Eldritch got overnerfed

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
crog
Level 2

Eldritch got overnerfed

Postby crog » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:37 pm

I have used it now several times in the new patch, it can´t even finish an unleveled hurted marine squat or a low hp tank. Furthermore it is easily dogded and doesn´t do dmg anymore.

Since eldar is very fragile, Eldritch has been the only hope to counter t3 tanks,landraiders and baneblades. Now it´s not worth going t3 and spending 500 red for it , i´ll rather drop autarch 3 times or spend it on gates.

Was this really necessary?
Swift

Re: Eldritch got overnerfed

Postby Swift » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:58 pm

I think the Eldritch is fine as it is. It doesn't wipe clumped squads like crazy, the disruption it does is really handy to capitalise on, and the AOE is alrge enough that Land Raiders still get caught by a few bolts.

If you're using an Eldritch as your only counter to tier 3 vehicles, then you've got completely the wrong handle on it. For the most part, all nukes support a push. In rare occasions an isolated nuke will be enough to finish a couple of units off, but usually you waste a lot of red by doing this if the enemy notice it.

Eldar also have plenty of options to deal with tier 3 vehicles. They have snares from Warp Spiders, and an AOE slow in the form of Time Field. These are both good to combo with their mainstay AV options, such as the Brightlance which does some of the highest AV damage for a setup team, Fire Dragons, Bright lance Wraithlord, Falcon (for light AV). And in their tier 3 roster you have the slightly temperamental D cannons, Fire Prisms, which out-range just about everything, and if you're very desperate, the Avatar.

This is disregarding heavy melee commander items as well as things like phase shift, which whilst being nerfed considerably since its retail version, can allow your army to reposition to take down any vehicles.
The internal battery has run dry, the game can now be played. However, clock based events will no longer occur.
crog
Level 2

Postby crog » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 1:58 pm

In my opinion thats the issue, you need about 3-4 av units which are easily countered and special abilities to counter a tank or walker . The investment is too high and it is so much more skill requiered.
One to snare , one to do dmg and so on. While other factions have units like lascannon plague marines which can deal with them on their own , without spending much resources.
Btw and avatar will do shit vs a lrd.
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 3:23 pm

BEST NERF EVER (It has nothing to do with me hating the eldar wink wink)
Eldritch seems ok at this stage, i mean even rocks which is a powerful nuke regularly doesnt kill anything . in my pov best nukes atm are Rocket run - Imperial Abyss . the rest are ok
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
crog
Level 2

Postby crog » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 4:05 pm

Rostam we know that you hate Eldar ;)
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 9:55 pm

crog wrote:Was this really necessary?
Yes.
crog wrote:In my opinion thats the issue, you need about 3-4 av units which are easily countered and special abilities to counter a tank or walker.
4 units to counter one tank? Don't be ridiculous. Not going to get any serious response like this.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 10:10 pm

Well generally nukes are not really good at killing tanks. They have to hit perfectly and your enemy shoudln't respond to your nuke. And even then, they don't kill a tank like old Eldritch before the nerf.

I don't know the last patch about Eldritch, but I don't think rest of the bolts are better than before. Eldritch shouldn't be able to kill tanks like before I agree, but now it is just worthless since it doesn't kill anything. I think center bolt damage should be decreased from 200 to 150 insted of 200 to 100.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 3:15 am

Eldritch got nerf for a reason it was the best nuke in the game disable tanks, did shiitton of damage and a very small time window to react.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 4:42 am

Eldritch is still an amazing nuke - hell, I would pay 200-300 red for an aoe ~15 sec vehicle snare and nothing else if I was eldar. Eldar players need to get over the fact that they cant make tanks disappear with the click of a button anymore - that was never fair and it's good that you can't do that anymore.

Return to “Balance Discussion”