 0

Postby Proenca21 » Tue 15 Jun, 2021 12:29 am

Inekura wrote:Overall the community discord is the best place for discussions like this:
https://discord.gg/V4qpqFdw try asking here.
It´s kinda funny tho that you especially pick IG and OM which both have one of the lowest winrates. (so ye not op sorry)
As to why add a new faction?
Why not?
You could play vanilla dow2 and ask why even add chaos and ig?

xd okay, you cant compare a group of professional designers dude to some fans like come on, im just asking out of curiosity and that was my opinion if that is urs im fine with it.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 19 Jun, 2021 6:00 am

The main problem people have with GK is that they're new and not many play them. Hard to get experience versus them so you lose to things you've never gone against before. Examples:

- Early Strikes were giving me trouble but I learnt to get a fast Power Sword on my FC
- Chasing Stormtroopers was annoying but I learnt to get Alacrity on my FC
- Double energy drain was making it so my Apo couldn't use his heal so I got Improved Medical Equipment
- GK was going heavy melee a lot so I bought a Dreadnought

Return to “Balance Discussion”