Question in regards to Nobz abilities vs other races

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Wikkyd
Level 1

Question in regards to Nobz abilities vs other races

Postby Wikkyd » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 6:14 am

How comes nobz have the ability to go invulnerable and break suppression, while being able to take on any super heavy unit, that isn't a call in, toe to toe. Other races have an ability that causes squad to not die, but they still take damage, On top of this, the hammer increase the damage the squad does as well with every hit. Why don't other races get similar attributes, like ranged terminators, shouldn't they get something like chapter's fury that increases their damage with every hit, or the kasrkin, with dedication to the causes (I don't know I'm just making names up at this point.) Increasing their ranged damage on single squads that resets everytime they are out of combat or switch targets.

The amount of work you get from nobz is incredible compared to other races. They are practically an army in themselves honestly.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Re: Question in regards to Nobz abilities vs other races

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 6:45 am

Nobz are now no longer invulnerable but are granted x % dmg resistance. Nobz are also slow and easy to kite. They are only Heavy Infantry so their counters are usually easy to come by. All that for a combined cost of 750/200. Yeah, they better get some work done.

On the issue of e.g. Terminators: Every SM hero has the ability to make their units deal more dmg. Terminators do inspire with each model kill, inspiring all other units around them, causing them to deal more dmg. FC can activate Battlecry and put "For The Emperor" on them. Apothecary can use his "Combat Stimulants" and the Techmarine can use "Mark Target" on everything. Combined with the Inspiration mechanic, prolonged fights with lots of model kills, can become pretty crazy due to the inspiration mechanic.
Inspire
Killing enemies in melee inspires (non-Terminator) allied infantry in radius 35, increasing their damage by 5% and lowering received suppression by 10% for 15 seconds. Also restores 20 courage. Passive ability.

Terminators can also teleport and have far superior support options from the rest of the army roster (e.g. Librarian). If e.g. Assault Terminators had the ability to become invulnerable they would be absolutely batshit insane crazy OP.

Since I hardly ever play IG I won't comment on them.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 8:03 am

TL;DR

Because the ork t2 is very req heavy and prone to bleed and is utterly useless vs tanks/SHI units.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 4:27 pm

Torpid wrote:TL;DR

Because the ork t2 is very req heavy and prone to bleed and is utterly useless vs tanks/SHI units.

Tanks? Alright I will give you that one.
But saying ork t2 with units such as weirdboy, stormboyz, sluggas or deff dreads etc. couldnt slaughter ogryns, tyrant guards or terminators???????? :shock:
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 7:32 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Torpid wrote:TL;DR

Tanks? Alright I will give you that one.
But saying ork t2 with units such as weirdboy, stormboyz, sluggas or deff dreads etc. couldnt slaughter ogryns, tyrant guards or terminators???????? :shock:

Obviously not oggies/TG. but terms, ava and guo.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!

Return to “Balance Discussion”