2.8 Consensus Changelog (Part 1 of 2)

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Atlas

2.8 Consensus Changelog (Part 1 of 2)

Postby Atlas » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:58 am

Hey guys, wanted to check in with you all! I just wanted to fill you people in on what's going on for 2.8 as well as drop the log that we have atm.

First off, if everything goes ok we'll be able to add the Last Stand extra to this iteration. Hooray \o/

Now to the meat of the patch and why it's coming in like this. Normally Myrdal is the tech guy, Torpid is the lead designer and I'm just the #2 guy to help wherever. This time around, Torpid decided to abstain from the design part so the whole "lead designer" spot has been left hazy this time around. Technically, this just makes Myrdal and I the official staff and designers, but I took the initiative to do this patch a little differently.

We tried out a slightly different method this time around. Instead of just having a lead designer give the direction to the patch, this time around I left a changelog with mostly carryover stuff available to the "Inner Circle" group and seeing how they went at it.

From there, people have added/dropped and so on. At this point, they've made it clear to me that they've gone through it so now I'm handing it to you guys and seeing what you make of it.

Here's where the log is right now in two states, the first in this thread is the basic core that should be stable and the second in the other thread where the hard questions need to be asked. You can find a Google Doc link HERE if you would rather use that avenue. Either here or on the Google Doc would do just fine!

So yeah, lemme know what you think! I'm open to a lot.

SIDE NOTE: The Bug Fixes section is more of a "hopeful" section atm. Without going into production, it's hard to say if we can actually fix the problems listed.

---------------------
Basic Version
---------------------
This is the part that seems to pass as is. I wouldn't say it's 100% in stone, but I think this will hold up on the peer review you guys do. I hope this log will help give some context to the questions in the second thread.

Bug Fixes
Spore mines no longer deal full damage to units in retreat.
T3 Lictor flesh responsiveness improved.
If the Brother-Captain moves immediately after starting to cast “psychic lash” it will still pull the target, but CD will not trigger and BC can use it again.
Vox Operator often doesn’t reinforce.
OM Rhino has no A-move function.
Single-target hero abilities are bugging out a lot - being “used” but not having an effect in spite of lowering energy/triggering CD. Trippa shot, high powered shot, hammer of the witches.
Make sure chaos sorcerer shoot 6 doombolts when full energy
Endless swarm still don’t reinforce 2 for 1 if the squad has 6 or more models.
Make sure to make Gravity Blade Levitation Field as reliable as possible, otherwise back to 25 power.
Make sure Blight Grenade initial blast DoT and infection DoT don’t stack with each other.
A fix for setup teams getting stuck in webway gate by making it so they have to de-setup before they enter gates

Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Lord:
Default Bolter range reduced from 38 to 26.

Chaos Sorcerer:
Subjugation now grants the Sorceror 20% damage resistance for the duration of the effect.
Curse of Tzeentch’s effect is now canceled on retreat.
Curse of Tzeentch now lowers the targeted infantry unit’s energy by 60 in addition to its normal effects.

Plague Champion:
Bile Spewer damage modifier vs building light changed from 5 to 3.5.
Bile Spewer slow effect no longer stacks with suppression.

Chaos Space Marine Squad:
Upkeep cost increased from 1.92 to 2.55.

Chaos Havoc Squad:
Crew member bolter damage per hit decreased from 23 to 12. (13.42 to 7 dps)

Eldar
Warlock:
Restoration Field healing effect no longer stacks with base health regeneration.
Swift Movement global cost reduced from 100 to 85.

Warp Spider Exarch:
Phase Shift radius reduced from 15 to 10.

Farseer:
Armour of Fortune health increase reduced from 200 to 150.
Spirit Stones energy cost increased from 70 to 75.

