GK Global Silence

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Caeltos

Re: GK Global Silence

Postby Caeltos » Thu 01 May, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm actually thinking along the lines of what's been said;

Make it an AoE targetted ability that silences the units in the area from casting abilities in that viccinity.

Re-evalute the red cost + durationa and set where I'll go from there.
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Thu 01 May, 2014 7:43 pm

like time field?
SirSid
Level 2

Postby SirSid » Thu 01 May, 2014 11:51 pm

Caeltos wrote:I'm actually thinking along the lines of what's been said;

Make it an AoE targetted ability that silences the units in the area from casting abilities in that viccinity.

Re-evalute the red cost + durationa and set where I'll go from there.

I would prefer this over a energy drain. It is important for GK to have a really solid engagment.

Having a energey drain might be a bit to difficult to time attacks with , also it would have a much higher impact vs the commander rather than the race making it less usefull in more matchups.

Hears a idea , what about if it was like a toxic cloud whare it was a small AOE that u could move . Also this would make it very visable to your enemey so u could counter play off it .
HandSome SoddiNg
Level 3

Postby HandSome SoddiNg » Fri 02 May, 2014 11:57 am

Caeltos wrote:I'm actually thinking along the lines of what's been said;

Make it an AoE targetted ability that silences the units in the area from casting abilities in that vicinity.

Re-evalute the red cost + duration and set where I'll go from there.

This +1,just not too similar to CoA
Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice 2016
Wonder Woman/Justice League 2017 Movies, WB/DC bring it ON !!
L0thar
Level 2

Postby L0thar » Fri 02 May, 2014 3:34 pm

I meant the energy drain for canticle (wargear), not for excommunication (global).

So the new canticle would regen energy of allies and drain energy of enemies in some area. And excommunication would prevent using abilities whatsoever, but also in some area.

I also support making the AoE easily distinguishable, that's very important.
SirSid
Level 2

Postby SirSid » Fri 02 May, 2014 10:29 pm

Well even canticle i would like to see stay as a ability deni vs a energy drain, i like the idea of stoping abilitys. the GK race can really use this idea well.Just needs a few tweaks and such to alow other players to counter play it insted of a "I win " type of thing.

L0thar wrote:
I also support making the AoE easily distinguishable, that's very important.

deffinatly in fact since we have the GK players in this thread i would like to point out that most of the GK abilitys can be " hidden" very easy. the melley buff global is very hard to see , it uses the FC battel cry buff animation i think but is very hard to see if units are already in combat when it is cast. also the nemisis vortiex can be hidden under 2x shotas. I would love to see thare abilitys stand out a bit more, even if the animation are borowed from other races to save time and animation burdons .

Return to “Balance Discussion”