Chaos faction CSM energy!

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
LordKira007
Level 1

Chaos faction CSM energy!

Postby LordKira007 » Thu 10 May, 2018 2:56 pm

So I never noticed before that CSM literally do nothing with the energy they have so is it a good idea to actually give them something so that they use this unused resource ? and If yes what u guys think (even if a general idea) a good ability for them would be (buff,debuff,damage,upgrade etc)
Blood For The Blood GOD!!!
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Re: Chaos faction CSM energy!

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:00 pm

They have slaughter with AC, but not as base squad, what your talking about?
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:06 pm

No use at all. They dont havr any abilities beyond slaughter so why would they need energy? Thats really only used on squads with multiple abilities to add functionality beyond ability cooldowns.

Cooldown limits single ability usage, while energy limits multiple ability usage. If you think they are able to use slaughter too often then ask for a cooldown increase.

Might as well throw energy onto Devs and Havocs while we're at it :P
LordKira007
Level 1

Postby LordKira007 » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:07 pm

TE | NoSkill wrote:They have slaughter with AC, but not as base squad, what your talking about?

Slaughter doesn't use energy plus it is only there when the AC is there with no marks I want (if possible) an ability for the base unit itself maybe something like rapid fire but dunno just a thought
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:14 pm

Dont think thats necessary at all. CSM perform quite well in their current state and i see no need for a new ability on the unit. They already have Eternal War if you want a performance increase on the bae unit.
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:14 pm

LordKira007 wrote:
TE | NoSkill wrote:They have slaughter with AC, but not as base squad, what your talking about?

Slaughter doesn't use energy plus it is only there when the AC is there with no marks I want (if possible) an ability for the base unit itself maybe something like rapid fire but dunno just a thought

Why should they tho? Shouldn t rather the marks have some specialty?
LordKira007
Level 1

Postby LordKira007 » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:31 pm

Crewfinity wrote:Dont think thats necessary at all. CSM perform quite well in their current state and i see no need for a new ability on the unit. They already have Eternal War if you want a performance increase on the bae unit.

It was just a thought I feel that there is something wrong with chaos but that it is a minor thing that I can't really put my hands on it that's why I pushed this am I wrong? is Chaos perfect as it is ? or there is really something wrong that needs fixing?
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:36 pm

LordKira007 wrote:
Crewfinity wrote:Dont think thats necessary at all. CSM perform quite well in their current state and i see no need for a new ability on the unit. They already have Eternal War if you want a performance increase on the bae unit.

It was just a thought I feel that there is something wrong with chaos but that it is a minor thing that I can't really put my hands on it that's why I pushed this am I wrong? is Chaos perfect as it is ? or there is really something wrong that needs fixing?

What s your main play mode?

Besides that, balance is always an risky topic, so stay persistant, if you have something in mind and time will prove your right or wrong.

Besides that, some folks might be salty because of my threads xD
LordKira007
Level 1

Postby LordKira007 » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:48 pm

TE | NoSkill wrote:
LordKira007 wrote:

Besides that, balance is always an risky topic, so stay persistant, if you have something in mind and time will prove your right or wrong.

Well u do suggest some preposterous stuff XD like dread with stoicism or Raptors with infiltration ofc that will make ppl salty pretty easy but then again they took it seriously so nice I guess
LordKira007
Level 1

Postby LordKira007 » Thu 10 May, 2018 3:49 pm

and I just want a little bit of a deterrent in T1 beside the Nade tic that need power to get that's all I think
TE | NoSkill
Level 3

Postby TE | NoSkill » Thu 10 May, 2018 4:03 pm

LordKira007 wrote:
TE | NoSkill wrote:
LordKira007 wrote:It was just a thought I feel that there is something wrong with chaos but that it is a minor thing that I can't really put my hands on it that's why I pushed this am I wrong? is Chaos perfect as it is ? or there is really something wrong that needs fixing?

Well u do suggest some preposterous stuff XD like dread with stoicism or Raptors with infiltration ofc that will make ppl salty pretty easy but then again they took it seriously so nice I guess

Considering chaos has no vendread, why shouldn t they have something, that makes em better in T3, when they already have lower health to begin with?
And raptors infiltration in cover when still is not that big of an deal in an dynamic game as this I'd say.

LordKira007 wrote:and I just want a little bit of a deterrent in T1 beside the Nade tic that need power to get that's all I think

I think their T1 status is fine, it s rather their marks and the AC, that don t deliver as well.

Btw, what do you think of slaughter charging with the damage they do like an mirror of SM " And they shal know no fear"?

Return to “Balance Discussion”