Level 1

Re: Vote for new Librarian Force Barrier

Postby Freem » Wed 14 May, 2014 12:08 pm

actually that's a great idea
nerf that fuckign weirdboy to the zogging ground
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 14 May, 2014 4:42 pm

LOL, I actually think that's a good idea too, reduce his speed by 50% after he has vomitted and lock out all other abilities for about 4seconds.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Raffa
Level 4

Postby Raffa » Wed 14 May, 2014 6:15 pm

That is actually a really good idea lol.

He cannot kite the F away with Warpath while the rest of his army mops up the survivors.

He's vomiting lol, gotta take a few secs to recover from shit like that 8-)
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Wed 14 May, 2014 6:28 pm

Dark Riku wrote:By that logic let's give all the abilities in the game downsides ~~
Plenty of abilities have drawbacks - resource cost, energy cost, channeling, casting times and winddowns, etc. In concept, there's nothing at all wrong with the drawback Broodwich is suggesting (and now people are suggesting for the weirdboy). Having force barrier be a zero-risk ability could make it spammable and exceptionally annoying in corridor-like maps. Think Hydris Chasm.

It's also possible that the libby could get knocked over by his own barrier if he immediately starts running forward at full speed, although that could be handled with a little micro, obviously.
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Wed 14 May, 2014 6:45 pm

The libby's drawback are is ineffective abilities and his cost, isn't that enough?

Everything was already listed in the thread which got deleted so I have no intention of re-listing everything, so if you've seen it good, if not too bad for you.

But just to go through it quickly, compare what the baseline libby gives you for 350/60 vs the baseline WB which costs 400/40, or the cost effectivness of their wargears, plus the libby is a melee unit which makes him way riskier to use.

Or hell, compare him to any other subcommander in the game, it's still the shittiest one and not just sightly, but by a very large margin.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 14 May, 2014 11:43 pm

Arbit wrote:
Dark Riku wrote:By that logic let's give all the abilities in the game downsides ~~
Plenty of abilities have drawbacks - resource cost, energy cost, channeling, casting times and winddowns, etc.
First of all, those are all game mechanics you mentioned. 2nd, all of those are already on the Libby. 3rd, are you shitting me? -.-
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Fri 16 May, 2014 1:03 am

Dark Riku wrote:
Arbit wrote:
Plenty of abilities have drawbacks - resource cost, energy cost, channeling, casting times and winddowns, etc.
First of all, those are all game mechanics you mentioned. 2nd, all of those are already on the Libby. 3rd, are you shitting me? -.-

Am I shitting you about what? You apparently recognize that drawbacks for abilities are already in the game so what's so crazy about the one brood suggested? It effectively would be channeling lite - not complete immobility, can't be broken by knockdown, but he wouldn't be able to run around at full speed. INSANE I KNOW

It could be really annoying on some maps, and extra annoying in 2s and 3s if more than one SM player got in their minds to spam it. It's important to consider potential cheese or abuse when buffing something, that's all.
My 1v1 map - Imperial Plaza. Revisions are in progress so please check it out and give feedback!
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 16 May, 2014 1:19 am

The above comments make me laugh so much.

I've literally annihilated armies without my opponent(s) beign able to do anything about it with my WSE,eldrich and Dcannons.

I've been assraped by noisy nobs understeroids ultrabuffed by supa tuff beam + mek heal+painboy heal + support from the WBs speed (and speed surgery from the painboy) they were literally immortal, all you could do was getting out of the engagment still all that shit wore off and it takes a fucklong time.

And you come here talking of cheese on a fucking force barrier of which only use it to either block a pathway (AND THIS, I WANT TO WRITE IT IN CAPS IS STUPIDLY EASY TO CIRCLE AROUND IN 1V1, the only problematic map would be hydris chasm which is 2v2) to gain time or knockoff a VP a unit that's capping.

You can't even cut out half of an army with it, you know why? because if your libby is in that position IT'S A DEAD LIBBY.

Call me the fuck you want, but the bias is really strong.

And yes Im mad, and yes I've used the force staff alot of times, I already know what it's uses are, the only thing that this change changes is that the libby won't die 100% of the times if the barrier bugs out and lets units pass through it.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Fri 16 May, 2014 1:40 am

Well I'm not going to argue that those are pretty bs combos, I'd like to see them nerfed too. What I don't want is to have things that can't be countered be a goal for balancing the game. Just because some other faction/hero can do b.s. doesn't mean all factions should.

Oh and I mostly main sm so I'm not sure where this "bias" is coming from
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Fri 16 May, 2014 1:46 am

Ace of Swords wrote:The above comments make me laugh so much.
[...]
Call me the fuck you want, but the bias is really strong.

And yes Im mad

If a combo that requires literally thousands of req and several hundred power is OP (mek heal and supatuffbeam, painboy w/ surgery, fully upped nobs, weirdboy w/ warpath, not even going to calculate how much that costs), make a thread about it. Here, we're talking about one unit with an upgrade, albeit an expensive one.

This is a balance forum where people make balance suggestions. I'm not even in love with the half speed idea, I just think it's something people should be able to consider without getting RAAARGH ANGRY

plus yeah what Broodwich said
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 16 May, 2014 1:53 am

Too bad you all always forget to mentition something, I surely did mentition that specifical combo because it's utter bs but those abilties, heroes and purchases work through THE WHOLE GAME making you win engagments,bleed the opponent and wipe out enemy squads by making other squads unstoppable aswell, not just nobs, but sluggas,storms etc.

The staff ability, outside damage increase has a specific purpose that can only be used in a few and specific situations.

And i've only mentitioned 2 of the major cheese, there are a thousand more, more stupid than the force barrier will ever be from T1 on ALL races, but god forbid if the libby doesn't have to die 100% of the times because his ability bugs out and let's the enemy melee units through right?

Must nerf that uber cheese.
Arbit
Level 3

Postby Arbit » Fri 16 May, 2014 2:22 am

Arbit wrote:This is a balance forum where people make balance suggestions. I'm not even in love with the half speed idea, I just think it's something people should be able to consider without getting RAAARGH ANGRY

I guess this isn't possible then?

edit: having had the opportunity to mess with it a little myself, I think it will probably be ok. The ability has a not-insignificant casting time (a few seconds). At a 40 second cooldown and with the ability to knockback retreating units it's one to watch though.

The most important thing is that he's not locked into "channeling" it, which FWIW moving at half speed would have done as well...
Vapor
Level 3

Postby Vapor » Wed 21 May, 2014 7:35 am

I think giving the Libby full functionality during the ability is OK, but I don't think the wall needs to work on retreating units, especially as a t2 ability. I say make it not work on retreating units and call it a day.
Follow my stream! twitch.tv/frozenvapor100

Return to “Balance Discussion”