Guardian Weapon Team:
Population cost increased from 3 to 4. (9 to 12 for whole squad)

Falcon:
Damage modifier on the eld_pulse_laser vs Building_Light reduced from 1.5 to 0.75. (venom_cannon_pvp)
Eld_dual_shuriken_catapults_fire_prism and eld_scatter_laser fire on the move accuracy reduced from 100% to 75%.
Sight range reduced from 45 to 40.

Rangers:
Setup and Teardown time increased from .75 and .5 seconds to 1 and .75 seconds respectively.

Imperial Guard
Inquisitor:
Targets affected by Judgment only suffer 50% damage from Judgment’s effects while in retreat.

Leman Russ Battle Tank:
Sight range reduced from 55 to 45.

Baneblade:
Cost increased from 700/180 to 800/180.
Primary cannon damage increased from 150 to 180.

Ordo Malleus
Brother Captain:
Storm Bolter range reduced from 38 to 26.

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers:
Sergeant cost increased from 75/15 to 75/20.
Frag Grenade ability removed.
Sergeant now unlocks the Incendiary Grenade ability.

Incendiary Grenade -
Throw an incendiary grenade that coats an area in flame. 45 grenade damage radius 7.5 initial detonation(no knockback), 10 flame_aoe_ability_pvp damage per second for 10 seconds afterwards in a radius of 10. Range 25, Cooldown 50 seconds. Energy cost set to 60.

Purgation Squad:
Model hp reduced from 350 to 333.
Squad is no longer equipped with 3 Incinerators by default.
Squad is now equipped with 1 Incinerator and 2 sets of Stormbolters and Force Halberds.
Incinerator damage per hit increased from 7 to 16.
Stormbolter damage per hit set to 12. (7 dps)
Force Sword damage per hit set to 12. (12 dps)
Psilencers upgrade now equips the squad with only 1 Psilencer, rather than 3.
Psilencer damage per hit increased from 31 to 50.
Psilencer no longer deals damage in an area of effect.
Squad now has the Conversion Beamer upgrade.

Conversion Beamer -
Equip one member of the squad with a Conversion Beamer, effective against vehicles. Attacks on vehicles or monstrous creatures reduce their speed by 50% for 5 seconds.
Cost set to 75/0, unlocks in T2.
Conversion Beamer weapon has stats identical to the SM Lascannon.

Orks
Warboss:
Default Shoota range reduced from 38 to 26.

Kommando Nob:
Betta Kombat Kit health increase increased from 100 to 175.
Betta Kombat Kit no longer increases the Kommando Nob’s energy by 25.

Space Marines
Terminator Force Commander:
Cost increased from 150/65 to 150/80.

Tyranids
Hive Tyrant:
Warrior Brood Call-In changed to Tyrant Guard Call-In at base 350/45/175. Unlocks in T2.
Bio Plasma now inflicts 7 flame dps for 10 seconds in radius of 5 around the area of impact.

Lictor Alpha:
Spore Mine Call-In changed to Venom Brood Call-In, Cost 300/0/175, delay of 7 seconds. Unlocks in T2.
Health increased from 620 to 630.
Sight range increased from 38 to 40.
Flesh hook energy cost reduced from 60 to 50.
Adrenal Glands heath increase increased from 100 to 150.
Corrosive Claws cost increased from 110/25 to 125/35.
Corrosive Claws debuff can now also be applied to vehicles in addition to its normal effects.

Ravener Alpha:
Reinforced Chitin cost increased from 100/20 to 120/25.
Strengthened Sinew cost reduced from 110/20 to 100/20.

Ravener Brood:
Cost reduced from 400/45 to 400/40.

Zoanthrope:
Now has the Symbiosis upgrade. Unlocks at T3. Cost set to 100/25.
Symbiosis upgrade unlocks the Symbiosis ability.

Symbiosis -
Mend the wounds of a monstrous creature with your psychic might. Channeled ability. Heals an allied monstrous creature for 20 hp/s for 10 seconds. Cooldown 60 seconds. Range 15. Energy cost set to 70.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Re: 2.8 Consensus Changelog (Part 1 of 2)

Postby TharxGamma » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 11:10 am

Baneblade:
Cost increased from 700/180 to 800/180.
Primary cannon damage increased from 150 to 180.

