An idea to buff Demon Armor

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
GrimReaper
Level 1

An idea to buff Demon Armor

Postby GrimReaper » Sat 26 Oct, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi guys, first of all great job keeping the game alive after all these years you are doing an amazing job with the mod.

I had an idea to make Sorcerer´s Demon Armor remove the low energy penalty on Doombolts so they always fire at full power. I think it would encourage a more sit back and throw flying explosions at everyone playstyle covered by the Daemonic Shield which is already a defensive option and keeps him close to the CSM hes supposed to be covering with it.

I think this would make the armor a better looking option as its always overshadowed by the other 2.

What do you guys think?
The odds are not on my side, but escaping would be cowardice
PianoMan
Level 3

Re: An idea to buff Demon Armor

Postby PianoMan » Sun 27 Oct, 2019 12:18 pm

the armour is fine dont change it
ty
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Sun 27 Oct, 2019 1:45 pm

It gives you a very good energy regen which allows you to spam out abilitys quite easily and the bubble is also better than most ppl think.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Sun 27 Oct, 2019 11:48 pm

Demon armor is really good for late game. If anything, I would want the chains to get looked at. Its expensive and easy/reasonable to counter. I feel it is balanced, so I don't want the suggestion to turn into a power creep kind of thing, but seriously, I feel that other control abilities are much harder to counter and less cost prohibitive as this one.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Mon 28 Oct, 2019 6:26 am

This armor omis a very situational upgrade but I havent looked into it in a very long time tiven how rare sorcerer players are around this time. Other than that its very match- up dependent as well coming from me, but I'll take another look into it.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Mon 28 Oct, 2019 7:21 am

GrimReaper wrote:Hi guys, first of all great job keeping the game alive after all these years you are doing an amazing job with the mod.

I had an idea to make Sorcerer´s Demon Armor remove the low energy penalty on Doombolts so they always fire at full power. I think it would encourage a more sit back and throw flying explosions at everyone playstyle covered by the Daemonic Shield which is already a defensive option and keeps him close to the CSM hes supposed to be covering with it.

I think this would make the armor a better looking option as its always overshadowed by the other 2.

What do you guys think?

Daemon Armor already does this role you want it to do by giving the sorc more energy and energy regen to spam abilitys aka doombolts so idk what you want me to say its already doing this role fine and so no need to change it.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Mon 28 Oct, 2019 8:54 am

Tex wrote:Demon armor is really good for late game. If anything, I would want the chains to get looked at. Its expensive and easy/reasonable to counter. I feel it is balanced, so I don't want the suggestion to turn into a power creep kind of thing, but seriously, I feel that other control abilities are much harder to counter and less cost prohibitive as this one.

I wouldn't call a 30 power wargear for chaos expensive, how hard it is to counter depends on how you place it and sometimes it feels impossible to just click it :l
maybe im just a scrub tho
if anything i think sorc's accs should be looked at, CoT just feels like it doesnt have any usage and subj feels pointless other than in very close games
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 28 Oct, 2019 9:12 am

boss wrote:
GrimReaper wrote:Hi guys, first of all great job keeping the game alive after all these years you are doing an amazing job with the mod.

What do you guys think?

Daemon Armor already does this role you want it to do by giving the sorc more energy and energy regen to spam abilitys aka doombolts so idk what you want me to say its already doing this role fine and so no need to change it.

This. It literally lets you spam more high power doombolts as it is, and doombolts definitely scale well with it at present. Vs ranged compositions it is by far the CS' best late game armour.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Sex - Murder - Art
Level 2

Postby Sex - Murder - Art » Mon 28 Oct, 2019 10:15 am

I usually get Demon Armor just for its buff on energy so I can spam Doombolts more often. If we really want to change something about it, that would be the dome it self comes with the armor. I haven't seen any sitiuation that pays off it self or turns the tabels around.

It always bothered me that Icon of Tzeentch gives you an ability rather than passive buffs like Icon of Khorne & Nurgle. Maybe we should make a similiar rework to Sorcerer like we did on Warlock.

- Make Curse of Tzeentch as a 4th accessory
- Make Icon of Tzeentch a passive energy buff thing
- Remove energy buff of Demon Armor, and buff Demonic Shield into something stronger. It is just weaker compared to other T2 hero abilities, and compared to rest of Sorcerer's arsenal.
There are many ways to say the right thing, and I choose the worst way to say it.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 30 Oct, 2019 6:12 am

Why buff demonic shield it's already a very nice ability for chaos and that's saying a lot since chaos don't get many, 35% range damage reduction along with suppression immunity for anything in the shield.

Chaos sorc along with chaos can get one of the best range army's in the mod, new broken tzeentch marines, plague marines, autocannon havocs, new buff blastmaster noise marines, autocannon terminators I can go on chaos nowadays you get everything and sorc can buff them with a simply ability.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.

Return to “Balance Discussion”