Sniper scouts overhaul

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Re: Sniper scouts overhaul

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 12:44 pm

CORRECTION:
Apparently sniper_hi does not deal extra damage vs commander armor anymore....Not sure who snuck that change in....
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 7:35 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:CORRECTION:
Apparently sniper_hi does not deal extra damage vs commander armor anymore....Not sure who snuck that change in....

Hmm, this is serious. Bastard wiped all trace of it from the changelog and git history too. Could it be a rogue dow3 dev looking to sabotage our mod?
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:23 pm

Sounds serious indeed if the actual game files were altered. Hope it is only the problem of codex info.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:00 pm

Impregnable wrote:Sounds serious indeed if the actual game files were altered. Hope it is only the problem of codex info.

I believe Myrdal was jokingly implying that no such change was ever made and that I was wrong. I distinctly remember Caeltos saying that they do extra dmg to commander armor though...Age is starting to get the better of me.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 6:40 am

Ace of Swords found the link for me (thank you again):
Caeltos wrote:OLD
SM Sniper between shots
Cooldown - 8
Reload frequency - 1-1
Reload Duration - 4-4
Wind-up - 0
Wind-down - 0
Damage - 170
12s between shots

Eldar Ranger between shots
Cooldown - 3.5
Reload Frequency - 1-1
Reload Duration - 3-3
wind up - 0.2
wind down - 0.8
Damage - 160
7.5s between shots

Damage vs Armor
Commander - 0.6
Infantry - 1.0
Infantry Fire Resist - 1.0
Heavy Armor - 1.0
Super Heavy - 1.0
Vehicle - 0.05

The Idea behind it
Hard-hitting that makes an overbundance a very anti-fun experience to play with. Their bleed potential makes certain matchups abit one-dimensional to play that heavily encourages Ranger useage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW
SM Sniper between shots
Cooldown - 3.5
Reload frequency - 1-1
Reload Duration - 2-2
Wind-up - 0.2
Wind-down - 0.8
Damage - 90
6.5s between shots

Eldar Ranger between shots
Cooldown - 2.0
Reload Frequency - 1-1
Reload Duration - 3-3
wind up - 0
wind down - 0
Damage - 80
5s between shots

Damage vs Armor
Commander - 1.0
Infantry - 1.0
Infantry Fire Resist - 1.0
Heavy Armor - 1.3
Super Heavy - 1.3
Vehicle - 0.05

The Idea behind it
The Idea is to make Sniper less frustrating to play against, but open up their usefulness in other matchups more against the overall infantry and potential to bleed the enemy commander health pool. For ex. Their utility vs Guardsmen/Tyranid will improve to bleed hormagaunt/termagant or commanders more effectively, but they are countered more heavily by rush-down units like Genestealers/Ogryns in response, since they can quickly close the gap without taking to much damage. This is abit of a simple explanation on the overall change - but overall, the sniper play is a pretty concensual anti-fun experience, but the change in mind should both make it more fun to play with, and against. You have more time to react, but you're forced to react nontheless since the damage spunges should occur more frequently, but less impactful.

PS. Some text and values are slightly incorrect , but by only a very very small margin. (wind-down is after a shot for ex.)

I was right then but not about the Codex being wrong.
Myrdal
Admin

Postby Myrdal » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:26 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:
Impregnable wrote:Sounds serious indeed if the actual game files were altered. Hope it is only the problem of codex info.

I believe Myrdal was jokingly implying that no such change was ever made and that I was wrong. I distinctly remember Caeltos saying that they do extra dmg to commander armor though...Age is starting to get the better of me.

I wasn't out to prove you wrong on some silly stat, but I was amazed that you thought there's some cloak and dagger patching going on when you didn't find the extra damage modifier. It was a bit of a troll response, but I found it amusing so there.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:58 pm

Purgation dealing splash with their Psycannons *cough* :P

Return to “Balance Discussion”