rangers xd

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
SarDauk
Level 2

Re: rangers xd

Postby SarDauk » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:39 pm

ok, btw I forgot to say that it's just a suggestion for a buff if the current rangers cost/pop/upkeep get increased ^^ currently I agree this would be OP
"Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:24 am

rangers cant be punished do too much damage scale¨perfectly and are cheap as fuck justz fucking remove this insta win squad and please blackrelic stfu
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:51 am

210-20 (2*rangers = 420-40 , cheeper than asm ...)
for a squad that has kenitic pulse and insane range
the upgrade gives them even more dmg and it gives splash on kenetic (good bye infintry units like sluggas,tics,hormagants)
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 6:04 pm

PianoMan wrote:rangers cant be punished do too much damage scale¨perfectly and are cheap as fuck justz fucking remove this insta win squad and please blackrelic stfu

Like you offered anything of value to the discussion. Just complaints. Do me a favor and either actually be constructive and not bitch without having suggestions or suck it up boy.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 7:03 pm

what else do you need to know, i'm not going to write a long ass post about something so fucking simple, maybe if you werent trash you'd understand
Black Relic
Level 4

Postby Black Relic » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 7:25 pm

PianoMan wrote:what else do you need to know, i'm not going to write a long ass post about something so fucking simple, maybe if you werent trash you'd understand

If you think a few small paragraphs are "large" i got some bad news for ya.

Besides, we know the problem and offered suggestions to fix it. The point of the discussion. You have done nothing. Not one thing. And all i did was offer a different design to sniper units in general. fixing the problem and give sniper units their role back but being completely counter able by making a player who uses too many of them to become extremely vulnerable to aggressive play. If you paid attention or could read a small post, then you might not be trash yourself.

Now do me, you and every one else a favor and not insult people by telling them to "stfu" because that doesn't sit well with people who haven't said anything wrong other than mentioning their fixes and/or designs. Now if both fixes or designs had no real thought into them that a different story but other people here would easily be able to help identify and offer their expertise on the flawed design to make it more balanced.

Now you have been blocked by me. I don't want to read anymore of your shrewd barking, nor pollute the forums by becoming aware of a single, small, salty player. Have a good day.
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 7:34 pm

tldr
1v1?
OceansAteAlaska
Level 2

Postby OceansAteAlaska » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 7:36 pm

Rip blackrelic
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 1:32 am

Well you never know, I think this was the same guy who lost to Devon was it?
LordKira007
Level 1

Postby LordKira007 » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 8:32 am

Atlas wrote:Well you never know, I think this was the same guy who lost to Devon was it?

Uff
Blood For The Blood GOD!!!
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 1:50 pm

beat boss then talk xdddddd
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 3:15 am

Just wait for 2,8 and see if the rangers nerf will do it if not we can nerf them more but ofc we are still waiting for 2,8 .....................................................................
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:12 pm

the fact that :
2 rangers cost 420-40
1 asm/raptor/rav or jump troop equivalent to basically counter 'em, cost at least 400-40

:shock:
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Asmon
Level 4

Postby Asmon » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 9:25 pm

Comparing totally different units from different races is always relevant.

You know what also counter rangers? Gen bashing and going T2 first.

But eh that discussion is also pointless now, with 2.8 you won't see that many rangers anymore.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 10:10 pm

Asmon wrote:You know what also counter rangers? Gen bashing and going T2 first.
SO TRUE! Why did nobody try to genbash those fast Eldar that can be anywhere at anytime? So easy to dodge the shees and shury...

Asmon wrote:But eh that discussion is also pointless now, with 2.8 you won't see that many rangers anymore.
Are you crazy? I hope you don't get rangers any more :) easier for the other to beat eldurp then.
PianoMan
Level 3

Postby PianoMan » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 10:21 pm

Asmon wrote:Comparing totally different units from different races is always relevant.

But eh that discussion is also pointless now, with 2.8 you won't see that many rangers anymore.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how do you want to bash when you have no fucking units because xd rangers
just jump the rangesr xddd and lose whatever you jumped with 10/10 strat

rangers are still op as fuck, you literally cant catch them and if you try you'll just lose whatever you used to do it, the only difference now is that you dont get insta wiped by retard kinetic shot
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 3:58 pm

Setup and Teardown time increased from .75 and .5 seconds to 1 and .75 seconds respectively.
Kinetic Pulse damage reduced from 25 to 5.
Pathfinder Gear energy regeneration increase reduced from +2 e/s to +1 e/s.
Pathfinder Gear no longer reduces the cooldown of Kinetic Pulse. (Now from 35 seconds to 50 seconds when PG is equipped)

well, curious to see where it goes but that seems quite a bit on many fronts... most people asked to remove damage of kinetic pulse vs retreating, many simply remove any damage (would still work), but here it's remove all damage, + 15 CD, -1 energy regen.

It's the energy regen that worries me the most, +1 is still sizeable but the regen was the key to scaling in their current version. Remember that since their sniping capacity was greatly reduced it affected their leveling, but the energy costs of abilities remained the same iirc. The regen did help in that respect.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 5:39 pm

Asmon wrote:

facepalm
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 3:53 am

Idk I'm pretty happy with the ranger nerfs so far.

One pretty popular suggestion (ie fine with 2+ people I've heard) is that Rangers are a bit too mobile and can probably work fine without Fleet of Foot. If we still need to nerf rangers, we might be looking at their mobility again.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 4:26 am

Stop trying to change things that been in the game for so long, fleet of foot never been a problem on them and now getting rid of it cos people can't deal with them after they are evening nerf.
They cost 285/40 they better do something for that cost otherwise you see nothing but 3 or 4 setup teams builds again.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.

Return to “Balance Discussion”