Oh shit! Don't tell Stoned_Elf ;) On a serious note looks pretty good patch! I like the idea of Zoan healing monstrous, would that work on TG as well as his shield wall?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 11:10 am

1-sigil change is good - also chaos lord bolter range a bit radical (better 36 to 30) than (36 ot 26)
2-I think people like the warrior calling better for various reasons but mb u should give Tgaurd calling a go in Beta,it sounds like a good idea
3-venom brood calling for LA is a terrible idea giving him instant av (MB warrior calling instead cuz LA players need synapse and Thorax is good)
4-Baneblade can get extra 250 hp (from 2750 to 3000) for extra cost (suggested 800-180 to 800-200) just a bit twitching but this one also good
5-zoan healing carnifex might be good (20hp*10sec=200 hp) kinda like it

Last-OM is not a very good race not beacause "overpowered" or "underpowered" but just beacasue their core mechanich is not compatible with dow2 (long story) so yea basically an extra race which is not great to play/micro/watch (dont get me wrong GK is awesome in fluff but not great here)
but i wish u the best of luck with it that for what its worth ;)
Last edited by Rostam on Wed 24 Jan, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 11:23 am

1-) I hope Combi Flamer of Chaos Lord still has the same range as before and not decreased.
2-) I really liked Tyrant Guard spawn, but the cost should be decreased IMO. It is not cheaper enough for 175 red cost. I would say 300 / 50 or 60.
3-) I think Venom Brood drop insted of spore mine drop is a bad idea. I mean I will always ask for genestelaers but that's not gonna happen. :( Anyway, I would say it can be changed for a Warrior Brood drop. Because LA players are focusing on melee in general.
4-) Zoanthrope channeld heal for fexes is unnecessery and may lead a lot of game breaking actions in matches. It sounds awsome, but I don't think it is a logical move. In the other hand, I liked the new fire modes of zoanthrope, good idea. :)
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 11:41 am

Obviously the Chaos Lord Combi Bolter range has not been touched.

The new symbiosis ability was introduced because Fexes have a very low hp-regen rate that requires them to walk back to the base very often unless you want to keep it on the field and risk it dieing because you have no access to a better heal or repair. It was very much neccessary.

These changes are also not 100% sure to make it into the final patch the way they are here. All changes are subject to change if anything is wrong with them during the testing phase.

That being said, everybody who disagrees with something should argue in detail why they think they are right. Lots and lots of arguing went into the making of this changelog and therefore nothing less than that shall unmake it.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 2:15 pm

WHY WE DID WHAT WE DID

Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord Bolter range:
The thought behind this was actually simple: all other heroes have range 22 on their pistols apart from the Brother Captain and the Chaos Lord. This change helps by rewarding kiting and properly microing away from the Chaos Lord. We felt that range 22 was not justified the Chaos Lord and the Brother Captain are both very slow heroes (without ability usage that is).

Chaos Sorcerer:
Subjugation was more often than not a death-sentence for the Sorcerer because he could be focused down very fast. This should help him to actually fullfill his role as CC hero.

Curse of Tzeentch was overperforming by a lot and a a better version of Touch of Nurgle even. It does also not fit the playstyle of the Sorcerer at all. We thus reworked the ability to be a targetable energy burn (not drain). It helps the Sorcerer to control jump troops and defend his vehicles better because now jump troops or any unit that has snares shall have its energy sapped. This makes vehicle play with the Sorcerer much more viable and rewards good awareness.
CORRECTION: It does ONLY burn energy. No "in addition to its normal effects".

