Ork Turret

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Grosvenor
Level 1

Ork Turret

Postby Grosvenor » Sun 10 May, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi,
I'm just a noob player, but have watched tons of Ork games on Indrid Casts and I've never see orks using the turret.

If the turret has been designed to be used as part of the Mek Boys skills, why isn't it. SM and IG have useful turrets that suppress, but the ork turret doesn't. Is this a disadvantage?

Could someone please explain the reasoning behind this.

Thank You
"Would sir be requiring the naughty books tonight?"
Asmon
Level 4

Re: Ork Turret

Postby Asmon » Sun 10 May, 2020 3:47 pm

Mekboy is a teleporting hero, so he can place turrets more easily that the slow TM and PC. And orkz already exert huge pressure on enemy power farms. Therefore it would be extremely OP if Mek had access to a suppression turret.

From there, devs have tried to create another kind of turret for Mek. Which sucks real good atm, so nobody builds it.

But it's a small issue, it has very low priority so I don't expect anyone to come up with a new idea any time soon. And frankly, I think nobody cares, since Mek doesn't need a turret to be competitive.
GuruSkippy
Level 2

Postby GuruSkippy » Sun 10 May, 2020 3:56 pm

Asmon wrote:Mekboy is a teleporting hero, so he can place turrets more easily that the slow TM and PC. And orkz already exert huge pressure on enemy power farms. Therefore it would be extremely OP if Mek had access to a suppression turret.

From there, devs have tried to create another kind of turret for Mek. Which sucks real good atm, so nobody builds it.

But it's a small issue, it has very low priority so I don't expect anyone to come up with a new idea any time soon. And frankly, I think nobody cares, since Mek doesn't need a turret to be competitive.

The mek turret does suppression in retail, doesn't it ? I never heard once that it was OP there.
But yes, I do agree that the mek doesn't need a turret, at all. It can be just removed tbh.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sun 10 May, 2020 3:58 pm

the games where ork turrets do anything are never casted because they're under 10 minutes
Grosvenor
Level 1

Postby Grosvenor » Sun 10 May, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks very much for the explanation, and comments from other posters.

One thing I'd like to see is an Ork only contest to see who's the biggest boss!!!
"Would sir be requiring the naughty books tonight?"
beholder
Level 0

Postby beholder » Mon 11 May, 2020 9:13 pm

Few days ago Indrid cast a game where Noisy build 2 ork turrets at bottom VP in the late game, very useful.
https://youtu.be/uegCSwB3X1s

Can ork turret have a 360° angle of attack?
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Mon 11 May, 2020 9:15 pm

No
Darkbulborb
Level 2

Postby Darkbulborb » Tue 12 May, 2020 12:29 am

Mostly because people can't work around what they find "OP". Removing the suppression is just an easy way

Return to “Balance Discussion”