The Intoduction of Raptors broke the SM- Chaos Meta

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Element
Level 3

The Intoduction of Raptors broke the SM- Chaos Meta

Postby Element » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:09 pm

Seiously though, why is this squad in the game. Chaos was just fine in t1 and now they have absolutely no weaknesses in T1 whatsoever. Before, at least SM had some inkling of hope in T1 but now this squad just outright imbalances the the roster composition. Devastatos are essential in this match-up and though they could be countered before. Now they are just outright worthless. It's literally as if you are just playing against a bette SM faction. and befoer someone says scouts> cultist so SM win T1; a champion makes cultist very durable. and now that they have a means to initiate engagement with a jump squad (suppressing) units. they can easily close the distance. Chaos S, has always been bad but now it's just bordeline unplayable. T1 raptors. T2 chaos always been strong but now you have T3 chaos teminators? (assault with any commander- Sm cant even do that only the FC can call in assault teminators) in addition to an unquestionably better super unit the land raider fobus. I mean it's like how did this make it past testing. T1 And T3 are just completely imbalanced given there aer more and better unit choices. I just wanted to speak my peace but it's just not healthy for the game at all.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Codex

Re: The Intoduction of Raptors broke the SM- Chaos Meta

Postby Codex » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:17 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2099

I'm starting to get the feeling that no one has read the balance discussion rules. Either that or they haven't been enforced for too long, and you guys have forgotten they exist.

They still exist. I'm going to start enforcing them again.

Clean up your OP so there's a stronger basis for an ensuing discussion please. Right now it reads like a few games you had some nightmares of Raptors beating you and you have no idea how to deal with them so you're just posting out of frustration.
Righteousness does not make right
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 9:58 pm

Those are all fine...
Codex

Postby Codex » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:01 pm

And this is what happens when the quality of the OP is low: one liner responses with zero argumentation.

Thread locked.

Feel free to try again with a higher quality OP.
Righteousness does not make right

Return to “Balance Discussion”