Plague Champion:
The Bile Spewer was most definitely overperforming when it came to bashing gens. Lose track of the PC once and kiss your whole gen farm good-bye is now a thing of the past. Furthermore does the slow from the Bile Spewer no longer stack with suppression. Units coming to a complete stand-still is hardly fair at all. 8-)

Chaos Space Marine Squad:
CORRECTION: This change is not marked as 100% consensus and should not be here. The repercussions of changing this upkeep value are not yet fully understood so that we decided to delay this change until more mathy science stuff is available to back this change.

Chaos Havoc Squad:
This change was long overdue as there was no justification that their members did more than standard dmg. That was a remnant of Caeltos' change to the Chaos faction and totally unwarranted.

Eldar
The restoration field stacking with the base aura was way too powerful and significantly changed the duration it took Warlock players to get their units onto the field again. This has now been taken care of.

Swift Movement, as good a global as it may be, was never worth 100 red. And severely limited the Warlocks global usage.

Nothing really has to be said about the Phase Shift being a cheesy af ability. Disabling entire armies with one ability and potentially even setting up a nuke with it is just ludicrous and was thus changed.

The Armor of Fortune hp reduction was neccessary as the Farseer was too strong in the early game with this change. While she may not be the Eldar hero that applies the most pressure in T1 she definitely was the best mid- to late-game Eldar hero. Giving her such a big early advantage severly skews the matchups in her favor.

With the cost AND energy reduction of the Spirit Stones, the wargear was overperforming. No brain-twisting science here.

Guardian Weapon Team population cost did allow Shuriken spam and it did not reflect the performance of this squad. It was therfore normalized.

The Falcons overperformance at bashing gens at lightning speed was toned down giving your opponent a time window where you can at least defend your farm. On top of that we lowered its Fotm capabilities to make moving away from a Falcon a viable strategy. The combat performance of the Falcon has been untouched so that it remains a very good deterrent.

Since Ranger dmg output was buffed with the last patch, the buff to their movement speed (i.e. setup times) was not undone. We corrected that to reflect this change.

Orks
For an explanation of the Warboss shoota range change, read "Chaos Lord sidearm range"

The Better Kombat Kit was supposed to help the Kommando Nob to stay on the field longer which it sadly didn't. In return the energy increase was removed from the armor.

Imperial Guard
Inquisitor's Judgement causes too many cheesy one shots of squads especially out of infiltration; the retreat modifier should somewhat help to prevent those.

Leman Russ sight range is massively longer than those of comparable tanks like Predator or Looted Tank (55 compared to 40). In conjunction with the long weapon range of the Vanquisher it probably has too much of an advantage over the others. Lowering the range to 45 will reduce this advantage slightly.

Baneblade is too cheap and too rushable at the moment. Accordingly the price gets increased while giving it back some of its old combat prowess.

Space Marines
CORRECTION: Not all changes are in debate.

We genuinely believe that it is self-evident that the Terminator Force Commander is massively overperforming for its current price. Simply reducing his hp pool would be a greater nerf than reverting his cost. As the game progresses, more and more units have access to anti-heavy infantry weaponry which also works great vs the TFC. Reducing his hp by 1000 would severly cripple him. His combat prowess and his toughness are not the issue here as most if not all factions can deal with him. The issue arose when his cost was lowered which in return allowed players to rush him. They now had access to a Terminator model with 2500 hp, a teleport, Battlecry, Powerfist and the option to retreat. Consider that this only sounds strong if you can rush him due to his low cost. We therfore agreed to revert his price changes and leave his hp pool untouched.

Sternguard AV was massively overperforming after its recent buff. The return to "pre-heresy" values was definitely in order as Space Marines already have the best transitional AV options in the game.

Tyranids
tba
Last edited by Adeptus Noobus on Wed 24 Jan, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crog
Level 2

Postby crog » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 2:39 pm

I like those changes so far thanks for sharing and involving us,
however here are my thoughts on some points(mostly eldar since it is my main race):

Buggs:
It´s annoying if some units like setups and wraithguards get stuck after leaving the webgate. Is there a fix possible?

Good chaos changes overall , especially cl bolter was annoying picking units at long range.

