Bugz

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Bugz

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Sat 08 Feb, 2020 4:29 am

Had a game against Ruthless and my Razerback outdps'd his Meltagun Autarch. It was like as if his gun was doing nothing. I put my Scout in the transport so not sure if that bug affected it.

Can Scout Sarge be made untargetable? LA players go straight for the squad wipe every time and it's annoying considering how badly it affects you.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Re: Bugz

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 09 Feb, 2020 9:52 am

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Had a game against Ruthless and my Razerback outdps'd his Meltagun Autarch. It was like as if his gun was doing nothing. I put my Scout in the transport so not sure if that bug affected it.
Probably still the transport bug. :/

Paranoid Kamikaze wrote:Can Scout Sarge be made untargetable? LA players go straight for the squad wipe every time and it's annoying considering how badly it affects you.
I wouldn't go that far. Proper micro management is part of DoW2. Being able to "snipe" certain squad leaders is part of the game I feel like. The issue here though is that shared damage on certain squad leaders are in place to balance out certain sniping abilities.The issue here isn't the damage and that they can target squad leaders. It's rather the the pull effect that makes it extremely easy to instawipe a whole squad without much effort. My suggestion would be, if it is possible code wise: (shared damage) squad leaders do not get pulled as long as there are other models in the squad. Maybe something to ponder on and discuss? This would also apply to any similar ability then, flesh hook, GUO hook, brother captain lash, ...
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Sun 09 Feb, 2020 11:47 pm

I think Dark Riku has the idea. What about making it so that if a leader is targetted the ability snares that individual model instead of pulling. While still be able to pull individual non- leader models. Would it be possible for the mod team to differentiate this mechanic, when it comes to abilities targetting unique models in squads?
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 10 Feb, 2020 7:56 pm

You could also reduce the range of Flesh Hook so there can be actual counterplay. It's outside of detection range right now so maybe half it and then reduce energy cost to compensate.
Telos
Level 2

Postby Telos » Tue 11 Feb, 2020 1:00 am

Can the flesh hook knockback range be made to scale with its level? So it has a very small knockback at lvl 1, and around T3 Lictor knockback range at lvl 10. Would make it less punishing in the early game where it's easier to wipe scouts but would also reward good LA usage. The LA tends to fall off pretty hard if the game goes long, so it'd be nice if it gets a boost if the game goes that far.

Probably easier to move some of its range to a wargear though. How about reducing flesh hook range and having feeder tendrils increase its range (and gives the LA a bit of a heal when it's used)? That's the preferred weapon for the LA anyway.
Nehkrosis
Level 1

Postby Nehkrosis » Wed 26 Feb, 2020 10:57 am

Put this up already in the new patch thread but the PC is capable of using his plague fist ability whilst caught in an Orbital Bombardment. Bug?
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 26 Feb, 2020 5:44 pm

I used kaboom next to a shielded TG and I sent it flying...

It was very orky
crog
Level 2

Postby crog » Fri 28 Feb, 2020 5:41 pm

Since new update a strange sync error happens a lot, everything freezes for all players) not only on new maps

Return to “Balance Discussion”