Win rates of each race categorized by game length (League only)

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Win rates of each race categorized by game length (League only)

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 25 Aug, 2019 4:11 pm

Since the script I amended on the stats page does not work correctly, I pulled all data and did it myself. I have aggregated each races number of wins categorized by game length (same as on ESL stats page).

IG is clearly fine and does not overperform at all 8-)
SM is clearly a viable 1v1 race :lol:

According to this graphic, Nids are the best balanced race at high skill level :twisted:
Torpid

Re: Win rates of each race categorized by game length (League only)

Postby Torpid » Sun 25 Aug, 2019 5:02 pm

Nice stats, mostly lines up with what the meta says so far.

Got to love the early nid pressure that fizzles out with time. I suspect maps would be very influential on tyranid balance.

And yup, IG are OP.

Nearly as good as nids in T1 and leagues better in Mid to late T2.

The orks getting a power spike in early T2 makes sense, that power of that trukk -> slugga nobs is mighty. But early game squad wipes can hurt them badly. On the other hand they have a good late game.

And of course SM doing fantastic in T3 if they can somehow survive the early game.

One stat that does shock me is CSM doing so poorly at >30minute games, with their awesome super units, terminators and preds I'd have thought they have a very good late game. What's the sample size on that Noobus?
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Adila
Level 3

Postby Adila » Sun 25 Aug, 2019 5:16 pm

Great job !
But would like to know how many games have been played exactly for each faction as well if possible.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sun 25 Aug, 2019 6:09 pm

Would like to know if this is for all the leagues or just this one? Good too see stats for races tho
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 25 Aug, 2019 8:21 pm

@boss: This is for all league games ever recorded.

@Adila: That is certainly possible and I am already working on it but it is difficult as mirror matches pollute the statistic somewhat so the number of games played is kinda irrelevant. The only faction were the number of games played plays a role is GK and that is the reason why they have no color category because they are not included in the statistic. First because FUCK GK and second they were the least played faction in the league seasons so far.

@Torpid: I agree 100%. On one hand, this is exactly how we would expect each of the races to perform because of their inherent design, which does cause systemic unbalances on the other hand that are very hard to eradicate without hefty changes to each army roster. Take SM e.g.: they are supposed to start slow but once they get their stuff going, they are nigh unstoppable, which is clearly visible by the near linear increase of win-rate over game-length.

EDIT:
Please
fix
IG
Adila
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Sun 25 Aug, 2019 10:53 pm

Cool then for all the leagues, gives us something to look at for each race.

Torpid
Some things to point out orks get a power spike upon reaching t2 for shoota boys with 15% damage buff now its not so much 5% so ork t2 should not be so strong till they get new units.

Ig are ig and have been broken for ages idk why its taken so long for people to realise this.

I only see space marines last long on maps like outer reaches cos games can drag out for so long, other than that sm will prob lose on other maps as its show here.

I think why the chart shows chaos doing badly late game cos not many games last till 30 min as chaos you often win before then.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 1:00 am

How much of IG's success can be attributed to their oppressively strong T1?

Whenever I face them it is T1 that is consistently a nightmare, unless the IG player is trash.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 2:34 am

Noobus, did you ever figure out the reason there is an issue with the stats page? I must admit, the website itself is pretty much a mystery to me so I doubt I can help but maybe we can get someone else to find a remedy.

Secondly, is there a possibility to separate the winrate results from different league seasons? I'm going to guess no ahead of time but just wondering.

Otherwise, this is very interesting stuff. Ty for putting it together for us!
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 7:21 am

I would have to deconstruct and reconstruc Myrdals code for the 1v1 statistic aggregation which I really do not want to but it seems necessary.
The winrates could also be calculated for each league of course. If you give me the timestamps for the day when the league both started and ended, I could provide that as well.
If you would like and I find the time more often this week, I can show you the code that does it all. I will try to approach you as soon as possible.
Antandron
Level 2

Postby Antandron » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 9:46 am

What are the overall win rates per faction and what is the sample size? That would be important to know.

The stats as laid out don't tell us much because, for example, SM could have had the majority of their games exceed 20 minutes which would probably make their win rate >50%.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:25 am

Oddnerd wrote:How much of IG's success can be attributed to their oppressively strong T1?

Whenever I face them it is T1 that is consistently a nightmare, unless the IG player is trash.

the most important part of the game is 5-10 minutes so their huge t1 and chimera that currently belongs in t3 makes a huge part of it

Return to “Balance Discussion”