Warlock:
Restoration Field healing effect no longer stacks with base health regeneration. That is ok.
Swift Movement global cost reduced from 100 to 85. Good decision, 100 was to expensive like I have said before the patch.

Warp Spider Exarch:
Phase Shift radius reduced from 15 to 10. Not sure if necassary, since ps is underperforming compared to retail.

Farseer:
Armour of Fortune health increase reduced from 200 to 150. Don´t think that fs is so tanky even with 50 hp more, but fine.
Spirit Stones energy cost increased from 70 to 75.

Guardian Weapon Team:
Population cost increased from 3 to 4. (9 to 12 for whole squad) That´s good.

Falcon:
Damage modifier on the eld_pulse_laser vs Building_Light reduced from 1.5 to 0.75. (venom_cannon_pvp)
Eld_dual_shuriken_catapults_fire_prism and eld_scatter_laser fire on the move accuracy reduced from 100% to 75%.
Sight range reduced from 45 to 40.

This is the only thing which I disagree completely, after nerfing the shield the dps and the speed movement of falcons, why do you nerf it even more?

Rangers:
Setup and Teardown time increased from .75 and .5 seconds to 1 and .75 seconds respectively. Yes, very much needed. Good decision.

The nids changes sounds good, I like the Zoanthrope healing idea.
LA deserved buffs, and I think since LA is struggling a bit with AV compared to the other 2 heros Venom dropp could be good.
Not sure about TG dropp though, lets see how it goes.

Further balance things which need a look at (in my opinion).:
CL immolate ability on gen farms too strong.
Boss pole giving 20% increaded health on all allied units is too much.
Shoot em good on a melle hero in my opinion overperforming.
Apo´s full auto needs a look at I guess.
FC Terminator armor is too cheap for that what it gives (a 2500hp teleporting tank with a mighty fist), I think most people agree on this.
FC Terminator heavy flamer burning all gens at once sucks .

FS default shurikan cannon dealing hardly 2,4 DPS according to the codex (I think this was buffed not sure though).
Lately I talked to boss and he confirmed that Fire prism need a look at ( dmg or speed improvements).
Why are Seer Council kept on 1 squad while you can make as many nobs or terminators as you want?
Eldritch too easily dogded and reducing its 50% dmg was too much of a nerf, give it at least 75% from last patch.

Dark reapers are hardly ever used and underperforming. My suggest would be to change the dmg type into plasma_pvp since they are suppossed to be a counter to super heavy infantry and eldar struggles vs terminator.

Just my thoughts.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 3:47 pm

Quick question, you mentioned that Havocs was a Caletos thing. What actually happened to him? I thought this was his baby? Just out of curiosity.

Everything else as I said is pretty welcomed! Rangers really need that set up time :D
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 4:34 pm

crog wrote:Dark reapers are hardly ever used and underperforming. My suggest would be to change the dmg type into plasma_pvp since they are suppossed to be a counter to super heavy infantry and eldar struggles vs terminator.

Dark Reapers are one of these units that require synergy with other units. They are tricky to use but if you use them right, they will be absolutely devastating. Ever checked their range? It is the same as the Falcon. They synergize extremely well.
Giving them plasma_pvp would actually be a berf really. Yes, they'd deal more dmg vs HI and SHI but less vs everything else. Dark Reapers are just fine. Eldar in general is in a very good spot right now.

https://www.dawnofwar.info/elite/damagetype.php?dam=inferno_pvp
https://www.dawnofwar.info/elite/damagetype.php?dam=plasma_pvp
The great Cornholio
Level 2

Postby The great Cornholio » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 4:55 pm

Curse of Tzeentch’s effect is now canceled on retreat.

Glad you took my advice Atlas and dident ruin icon of tzeentch.. The original idea was just horrible.
removing the curse on retreat should fix the problem

Subjugation now grants the Sorceror 20% damage resistance for the duration of the effect.

