2.7.1 Test Build Changelog (only log for now)

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
lomors
Level 2

Re: 2.7.1 Test Build Changelog (only log for now)

Postby lomors » Sat 16 Sep, 2017 10:00 pm

Hey just a small think but don't you think since eldar nuke is getting nerfed that phase shift damage resistance is now pointless? Discuss. ;x
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:40 am

about the Strike squad psy-bolt snare remove in T1 ,it is good news indeed. The SS range damage still a bit high but much better now (a bit more cost for that upgrade can fix it)

about the strike squad upgrades in T1 though i have a suggestion :
15 power for nemesis-focus upgrade
20 power for psy-bolt upgrade
This way the melee strike squad (nemesis-focus upgrade) in T1 also gets more attention
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:44 am

lomors wrote:Hey just a small think but don't you think since eldar nuke is getting nerfed that phase shift damage resistance is now pointless? Discuss. ;x

I saw an eldar nuke dealt about 3000 damage to a land raider crusader in single burst so that is a nerf which i think is good
here is the example of what i am talking about . look at 20:52
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leon Tolstoy
Kvn
Level 3

Postby Kvn » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 4:35 pm

Rostam313 wrote:I saw an eldar nuke dealt about 3000 damage to a land raider crusader in single burst so that is a nerf which i think is good
here is the example of what i am talking about .

I'm pretty sure that's just a glitch that happens sometimes due to the interactions of the nuke and the units inside the Land Raider. The Eldritch doesn't do that much damage normally. In most cases, it will only do about half to two-thirds the hp of big vehicles.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 17 Sep, 2017 6:29 pm

Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 1:03 am

I'm super excited to see how the removal of shee leap pans out. I'd be curious to see how their chase potential will improve when combined with enhance and swift movement.
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 2:50 am

I'd not be surprised if the problem doesn't persist till the WL's global is reworked considering it also affects allies too.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:33 am

Not the case. You can cap speed increases on a unit so that anything over a certain level won't affect it further. In fact I'm pretty sure that already happens atm with regards to fleet and swift movement.

Having seen the planned banshee charge in use it's 'meh'. It is good enough to not make them useless and with speed buffs and especially the autarch's jump stacked with fleet, yeah they can do some work. But certainly nothing like before.

For example the plague marine snare affects them such that they can't actually ever catch up to kiting PMs even if they proc their charge since it is an abnormally slow charge =P
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:48 am

Banshee speed is already capped so there should be really no change. Executed Ogryns still fastest unit in the game Kappa
Having tested Eldar in 2.7.1 I must say that Banshees finally feel more reactive again and good micro is rewarded again (fuck you leap-into-being-naded). The charge is also not as fast as it used to be so it's really ok. The main improvement though is a by-product: they are no longer knockback-immune while charging. That only happened with the leap.
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 5:19 pm

Torpid wrote:For example the plague marine snare affects them such that they can't actually ever catch up to kiting PMs even if they proc their charge since it is an abnormally slow charge =P

What?

Shees are 5.5 speed with +2 on the charge, so 7.5 speed.

PM aura is -20% speed on the target, so 6 speed for shees on charge.
PMs move at 4.5 speed.

Am I missing something here?

EDIT: So, for the testers, if everything alright with the patch?
Impregnable
Level 4

Postby Impregnable » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 7:51 pm

I don't think nemesis vortex ability should be able to move after being casted. No other disruption ability allow u to actually move the point of impact after it is casted. Jump assaults, grenades, and any other means forces u to cast it on a location and it doesn't move. In comparison, vortex is the only disruption ability that can move after being casted and also is quite fast and last long too before it blows up making it impossible to dodge in many cases. At current state, I feel it is more like a movable and delayed impact mortal shell from AS.
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
"From the United Kingdom!"
"I'm looking for heaven!"
"I'm going to California!"
"Excalibur!"
"Excalibur!"
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 8:01 pm

Atlas wrote:EDIT: So, for the testers, if everything alright with the patch?

Not sure wether Adila mentioned this already but when we were 1v1ing, he was unable to upgrade his Chaos Terminators for the duration of the game.
I currently don't have the time during the week to play the testing build much. I will however put in a few hours this weekend.

What I can tell you is that the Banshee charge works flawlessly and is also counterable by knockback again. @Torpid: that means Catas are fine vs Banshees again 8-) you can now safely finally fix their shotgun blast. It is very much needed. Also makes that 2.8 Sent change obsolete.

Hormas should also get fixed while 2.7.1 still is in beta. Their overperformance has been mentioned time and time again by multiple people. Their chasing potential with the dmg on the leap is over the top to say the least.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 8:19 pm

HORMGGAUNTS OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

lel they been the same since retail and only now you saying they op my god im getting sick of players qq about tyranids saying they op take away they speed and chase potential they just be a worse slugga version.

Speed and chase is what make them good without it they poor

Also to note they don't do damage with they leap without they upgrade if you really want to nerf them more them remove the leap without they upgrade and add with but I be sad
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:34 pm

Calm down, I have not personally attacked you. I am hardly QQing merely pointing out what many have already pointed out over quite some time. Their charging potential might indeed need another look at since they are not only good at flanking, which I agree is what they should be good at, but also at retreat killing.

