Do Catachans really need power melee?

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Nurland

Re: RE: Re: Do Catachans really need power melee?

Postby Nurland » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 9:38 am

Yabbaman wrote:
Nurland wrote:I don't really see Catas as an overpowered squad. As mentioned before, they need ze powah melee to combat jump squads. The only thing they have that is possibly too good is IED (mostly due to its sight radius).

This is not a balance proposal, not complaining about them being op.

Nurland wrote:In what universe are ASM/Raptors not good against GM with Chimera?

Not saying they are bad, but not awesome either. Vulnerable to a stomp, IG splitting his squads, massive ranged damage on an expensive to reinforce squad. Also, the fact that you get them, delays your t2 tech, and an early chimera is more pain for SM/Chaos than an early jump melee squad for IG. Again, this isn't about balance.
How is this not a balance proposal? Please do elaborate. You are asking a direct nerf to a unit. That affects balance as far as I can tell.

If this is not a balance proposal then why post it in the balance section?

You also said that you don't think Catas are overperforming but then proceeded to say you are suggesting a nerf to them because IG is overperforming. Why wouldn't you propose a nerf to a squad that is overperforming instead of something that isn't?
#noobcodex
Yabbaman
Level 2

Re: RE: Re: Do Catachans really need power melee?

Postby Yabbaman » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 2:19 pm

Nurland wrote:I don't really see Catas as an overpowered squad. As mentioned before, they need ze powah melee to combat jump squads. The only thing they have that is possibly too good is IED (mostly due to its sight radius).

In what universe are ASM/Raptors not good against GM with Chimera?

Not saying they are bad, but not awesome either. Vulnerable to a stomp, IG splitting his squads, massive ranged damage on an expensive to reinforce squad. Also, the fact that you get them, delays your t2 tech, and an early chimera is more pain for SM/Chaos than an early jump melee squad for IG. Again, this isn't about balance.How is this not a balance proposal? Please do elaborate. You are asking a direct nerf to a unit. That affects balance as far as I can tell.

You also said that you don't think Catas are overperforming but then proceeded to say you are suggesting a nerf to them because IG is overperforming. Why wouldn't you propose a nerf to a squad that is overperforming instead of something that isn't?

When it's cold outside, please wear a hat, will you.
Atlas

Re: Do Catachans really need power melee?

Postby Atlas » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 5:57 pm

Yabba you at least recognize that changing the design of the unit will affect its balance right? They are not unrelated topics as you seem to be alluding to.
Nurland

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Do Catachans really need power melee?

Postby Nurland » Mon 18 Feb, 2019 6:45 pm

Yabbaman wrote:

In what universe are ASM/Raptors not good against GM with Chimera?

Not saying they are bad, but not awesome either. Vulnerable to a stomp, IG splitting his squads, massive ranged damage on an expensive to reinforce squad. Also, the fact that you get them, delays your t2 tech, and an early chimera is more pain for SM/Chaos than an early jump melee squad for IG. Again, this isn't about balance.How is this not a balance proposal? Please do elaborate. You are asking a direct nerf to a unit. That affects balance as far as I can tell.

When it's cold outside, please wear a hat, will you.
You really wanna go down this road?

You got nothing else to say than some vague insults?

You do realise that being a total asshole about things might not be the best way to get your point across or get the changes you want?
#noobcodex
Angantyr
Level 0

Postby Angantyr » Mon 04 Mar, 2019 12:06 pm

"A Catachan's favorite weapon is his trusty, simple, utilitarian and old-fashioned knife"

Hm.
appiah4
Level 3

Postby appiah4 » Mon 04 Mar, 2019 2:09 pm

I feel they have too much utility. Spotter, barrage, blast, power melee is too much. May as well give them a melta bomb? Wait they do get a meltagun sergeant no? Crazy.
ALWAYS ANGRY!! ALL THE TIME!!

Return to “Balance Discussion”