Important balance stuff

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Torpid

Re: Important balance stuff

Postby Torpid » Fri 27 Dec, 2013 7:21 pm

No, you can trust me on this becuase I've done it many many times, it's a very basic composition vs orks, the cmobined dread + libby + stern + devs t2, very basic and well known. Just think about the scenario in your head, you can't do much regardless of what you are with the ork t2, you need tanks, but that's balanced because I'm spending shit-loads in t2.
Last edited by Torpid on Sat 28 Dec, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 27 Dec, 2013 7:34 pm

This actually makes me kinda laugh, as i see nobs as a crappy unit that gets easily countered (usually only bought for tanking) why nobody complains about kommandos despite kommandos being 5x better ? Because they aren't usually used in the low-level game where nobs shine because people don't know how to counter them..
(not saying you are a low level player, but i doubt you know how to counter nobs :L)
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Fri 27 Dec, 2013 7:40 pm

Uh, you don't even know how I am glad when my opponents go for nobz. It is such a pleasure to ruin them combining your units and hero's abilities. I bet you don't know the ways of countering nobz that I am familiar with. But enough of this vast wall of off-topic messages.
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 27 Dec, 2013 10:16 pm

Dafuq man, you just said Nobs are viable in every possible situation, they can beat armies and counter their counters. And now they're suddenly piss easy to wipe the floor with. Make up your mind?
Nuclear Arbitor
Level 5

Postby Nuclear Arbitor » Sat 28 Dec, 2013 2:09 am

the only thing i know of that easily deals with nobz is a fireprism
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Sat 28 Dec, 2013 2:16 am

Back on topic please... what the fuck guys
HandSome SoddiNg
Level 3

Postby HandSome SoddiNg » Sat 28 Dec, 2013 8:26 am

Kvek wrote:He suppresses them, you use frenzy, he disrupts them and suppresses them.
but ofc he has his army

So Does the Ork player with 2 Sub-commanders
Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice 2016
Wonder Woman/Justice League 2017 Movies, WB/DC bring it ON !!
HandSome SoddiNg
Level 3

Postby HandSome SoddiNg » Sat 28 Dec, 2013 9:06 am

Bahamut wrote:
crazyman64335 wrote:225 red is a shitton in 1v1's, you're playing 3v3's so that isn't exactly what tex is referring to in his OP since he basically only plays 1v1s. And yes that does matter because in 3v3's there are more units to be killed, thus leading to more red. Playing a 1v1 vs noisy the other night as the WB and had to very specifically choose when to use the globals. So those abilities are fine in 1v1's imo

I have no clue of what those 225 are referring to. But UYC is 75 red, lasts for 25 seconds, gives 35% melee damage and 60 melee skill, and it's definitely too good

35%, not 30% like retail ? Last for 25 seconds is Too Long,Meele skill is Ok. Vomit is still 6.5 seconds long with 8 sec debuff + 20% damage received ,its still Ludicrous & Ridiculous . Nidz can control Nobz effectively once their in T3, Orkz generally gain More red Slaughtering HI Races and peeling off models . The Most used Weirdy abilities Warpath/Vomit/Over dere, they don't cost that much energy to Utilize. i Just want to See Vomit/Warpath be Justified , Painboy is in fine condition.
Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice 2016
Wonder Woman/Justice League 2017 Movies, WB/DC bring it ON !!
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:17 am

Over dere is not used... like... at all. I have been of the opinion that it could gain a radius increase of just a few units so that it grabs an entire squad instead of just half of a squad. Also, I think the upgrade costing on the weirdboy is fuckin wack, but I'll get into that when I edit the original post into a master list.
Lag
Level 3

Postby Lag » Sun 29 Dec, 2013 9:57 am

Over Dere is insanely good ever since Painboy was introduced to ease playing with all-melee builds. I've had it turn around games completely. But - I've also had it completely fuck my shit up with the half-squad throws and dem double-throws it sometimes does.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:50 pm

Although I'm no ork player I do have experience with Over Dere (since, you know, I like throwing stuff) and I find it fine. You just need to be careful to avoid half thrown squads, but the radius is already large enough.

Double-throws can happen if the weirdboy has been knocked down before the animation is complete, hence another try.
Bahamut
Level 4

Postby Bahamut » Mon 30 Dec, 2013 3:51 am

HandSome SoddiNg wrote:Vomit is still 6.5 seconds long with 8 sec debuff + 20% damage received ,its still Ludicrous & Ridiculous

I believe warp vomit is full 8 seconds stun and +20% ranged dmg taken, at least that's what i can read on the module file. Which is ridiculous no matter what you say. 8 seconds point and click disable. Even when there's absolutely no blobbing going on is one squad that's forced off the fight
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey der fellas. Im suprised that no one had brought up the sm flamer blatantly over performing for its cost. Its pretty much a free reteat everytime early t1 vs orks eldar and ig.also bashes extremely well. So on that thought i think it warrants a price increase to 80 20
In the Emperors name, Blind faith is all you require.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 9:26 pm

Gotta agree with the above.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 9:38 pm

