IG Spotter Infiltrate

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Oddnerd
Level 4

IG Spotter Infiltrate

Postby Oddnerd » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:51 am

Just a random idea, - if IG spotters were given a passive ability to infiltrate in cover or after staying still for a certain amount of time, it could improve their ability to passively provide LOS. I only say this based on my experience as a former IG main, but it seems I don't use spotters for much spotting or providing LOS... they just fire off abilities while moving around with my blobs. Also, their mortar abilities seem to have slightly more range than their sight, leading to frustrating situations where you can just barely see an enemy SUT but can't quite fire a mortar on them. Would they be IMBA if their mortar had a range equal to their LOS?

Please let me know if and why my idea is shit.
Torpid

Re: IG Spotter Infiltrate

Postby Torpid » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 1:21 pm

I think they would be imba if their sight was equal to their range.

The name is a bit of a misnomer because the "spotters" themselves don't do any spotting.

Ideally the sentinel or a flanking hero should be the IG t1 spotter, then you have storms in T2.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:02 pm

I have nothing to back this up with but I kinda like how they are. They just feel right and balanced but as I said I have nothing to back this claim up with just a great feeling while using them.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 5:17 pm

I agree, the are a very potent unit, I guess I just read into the name too literally.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 6:48 pm

Good point to bring up though, did make me think about them and how I under use them!
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Thu 22 Feb, 2018 3:25 am

spotters are artillery spotters... who spot for arty shooting off map and give them coordinates and error corrections once their rounds hit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artillery_observer
Fas est ab hoste doceri

Return to “Balance Discussion”