Khorne and Tzeentch shrines are useless

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Khorne and Tzeentch shrines are useless

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 10:43 am

Lets be straight, these 2 are just worthless compared to Nurgle shrine. At least Nurgle one pays off a little bit. The main problem is, when you worship the shrine with heretics, you are giving up one of your squads to gain some benefits. Nurgle shrine is great for this, because you can have;

1-) In field reinforcement for all allies
2-) More frequent heal for all allies

and these 2 benefits have a cost of giving up one heretic squad. You know, totally worth it! But what about Khorne and Tzeentch shrines? Do they really worth giving up one of your squads? Khorne shrine boosts melee damage by 10% around it. Wtf is this even? Do I need to bait the enemy to come into my shrine to kill them? How is this any useful? What about the Bloodletters? Has any of the veteran players ever seen a good usage or at least a pay off of these? And lastly, having 2 Bloodletters alone more frequenly justifies the cost of giving up one Heretic squad? Hell, Khorne shrine is so useless that worshipping it is a waste of manpower. You better just use the heretics alone.

And then we come to Tzeentch shrine. These have a better place compared to Khorne shrines. I mean yes, they fire doombolts, but they tend to miss their targets, useless against units in cover, and still no better than grenade launcher heretics. Are they worth it? That's a question, maybe they are and I'm just wrong. But the truth it, they both underperform compared to what Nurgle shrine offers, an Khorne shrine really needs to get back it its previous benefits, giving 10% damage buff to nearby allies. And worshipping effect of Khorne shrine needs a rework imo. Getting 2 tiny Bloodletters is not worth giving up a heretic squad.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
PianoMan
Level 3

Re: Khorne and Tzeentch shrines are useless

Postby PianoMan » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 11:00 am

learn how to use them before you say they're useless, khorne shrines could cost more and players that know how to use them would still buy them
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 11:24 am

I've seen great usages of khorne shrines.. maybe it would help if you build them behind shot blockers instead of infront
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 11:49 am

PianoMan wrote:learn how to use them before you say they're useless, khorne shrines could cost more and players that know how to use them would still buy them

Explain how it justifies giving up one Heretic squad to get a couple of letters that dies over time, then maybe I will give a shit about your opinion.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 12:50 pm

Sex - Murder - Art wrote:
PianoMan wrote:learn how to use them before you say they're useless, khorne shrines could cost more and players that know how to use them would still buy them

Explain how it justifies giving up one Heretic squad to get a couple of letters that dies over time, then maybe I will give a shit about your opinion.

you don't have to worship it for them to spawn...
creds: currently best cl player 8-) :P 8-)
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 3:28 pm

PianoMan wrote:you don't have to worship it for them to spawn...
creds: currently best cl player 8-) :P 8-)

Oh yeah, because that just makes it better isn't it? A useless tower that gives 2 little Bloodletters and takes half an hour to do that. Perfect for its cost.

And you still ignore my real question, is it worth to worship and give up one heretic squad? Does it reward like the Nurgle shrine? You either give a solid answer or stfu and let the intelligent players make a comment.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 3:49 pm

everytime we've played against eachother you quit after the first engagement because you cannot keep up, so please don't call yourself intelligent kay?

the useless tower spawns 2 bloodletters every 15 seconds, put this behind a shotblocker and use them to scout or fuck over the enemy ranged units, if you have 4 units (counting the commander obviously, but better say it because you're not a bright one) just press 5 to easily micro them and do whatever the fuck you want with them because they dont give xp and they don't cost you any further resources

and the best part about them is that tics fall off and are super vulnerable, so you dont even have to invest in them, just make them worship your units or the shrine so you get twice as many bloodletters but watchout thats twice as much micro so your roach hands might not be able to handle it

of course it doesnt reward you like the nurgle shrine does you dumb dingus, the nurgle shrine is more of a defensive tool and doesn't let you disrupt setup teams like the khorne one does, they're different and have different uses wowsers

maybe if you put your head down and actually listened to someone who beats you in 3 minutes everytime you play him you could learn something or you can keep being a stubborn imbecile
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 4:38 pm

Awwww, its just soooo easy to prove you, isn't it? I said give me a solid thing to read and you just gave it to me. What a good little dog you are. ^^

PianoMan wrote:everytime we've played against eachother you quit after the first engagement because you cannot keep up, so please don't call yourself intelligent kay?