[TLV]Soul_Drinkers wrote:Hey der fellas. Im suprised that no one had brought up the sm flamer blatantly over performing for its cost. Its pretty much a free reteat everytime early t1 vs orks eldar and ig.also bashes extremely well. So on that thought i think it warrants a price increase to 80 20

There was already a thread about this, and Caeltos said he's not touching it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=368

:|
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:30 pm

Well if enough non garbage is brought up about it im sure we can address this issue.flamer can single handedly push back 2 guardsman and catas when microed well
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:58 pm

You mean IG player should micro his forces moving them away and not shooting? Catachans on their own kill tactical marines.
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Tue 31 Dec, 2013 11:26 pm

if u can get into melee and range.theres no kiting an sm with a flamer as ig anymore
Faultron
Level 3

Postby Faultron » Wed 01 Jan, 2014 11:55 am

[TLV]Soul_Drinkers wrote:Hey der fellas. Im suprised that no one had brought up the sm flamer blatantly over performing for its cost. Its pretty much a free reteat everytime early t1 vs orks eldar and ig.also bashes extremely well. So on that thought i think it warrants a price increase to 80 20

tac flamer got build time increase last time for flamer
Farseer/Doombringer/Falcon/Mindwar IGN: Ypulse
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 8:12 am

[TLV]Soul_Drinkers wrote:if u can get into melee and range.theres no kiting an sm with a flamer as ig anymore

There's the Sentinel stomp, heavy weapon squad, commander and catachan melee. If you went for triple IG spam, obviously you'll get murdered by double flamer tacs as a counter.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 5:02 pm

Flamer has the same cost as stomp. And dont forget whatever the sm player has
Ace of Swords
Level 5

Postby Ace of Swords » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 5:21 pm

[TLV]Soul_Drinkers wrote:Flamer has the same cost as stomp. And dont forget whatever the sm player has

your point? the flamer is way worse vs sentinels than the extra bolter, so defo the sentinel counters it, even more with the stomp.
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 5:54 pm

They dony need to kill the sent if they force of guardsman wth 2 bursts of the flamer. It just works yo well vs eldar ig orks and tyra but falls off vs gk amd csm and sm mirrors. Needs to be balanced more concerning this
MaxPower
Contributor

Postby MaxPower » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 6:11 pm

[TLV]Soul_Drinkers wrote:They dony need to kill the sent if they force of guardsman wth 2 bursts of the flamer. It just works yo well vs eldar ig orks and tyra but falls off vs gk amd csm and sm mirrors. Needs to be balanced more concerning this

And you are doing what? Standing around? how about u kite them, force melee the tacs with your hero, use your sentinel, something.

Flamers are not up nor are they op right now, they are fine.
"A fortress is built with blood and toil. Only by blood and toil may it be taken." Leman Russ
Kvek
Level 4

Postby Kvek » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 6:31 pm

[TLV]Soul_Drinkers wrote:They dony need to kill the sent if they force of guardsman wth 2 bursts of the flamer. It just works yo well vs eldar ig orks and tyra but falls off vs gk amd csm and sm mirrors. Needs to be balanced more concerning this

[TLV]Soul_Drinkers wrote:Flamer has the same cost as stomp. And dont forget whatever the sm player has

Just going to use this against you.

Don't forget whatever the IG player has.
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 7:40 pm

Alot of troll here. I am willing to play anyone here using sm vs ur ig to show u what i mean. I dont know who u guys play but i play high lvl players. Well microed flamer tacts in the hand of say tex or torpid over perform over whelmingly. Nough said

i remember a game vs texs apo quite clearly where he even agreed on this point. One sm flamer routing a t1 army is ridiculous
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Sat 04 Jan, 2014 8:35 am

One sm flamer routing a t1 army is ridiculous

Even more ridiculous when players blob up their armies, isn't it?

t falls off vs gk amd csm and sm mirrors.

Really? No, in T1 flamer tactical marines gonna have an advantage over all these vanilla squads. In T2 you have a plasma gun. And the purpose of this gun is to damage heavy infantry. Why nobody says that plasma guns should be good against light infantry?
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Sat 04 Jan, 2014 2:36 pm

I dont know how u play but i dobt blob up. No one says flamer shouldnt hurt infantry. But the rate at which it kills guardsman and owns flame resistant catas is troll simple
Sub_Zero
Suspended

Postby Sub_Zero » Sat 04 Jan, 2014 2:48 pm

I would provide you with a replay where catachans OWN tactical marines equipped with flamer but I can't find it. I tested that 3-4 versions ago.

That means it is already impossible to kill 2 guardsmen + catachans for tactical marines on their own.
[TLV]Soul_Drinkers
Level 2

Postby [TLV]Soul_Drinkers » Sat 04 Jan, 2014 2:52 pm

Once again look to the quality of playeraur playing this game is nvr a 1v1 between unita. Tacts with support and a flamer are simplu too strong vs certain races its plain as day. Catas with flame resistance melting to a flamer in 3 seconds add in any support and thats an instant retreat

Return to “Balance Discussion”