Asked Torpid for this a year ago.. but glad its finally coming.
Schepp himself
Level 3

Postby Schepp himself » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 5:34 pm

egewithin wrote:[...]
3-) I think Venom Brood drop insted of spore mine drop is a bad idea. I mean I will always ask for genestelaers but that's not gonna happen. :( Anyway, I would say it can be changed for a Warrior Brood drop. Because LA players are focusing on melee in general.
4-) Zoanthrope channeld heal for fexes is unnecessery and may lead a lot of game breaking actions in matches. It sounds awsome, but I don't think it is a logical move. In the other hand, I liked the new fire modes of zoanthrope, good idea. :)

3')I wanted to suggest a Genestealer drop in for the LA because of - sorry - fluff reasons: Genestealers are often part of the Tyranid vanguard army which has Lictors in it, too.

4') As said in the other thread, firing modes are awesome. The healing idea is fun but I'm on the fence if it's necessary. Is it really an issue in 1v1 games?

Eldar changes are all good, imo.

Regarding the Dark Reapers: I think they are good as it is, Eldar T2 is pretty tasty. What angers me however is that the exarch powers are somewhat...non existent. In the tabletop he can get an eldar missle launcher or a tempest launcher (think barrage weaponry) which is pretty cool. In the elite mod he has nothing of this kind. Sad.

Keep up the good work!

Greets
Schepp himself
Greets schep himself thingy
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 5:47 pm

Atlas wrote:Zoanthrope:
Now has the Symbiosis upgrade. Unlocks at T3. Cost set to 100/25.
Symbiosis upgrade unlocks the Symbiosis ability.

Symbiosis -
Mend the wounds of a monstrous creature with your psychic might. Channeled ability. Heals an allied monstrous creature for 20 hp/s for 10 seconds. Cooldown 60 seconds. Range 15. Energy cost set to 70.

I'm lovin it.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:47 pm

To clarify Tharx's questions, yes the Zoanthrope would affect all monstrous creatures including the TG.

Keep in mind that the TG call in is not a drop, it just spawns in base just like the Seer Council one.

As for Caeltos, he's been retired for some time now. He's always welcome to come back but he seems happy enough atm from what I know the last time I talked to him. Torp then took over, but he got severe burnout this last time around so he was uninvolved this time around. I was basically left to mind the shop and I figured this time I would try for the all-collaborative approach.
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:04 pm

Cheers Atlas! I noticed a few names drop from the world and just hoping all was well :)
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:06 pm

Indeed, well done Atlas. You have been a great mediator in this balance process and I really feel like we are moving in the right direction now.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:12 pm

^

Glad to see you bringing the old veterans back into the balancing process.
Professional Asshole
Level 1

Postby Professional Asshole » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 12:11 am

Personally I think were going in the wrong direction with OM, the conversion beamer basically turns purgs into a devastator squad. OM needs better AV but it can be accomplished without turning us into Space Marines lite.

Suggestion 1: Razorback lascannon change, keep damage as normal but give the lascannon a speed snare that slows down enemy vehicle by 20%. Idea is to give the razorback enough bite to be a deterrent but not to turn it into a bona fide tank hunter.

Suggestion 2: Give the Librarian a "curse of the machine spirit" ability, which basically shutdowns a vehicle for 3 secs.

Suggestion 3: See my thoughts on purgs below.

Either of those would work in all honesty.

On Purgs: I think in all honesty that it's the wrong idea to turn purgs into devastators lite, personally I would swap them with the Vindicare (suitably modified for t1) and have them serve in t2 as a "quasi" artillery support squad. They would come out of the bag with psilencers (for anti infantry) and could purchase a psycannon upgrade (for anti vehicle work, psycannons would have the AoE removed in exchange for being highly effective against vehicles).

On the topic of psilencers I would lower the damage by 10-15, that should make up for their splash damage.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 4:40 am

@Suggestion 1:
That would be incredibly OP. I can’t stress enough how OP it would be. It’s a vehicle that has speed 8, range 47, 100% fotm and you want to give it a snaring effect....

