Notes on OM...

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Professional Asshole
Level 1

Notes on OM...

Postby Professional Asshole » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:24 am

Ok a few notes on OM...

Quality of Life Improvements

IST Sargent is priced at 75/25 and gives detection in radius 30 (ops are shite in my opinion)

Remove detection from Ops and give them something else in exchange (perhaps a 15% damage buff to their shotguns)

Bringing back the old

I remember way, way back when Strike Squads could equip a psycannon in t2. Here's my idea, Nemesis Focus and Psy Focus both act essentially like the vanguard assault marine upgrade. This is done for one reason, to give Strikes more wargear options (it won't alter them in any other way).

Nemesis allows the squad to either equip a Nemesis Daemon Hammer (melee damage that does the special melee attack of vanguard assault marine with thunder hammer) or the Nemesis Force Sword (power melee damage designed to help against HI).

Psy allows you to equip either a Psilencer or Psycannon, hear me out. I believe the primary issue with psilencers now is that Purgs get three of them instead of one, just one fulfills it's primary purpose of horde bleeding (the strikes will not gain rending ability). Perhaps Purgs shouldn't even get psilencers. The Psycannon meanwhile will retain all it's current attributes but lose splash damage, making it an anti vehicle/anti HI weapon that is inefficient against light infantry.

On the BC

I don't know what to do but the BC feels a little...tepid during the first 3-5 minutes. He need some sort of (minor) buff to give him a little more early game competitiveness.

Thoughts?
Ayy Eye
Level 2

Re: Notes on OM...

Postby Ayy Eye » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:55 am

Cheers, you've found a way to buff everything that people complain is op.

Exept ops and their general uselessness in 2.7.2, ops need a change.
She/Her gamergirl
Professional Asshole
Level 1

Re: Notes on OM...

Postby Professional Asshole » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 12:42 am

@Ayy Eye Actually it wouldn't be that OP...not if the cost was suitably expensive. I was thinking 100/30 for each special weapon with regards to strikes (note the cost to damage ratio in comparison to say Purgs who get three of each weapon for that price). As for IST they need their detection back (perhaps removing the insta nade in the process), getting a unit solely for detection is shite in of itself...

Return to “Balance Discussion”