Eversor assasin kamikadze radius

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Fedaykin
Level 1

Eversor assasin kamikadze radius

Postby Fedaykin » Sun 27 Dec, 2020 5:36 pm

Returned to game after a long time, have a question about one new hero -- eversor assassin. The question is: why is his... doomblast has so much radius? The damage is great, he gets close easy enough (my whole army was shooting him) and still he destroys all my infantry. Should his blast radius be halved? Again, damage is great and it seems worth it, but radius seems OP.
PianoMan
Level 3

Re: Eversor assasin kamikadze radius

Postby PianoMan » Sun 27 Dec, 2020 7:32 pm

it's a stupid mechanic which rewards you for losing your hero, should be immediately removed
kvek greets himself
Maromar
Level 1

Postby Maromar » Sun 27 Dec, 2020 8:57 pm

Could be tied into a wargear upgrade (or the root of a new one) with an attached timer after death to make it dogeable. Basically the martyrdom perk.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 28 Dec, 2020 12:33 am

Fedaykin wrote:Returned to game after a long time, have a question about one new hero -- eversor assassin. The question is: why is his... doomblast has so much radius? The damage is great, he gets close easy enough (my whole army was shooting him) and still he destroys all my infantry. Should his blast radius be halved? Again, damage is great and it seems worth it, but radius seems OP.

What is his doomblast? Are you referring to his passive explosion on death or the boosted one he gets whilst "bio-meltdown" global is active? Or something else?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Fedaykin
Level 1

Postby Fedaykin » Mon 28 Dec, 2020 1:10 am

Torpid wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:Returned to game after a long time, have a question about one new hero -- eversor assassin. The question is: why is his... doomblast has so much radius? The damage is great, he gets close easy enough (my whole army was shooting him) and still he destroys all my infantry. Should his blast radius be halved? Again, damage is great and it seems worth it, but radius seems OP.

What is his doomblast? Are you referring to his passive explosion on death or the boosted one he gets whilst "bio-meltdown" global is active? Or something else?

I think, the problem is bio-meltdown one. I thought it was 1 ability, not 2 enhancing each other. In this case, why dont you make bio-meltdown continue on his corpse, like inspiration from force-commander, instead of making greater explosion? The way it works right now is really wrong cause eversor is hard to kill and deals huge 1-time damage just because he gets close with hero and... just dies. You understand that it is a revivable hero with abilities, right? So, killing hero always is a priority but in this case... It is a free explosion (if he is revived and most likely he will be revived) which will pay for itself (with knockback and damage over time extra to explosion damage) OR it is the way for him to stay in battle, using abilities and... dealing damage over time. Shouldnt be like that, I think.
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Mon 28 Dec, 2020 1:39 am

biomeltdown is fine, you pay red to activate it and when its over you pay 250 requisition to rebuy your hero usually. you can focus fire the eversor if he pops it before he's in melee, if he's already in melee then you can just retreat out of it.

the problem is the default death explosion, which is completely retarded.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Mon 28 Dec, 2020 7:57 pm

Agreed with Shroom, biomeltdown is just a better Noxious Cloud that kills your hero. Just retreat out of it, or suppress and FoF away. Better have shees for that.
Fedaykin
Level 1

Postby Fedaykin » Tue 29 Dec, 2020 9:24 am

Asmon wrote:Agreed with Shroom, biomeltdown is just a better Noxious Cloud that kills your hero. Just retreat out of it, or suppress and FoF away. Better have shees for that.

It costs as much as noxious cloud, but faster, deals more damage and has 1.5 times more radius. Isn't that too much? Am I supposed to retreat every time eversor gets close? Cause you never can guarantee that last second of his life the global ability will not be used. What's the point of changing only constant on-death explosion, if with such a strong global ability it can be always activated last moment and pay off?
I mean... is constant enemy retreat provoking a concept feature of this hero?
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Sun 03 Jan, 2021 3:36 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
Asmon wrote:Agreed with Shroom, biomeltdown is just a better Noxious Cloud that kills your hero. Just retreat out of it, or suppress and FoF away. Better have shees for that.

It costs as much as noxious cloud, but faster, deals more damage and has 1.5 times more radius. Isn't that too much? Am I supposed to retreat every time eversor gets close? Cause you never can guarantee that last second of his life the global ability will not be used. What's the point of changing only constant on-death explosion, if with such a strong global ability it can be always activated last moment and pay off?
I mean... is constant enemy retreat provoking a concept feature of this hero?

it is strong. like any other good global. you don't need to get globals fully equal. it will be warcraft 2-style. like i don't want.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sun 03 Jan, 2021 8:07 pm

Maybe we could prevent its use if the EA's hp are under 25% for instance. Or have the damage of the explosion depending on the health of the EA at the moment the global was used. I don't know if that's feasible.
Fedaykin
Level 1

Postby Fedaykin » Fri 08 Jan, 2021 11:22 am

Asmon wrote:Maybe we could prevent its use if the EA's hp are under 25% for instance. Or have the damage of the explosion depending on the health of the EA at the moment the global was used. I don't know if that's feasible.

Seems like a good idea. Or to make explosion trigger after a delay on death, like martydom (mentioned above).
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Tue 26 Jan, 2021 12:15 am

Asmon wrote:Maybe we could prevent its use if the EA's hp are under 25% for instance. Or have the damage of the explosion depending on the health of the EA at the moment the global was used. I don't know if that's feasible.

not an option. too hard to implement
Dullahan
Level 2

Postby Dullahan » Wed 27 Jan, 2021 6:04 am

LOCALgHOST wrote:

not an option. too hard to implement

I'm not sure if Relic significantly changed their rgd file stuff for DoW2, but in DoW3 you could do this like:

Have ~3 separate accessory weapons that fire off when ability is used, based on a requirement action that checks percent health.

Or just have a requirement action on the global ability that checks for health percentage.

Return to “Balance Discussion”