The Issue with Eldar

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Nurland

Re: The Issue with Eldar

Postby Nurland » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 12:04 pm

Avatar is fucking amazing. I don't know what is wrong with it? A bit meh dps with splash, large hp pool, decent abilities and a crazy strong buff aura that stacks with Cloak of Shadows, SC, Autarch, Fortune etc Eldar buffs.
#noobcodex
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 4:14 pm

Kvn wrote:In my personal opinion, the issue with the Avatar is that it's designed to support a large, probably leveled, standing army in head on engagements. Since Eldar are so squishy, it's very easy for them to lose forces, and since the only late game 'recovery' unit they have is the Seer Council, numbers and head on power aren't their thing. If you lose any of your T1/T2 infantry squads, the aura becomes significantly less powerful
"eldar players are too bad to keep their units alive" is not an argument

i really hope that suggestions to give more speed to a unit that has a massive easily aimable AoE ability with full damage on retreat are jokes otherwise...
Kvn
Level 3

Postby Kvn » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 5:54 pm

Forestradio wrote: "eldar players are too bad to keep their units alive" is not an argument

Neither is "only bad players can lose units."

Forestradio wrote: i really hope that suggestions to give more speed to a unit that has a massive easily aimable AoE ability with full damage on retreat are jokes otherwise...

I didn't ask for any buffs. I even said that, despite my own statements, I wasn't sure the Ava needed any:

Kvn wrote: because clunky doesn't mean useless.
Woodenplank
Level 1

Postby Woodenplank » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 4:39 pm

Looks like I poked a Hornet's Nest.
Talking of buffing FP/D-cannon/Avatar was never really my point, but can we all agree that Dark Reapers getting a tune-up and being moved to T3 is an option to consider, at least?

P.s.
Thibix Magnus wrote:But if shees lose, say, their power blades, the whole eldar composition collapses I think.

I never meant for them to permanently lose Power damage. I just wanted it to be limited to *after* researching an Aspect. Seeing as Eldar Players usually always get an Aspect for their Banshees, I didn't see it as much of a problem. Just kinda like how Sluggas need a power upgrade before they deal Power_melee damage.

Thibix Magnus wrote:Third, well, it's also just fashionable to complain about eldar trickery. It has been so since DoW1 which seems to have created a sort of collective trauma about eldar ;)

Well I'm not calling for a nerf, per say. I'm calling for a few adjustments. I actually want them to be buffed in late game.
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 5:42 pm

Woodenplank wrote:Looks like I poked a Hornet's Nest.
Talking of buffing FP/D-cannon/Avatar was never really my point, but can we all agree that Dark Reapers getting a tune-up and being moved to T3 is an option to consider, at least?

P.s.
Thibix Magnus wrote:But if shees lose, say, their power blades, the whole eldar composition collapses I think.

I never meant for them to permanently lose Power damage. I just wanted it to be limited to *after* researching an Aspect. Seeing as Eldar Players usually always get an Aspect for their Banshees, I didn't see it as much of a problem. Just kinda like how Sluggas need a power upgrade before they deal Power_melee damage.

Thibix Magnus wrote:Third, well, it's also just fashionable to complain about eldar trickery. It has been so since DoW1 which seems to have created a sort of collective trauma about eldar ;)

Well I'm not calling for a nerf, per say. I'm calling for a few adjustments. I actually want them to be buffed in late game.

no no I didn't mean you complained about eldar, you mentioned that complaints were common and I think they are sometimes eeem... pavlovian to my taste :)

I think there is definitely an issue about eldar T3, dunno if UP but there is something, kind of hard to grasp. I'm glad (some) people at long last accept to talk about it.
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:56 am

DR in T3 is stupid. They're needed in T2, they bring a lot in several MUs and if you haven't bought them in T2 you'll never get them in T3, there is no way you could do that considering the T3 power cost. Unless they receive a huge buff, which would be crazy since there're quite decent already. We don't want more retarded flashgitz-like ranged units.

The only point of Eldar T3 is to get Avatar, Seers and in a lesser way Fireprism, which you can only afford with a good power income. If you're suffering in that department then you should stay in T2 and manage.

Return to “Balance Discussion”