@Suggestion 2:
Elaborate

@Suggestion 3:
Purgation need to lose splash ASAP. There is no justification for them to be able to outperform Autocannons.

In general: if you make balance suggestions, elaborate on why it should be that way and why it would be balanced.
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 7:15 am

thanks a lot mod team for the continued support!
TharxGamma
Level 2

Postby TharxGamma » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:20 am

Professional Asshole wrote:
Suggestion 2: Give the Librarian a "curse of the machine spirit" ability, which basically shutdowns a vehicle for 3 secs.

I presume you mean like the pysker in DOW 1? A slow might be better idea.
LOCALgHOST
Level 3

Postby LOCALgHOST » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 1:10 pm

support OM Librarian "slow" idea.

and plz buff apo's nade :)
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 3:15 pm

booooo no range reduction for the fatties!!! :(
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 6:18 pm

oh well I might as well rant again :) I don't play WSE (yet) but is phase shift still over-performing in the current state, with the 5 secs 40% damage reduction and 100 damage eldritch? Or is the range reduction conditioned to bringing back the center bolts of Eldritch Storm to 200 damage, in the other topic?

The range reduction to 10 is really sizeable, it's good to dis-incentivize boring mechanics but it shouldn't punish more creative but less seen uses like protecting your own troops from a nuke... just like warp rift is not only about set-up team sniping. If the problem is only the combo, wouldn't it be safer to tweak the existing post-shift resistance or find something else?

As of catching several units if blobbed... well that's really part of the deal, even more so in 3v3. Eldar wargear is an important part of their relevance in T3 as said many times elsewhere, if they are toxic maybe they should be reworked, not nerfed?

(edit: if no one likes this ability because of the combo you could even totally change its purpose and let the affected squads move, friend and foe alike)
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 7:06 pm

sup, wiped a double gm and double kasrkin glob with phase eldritch this week

it deserves every nerf it's getting, be grateful the ability is still going to be in the gaem
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 7:17 pm

So even with the phase shift granting a damage reduction to the units it traps, Storm still one shots them? Sounds like an argument to keep Storm damage where it is :P
crog
Level 2

Postby crog » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 8:35 pm

Yes this amazing eldritch, which can´t kill a 100hp hurted banshee squad and you have to be afk to get hitten

The only real strength in t3 and the only counter against big lrd and lrr baneblades is gone, better waste your red for anything else .
well done eldar haters ffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnzjqHAN4RA
at 31:30
Thibix Magnus
Level 2

Postby Thibix Magnus » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 9:07 pm

Forestradio wrote:sup, wiped a double gm and double kasrkin glob with phase eldritch this week

it deserves every nerf it's getting, be grateful the ability is still going to be in the gaem

I don't use it so personally I'll be fine thanks :)

but my question is, if this combo is toxic maybe there is a way to dis-incentivize it while keeping other uses more open. Sometimes I fear that when we nerf an ability we nerf all of its uses, but the combo will still be used, and more elegant uses even less used. My point is about keeping options open, I'm totally fine about smartly nerfing a combo, but these sort of abilities also really allow for play style innovations (that are not seen because of the lazy combo). Dunno if I'm clear but you make it look like I want to keep a cheesy tool I'm not even using :)

(hi btw, it's been a while)
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 9:28 pm

for clarification i was talking about the nerfs to phase shift, not eldritch, thought eldritch was fine b4

only phase shift breaks it

Thibix Magnus wrote:(hi btw, it's been a while)

hi
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 9:43 pm

Eldritch was not fine before not by a long shot was way to good at what it does which was bullshit aoe kill kill kill instanwipe in the mid of it and disable vehicle as well which you can combo way easy with eldar.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Fri 26 Jan, 2018 9:46 pm

Wasn't the instawipe a bug rather than the intended function?

Return to “Balance Discussion”