Range/damage on Psycannons

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
PhatE
Level 3

Range/damage on Psycannons

Postby PhatE » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 3:53 am

It's been a long time since I played against GK (or this game) and Psycannons seemed to be hitting from ages away. As in, 1.5 times the range of devs.

I assume that their range simply isn't that long and it's just the standard dev range. My guess is that if you happen to get inside of range then they unload an entire mag regardless of whether you move back or not, just as long as you got within range they unload it all. This isn't dissimilar to how las cannons can still shoot beyond their range and hit things when it goes outside the arc.

Is this the intention behind whatever committee decided that this how it's going to be? I would have thought that perhaps they'd stop firing given they can't see you after pulling back.
Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/phatness_

Since everyone forgets, my timezone is AEST (UTC/GMT) +10 hours. AEDT is (UTC/GMT) +11 hours. Hopefully no-one tells me what time any tournament is on.
Phoenix

Re: Range/damage on Psycannons

Postby Phoenix » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 6:26 am

They have autocannon-like range (55) and might finish their burst just like autocannons do when walking out of the firing arc?
Batpimp
Level 4

Postby Batpimp » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 5:32 am

yea their ranged is far too much...you cant do nothing but jump in but then you have ALL the GK melee counters..range and dmg is to much regardless of setup
Eternal Crusade code 4 extra points FOR YOU!:
EC-ULA1Q6C1USBP0
twitch.tv/batpimp/
twitter: @Batpimpn
Starter guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=877
Advanced strategy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718
Antandron
Level 2

Postby Antandron » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 8:15 am

-
Last edited by Antandron on Thu 02 Dec, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 9:53 am

idk why there damage went up in the first place cos in 2.7.1 damage was increase already but there setup time was increase for this
Psilencers setup/teardown times increased from .5/.5 to 4/3.
Psilencer damage per hit increased from 23 to 28.75 (dps increased from 18.4 to 23
but in 2.7.2 there setup time was lowered and got more damage and more range
Psilencer setup and teardown time reduced from 4/3 seconds to 3.5/1.5 seconds
Psilencer range increased from 49 to 55.
Rending no longer increases weapon range by 6.
Psilencer damage per hit increased from 28.75 to 31.25.

Just fucking wrong one of the worst changes ive seen for a while they do just about the same damage as mark of tzeentch chaos Marines while having more range and splash damage even tho torpid says it was remove somehow cos it was never on the change log so he talking shit so blame him but hey that's why he was remove from head balance and for many other reason and just look at this vid if you think thay are fine

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/211263004
Forums great more stuff to talk about.

Return to “Balance Discussion”