Limiting nob squad purchase to one squad

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Re: Limiting nob squad purchase to one squad

Postby Oddnerd » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 7:59 pm

As much as I hate the impact nobz have on late game 3v3s, squad capping is also very distasteful and should be limited to extreme cases (zoans).
kirbby
Level 1

Postby kirbby » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:05 pm

egewithin wrote:I don't think multiple Nobz squads are causing a problem (if they are from the same player) One or two of them are effective enough. In the end, they are a T3 unit that can be suppressed, knockbacked, and take shitloads of damage from HI weapons.

It may become a problem if multiple players have 1 Nobz squad per each, since it doesn't sink their economy like getting 3 Nobz squads as one player. Even if Nobz have an issue (tbh, they don't) limiting their purchase is not the way to go.

As you guys told me, now I know indrid cast is more about entertainment and interesting commentary rather than pro-analyze and game balance stuff; but still look at the impact the nobz have in here. surely multiple nob squads are problematic in good hands since this seems to be a decent game with players that have plus average skill and good players
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:13 pm

He-Man and Zeetorq are good players. The rest of them are mid level players.

So this isn't a high level game to be fair.
#noobcodex
Telos
Level 2

Postby Telos » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:05 am

Toilailee wrote:Nobs are NOT "already tanky" unit for a T3 unit at 750hp and HI armor. Sure they're tanky enough to not die to a stiff breeze like sluggas in T3 but still very vulnerable to focus fire and easily forced off with just damage if they don't have access to frenzy or support abilities that either heal them or enable them to get into the fight without losing a large chunk of their HP first.

I'm trying to understand what you mean when you say they're not tanky. What do you consider tanky? 750hp HI armor per unit is the tankiest infantry squad in the game after termies, and they're faster, on a small model size, can fit in transports, and have tons of Ork abilities to support them. Are you saying that Termies are the only tanky infantry in the game? Every unit in the game is vulnerable to focus fire, but being tanky means they're less vulnerable than other units. Are you saying that Nobs are more vulnerable to focus fire than another random T3 infantry unit?
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 3:49 pm

Nobs do have a lot of supporting abilities yes. But you have to look at what the squad offers first by itself.

Nobs are expensive out of the gate. And it become a point that nobs are infact useless without their upgrades of meanier and greener. Nobs are pretty much required to play around the frenzy ability since even t1 squad suppression squads can counter them. There is no t3 squad in the game that can be easily stopped by t1 suppression.

Vanguards can Jump out of their problems.
Terminator can walk around in it.
Seer Council can easily flank it and provides a range damage resistance buff to everyone near the unit and can jump into combat making them ideal for flanking.
Kasrkin that have their serg take 40% less courage damage. Allowing them to stay near the edge of a fireing arc and not get suppressed. Making it harder to supppress them. Plus they have a larger courage pool i belive making them harder to suppress even further.
t3 Lictors can Flesh hook, Infiltrate and Jump
Ork Kommandos have infiltration and a burna bomb that actually does absurd damage and a on demand partial army KB ability.

All of these aare t3 but do not get countered instantly by suppresion in a 1v1 scenerio. While all of these unit have their roles are different they are justified in ther cost based on what they can do. In fact most of these unit can do what nobs do but better and for far cheaper although no unit in the game will be a better bullet sponge than nob when frenzy is active.

Vanguards cause a mess in the anaimes backline jumping and doing lots of damage.
Terminators are a bullet sponge that is hard to kill without having a tank and some plasma focus fire
Seer coucil are fast and devestate a units back line if they are able to flank. They are shees on "roids".
Karkin i think are the only exception here being that nob are better than them despite being more than twice as expensive.
Lictors are pretty good when your enemy had mass set ups. People tend to use Lictors to start a fight. And that is not how they work. You put them in a fight afdter it has already started imo. Infiltrate (since it cost no energy), spy on the enemy, A move with your army, flesh hook a set up and tie it up = profit
Ork Kommandos are just better than nob imo in every anyway. Good Range Dps, more ultily from abilities, can help deal with suppresion with smoke grenade. Infiltration, Leader has AV being a rocket Launcher, the unit can cap 50% faster. The only think nobs are better at is melee and being a bullet sponge. They are far less cheaper and offer alot more than nobs. Plus they cannot be seen from a mile away.

Plus what I think Toil ment was that out of the gate in t3 750 hp on HI is not alot since plasma is around. Plus even piercing dmaage does a number on them as well if there is enough of it. Again since nobs require to be played around frenzy then i dont see anything wrong with them. The only reason why they seem OP in team games is becuase 1 m8 can get on and another player can get one himself. Each player is dealing with their respective nob squads rediculous upkeep and cost.

Nobs are also imo the only squad in the game having their initial price so high because of their upgrades and not what the unit provides out of the gate.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm

As the thread was made for a trolly purpose (admitted so to me by the creator of the thread), it is locked now.
#noobcodex

Return to “Balance Discussion”