I don't give a single fuck about your matches. I always quit games where Rostam is my team mate just to annoy him. You are just an immature child who puts middle finger to everyone around him and make everything personal. Altough, I am letting you to whine about the 3 min drop, because it has no effect on me. You can say all you want about me. You have no real effect on me, but it looks like I can make you bark like a dog with a few words can't I?

PianoMan wrote: the useless tower spawns 2 bloodletters every 15 seconds, put this behind a shotblocker and use them to scout or fuck over the enemy ranged units

LOOOOOOOL, 2 useless bloodletters that dies before they can even get close to enemy ranged units, big deal! Great waste of resources! And a scouting units that dies over time? That thing has a limited range you inbred, that doesn't count as scouting.

PianoMan wrote: just make them worship your units or the shrine so you get twice as many bloodletters

FALSE, it only increases the frequency of the 2 bloodletter spawn, doesn't give you 4 of them like you stated. At least know the thing you defend you ignorant.

PianoMan wrote:of course it doesnt reward you like the nurgle shrine does you dumb dingus

Good little child finially understands what I meant after a few hours. :D They both cost the same, takes same amount of heretics to boss them, so why their benefits perform so different? Why Nurgle is the better and the other are worse? WHY DON'T WE MAKE THE OTHER SHIRINES AS GOOD AS THE NURGLE ONE? Is it sooooo hard to get it?
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 5:13 pm

>change name
>turk joins
>start game
>tell him i'm piano
>turk drops
tell me more about how i dont affect you, you pussy
2 bloodletters in 7,5 seconds means that you get 4 in 15 seconds just in case you dont know roach

btw if you're not a slow fuck, you can toggle between worshipping the shrine and the actual bloodlettesr and with proper micro they're not slow,
you brainlagging retard
think i know a little bit more than you do about cl :)
also taking your time to quit matches where rostam is makes you look like a fucking 12 yo retarded kid you twat
Inekura
Level 2

Postby Inekura » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 11:35 pm

Ege please don't me even more retarded than normally.
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Mon 23 Dec, 2019 5:14 am

Khorne Shrines are great.
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Mon 23 Dec, 2019 5:18 pm

Ok. Now lets all calm down and try to keep shit consturctive and all that.

Also, Piano is right when it comes to K Shrines. They aren't bad.
#noobcodex
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Mon 23 Dec, 2019 9:07 pm

usually they are used in defense of points, and do well when doing so.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 24 Dec, 2019 12:53 pm

Don't think there much wrong with any of the shrines,
khorne ones are for melee builds 10% more melee damage and 2 blood letters as well.
Tzeentch ones are for range builds since doombolts and 10% range damage reduction.
Nurgle abit of both since suppression/heals with reinforcement.
Only thing diffent about the 3 is unless you worship nurgle shrines you only get 1 benefit unlike the other 2.

I think the weakest shrine of them all is Khorne and that not cos of it being bad but cos of chaos builds atm. Chaos used to be able to do mostly any build you want and do mostly ok but since the latest changes to tcsm, noise marines, nurgle preds,bugged kcsm and such you might as well just go full on range builds and piss on your opponents, which Tzeentch and Nurgle shrines support much better.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Tue 24 Dec, 2019 5:07 pm

Shrines are good and the boss is only one who said it properly.
[sarcasm] You're so nice and kind to other players, Piano! [/sarcasm]
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Tue 24 Dec, 2019 5:09 pm

Sex - Murder - Art wrote: Aw

Bro, u're just wrong. Piano trying to give you some sense. In his usual dicky way but still.

Return to “Balance Discussion”