Since those 2 units were the most complained about when considering retreat killing here are the stats:

Banshees - Speed 5.5 - Charge Speed +2 - Charge Range 12 - Charge Duration 4 - Melee dps/pop (vs HI 2.3; vs Inf 1.79)
Hormas - Speed 6.5 - Charge Speed +3 - Charge Range 8 - Charge Duration 4 - Melee dps/pop (vs HI 2.75; vs Inf 2.75)
AG-Horm - Speed 6.5 - Charge Speed +3 - Charge Range 12 - Charge Duration 4 - Melee dps/pop (vs HI 3.03; vs Inf 3.03)

Adrenal Glands adds another +4 Charge Range and +10% dmg/health and adds the leap + dmg on every leap.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 12:18 am

People think horms are over-performing? Aren't they the weakest of the T1 melee units with upgrades?
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 12:34 am

Oddnerd wrote:People think horms are over-performing? Aren't they the weakest of the T1 melee units with upgrades?

If you only look at their hp/model, then yes, they are. If you look at the stats I presented here, then you see a different picture being painted. Let me be super precise then: I don't think Hormagaunts are overpowered. I do however think that their retreat killing potential is on the OTT side.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 1:45 am

They not the weak unit just diffent from other melee units

melee skill only 55 can be improved with melee synapse come t2

low heath aoe kill them very quick aka special attacks and well since 55 melee yea

do good damage and since 8 of them can stack very quick

and last very quick and good a chase kills

So as you can see low heath, low melee skill, but good damage and quick plus good at chase now you want to take that away from them :(

I just find it funny now you want to nerf them and only comparing them to she's for this reason? I am calm just surprised the only other people I know cry about them are wl main and cl main of all things so yea not good reason
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 3:03 am

Only issue I have with the hormas is their leap much like banshees, but with how they don't have an instasuppress ability and are more prone to getting shot up while attempting to close in, it's not as bullshit and even tolerable. Sometimes. That one single model getting through and tying your guys up is annoying for sure. The dmg on leap needs to be looked at though, since on principle if the leap procs it'll invariably hit the model even if retreating at max speed and do bonus damage no less. Still not something I'd personally annoy Atlas with like the banshee issue though, nor something I'd be too heartbroken if persists. They're different enough from banshees as it is, to say nothing of how they function with the rest of the tyranid roster and globals on the field.

But then again this is coming from the guy who'd rather have no unit leap at all whatsoever, including that leap ASM have. Holding a grudge to having a model glitch around the map after retargeting mid-leap and ending up tying up one of my important guys when it shouldn't have been able to.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:36 pm

GK AV is OTT now:

Conversion Beamer (also snares)
Operatives with Melta Bomb
Strike Squad with Psycannons
Vindicare Assassin
Lascannon Rhino
Interceptors with Psycannons and Melta Bombs (can teleport)

That are just way too many sources of light or hard av.
Oddnerd
Level 4

Postby Oddnerd » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 2:07 am

I agree with Morgan, the GK had good soft AV to compensate for having no conventional hard AV. Now that they have a hard av with snare, the high amount of soft AV just puts them OTT.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 12:04 pm

egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 2:33 pm

Adeptus Noobus wrote:

Lasrhino is terrible so no, GK needs more AV than before.
evilmario5
Level 2

Postby evilmario5 » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 4:44 pm

2 Interceptors with justicars (psycannons)(tier3 unit), + chaos Nuke and Flank(type of map for it) = Dead Land Raider Phobos. Show casing the late game best case for intercepters good for you.
yes I play gk/om a bit no hate plz
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 9:25 pm

@ege:
You better be joking. If not... If you are, work on your sense of humor.

@evilmario: The fact that a teleport unit equipped with a melta bomb and anti all high-burst ranged weaponry can do this to a LR variant is quite hilarious. And if you look close enough, you will see that the nuke had no involvement in this whatsoever because the LRP wasn't even in the area that deals the significant portion of the dmg.

Health damage 20
Firing pattern

wind up 0 burst duration 3–3 reload frequency 10–12
wind down 0 cooldown 0.5 reload duration 2–2

So one squad deals 540 explosive_pvp until it has to reload.

EDIT: Fun fact - I haven't even included the splash dmg.
Tex
Level 4

Postby Tex » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 3:35 am

@ Torpid,

Please watch the recent games where Yaay abuses the hell out of Ricemuncher with 4x rangers. You might think again before giving rangers at 20 power any "needed" buffs...

On the topic of rangers... I have been playing a lot of eldar lately and I find them to be in an excellent spot. They put damage on stuff and can be used for great detection and utility, and don't feel toxic at all by simply killing expensive models and then retreating. Why do they need any changes at all?
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 5:39 am

Adeptus Noobus wrote:

That is without the "Mind Blades" buff
Brother captain can also buff them with Nemesis Force Sword so They do even more damage
with those buffs they would melt the Landraider even faster
Rostam
Level 4

Postby Rostam » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 5:43 am

Tex wrote:@ Torpid,

Please watch the recent games where Yaay abuses the hell out of Ricemuncher with 4x rangers. You might think again before giving rangers at 20 power any "needed" buffs...

On the topic of rangers... I have been playing a lot of eldar lately and I find them to be in an excellent spot. They put damage on stuff and can be used for great detection and utility, and don't feel toxic at all by simply killing expensive models and then retreating. Why do they need any changes at all?

do u have the replay?
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 12:58 pm

Tex wrote:@ Torpid,

I will take a look.

to be honest ranger buffs are mostly whiner appeasing. I personally see little problem with them. I think the holo-field damage buff is acceptable, but a damage buff to their default state probably not.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 1:48 pm

Piff it sad the only use for ranges is to spam them to get anything out of them how sad.

Just make the damage from next patch for ranges put onto the upgrade simply
Sheitan
Level 0

Postby Sheitan » Sun 15 Oct, 2017 11:09 am

Any news?!

Return to “Balance Discussion”