OM Feedback

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
Cyris
Level 4

OM Feedback

Postby Cyris » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 10:53 pm

Hey all! Now that 2.6.1 has fixed IST from being unintentionally broken, I'd love to hear feedback on how they are playing. Let us know your experiences with the faction, builds that work and don't, and overall health of the faction. Everything is on the table: Go!
Oddnerd
Level 4

Re: OM Feedback

Postby Oddnerd » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 11:15 pm

Speaking from the perspective of someone who faces them I think this patch is a big improvement. IST abuse is not viable build anymore, and making the SS melee special dependent on an upgrade makes them less likely to completely steam roll your melee units in the first couple engagements.
Element
Level 3

Postby Element » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 1:28 am

Hey all! Now that 2.6.1 has fixed IST from being unintentionally broken, I'd love to hear feedback on how they are playing. Let us know your experiences with the faction, builds that work and don't, and overall health of the faction. Everything is on the table: Go!

-Hey There Cyris, it's been quite a while. I'll have your feedback as to all I think about the changes since I've been away when I play a few games,as I am currently not up to date with the changes, note there have been quite a few, and need to still address most likely some other previously non mentioned Ordeo Malleus matters of subject hand. In addition we need some more players for the Faction Wars Tournament to play GK as of right now if I choose to join in Saturday.
"The meaning of life is to have purpose, and the purpose of life is what you choose to make of it, in addition to what you come to understand along the way."

"Because I choose to."

"The humble person knows not everything, nor nothing at all, but certainly something worth knowing."
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 2:18 am

Nemesis Vortex is ridiculous.

Interceptors are stupid too. They just delete so many things way too fast.
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 3:45 am

Dark Riku wrote:Nemesis Vortex is ridiculous.

Interceptors are stupid too. They just delete so many things way too fast.

Nemmy vortex is bugged...

doing 80 damage instead of 30 :L

Not sure about interceptors.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 3:56 am

Have you labbed them yet? Just have them firing at anything, especially vehicle types :) /delete
Psycho
Level 3

Postby Psycho » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 4:11 am

Dark Riku wrote:Have you labbed them yet?

Lad, nobody labs anything ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 5:59 am

Well i Think om needs to rely more now on the brother captain and a wise man told me that fast tech is the way in 3v3 and i guess 2v2. And by the way vortex is broken idd, someone who "accidently" blobs can be rekt by one vortex alone.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Postby Aguxyz » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 6:33 am

The Licking Boogyman wrote:a wise man told me that fast tech is the way in 3v3 and i guess 2v2.
fast tech is the way to go, if you dont know how to utilize om t2, they have some fun units to play around with purifiers,GK libby termi with brother captain wargear is legit
Last edited by Aguxyz on Fri 24 Mar, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Atlas

Postby Atlas » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 6:56 am

I've actually been pretty happy with VA into Dread for the t2. VA is very cheap to just throw onto almost any composition and I've just preferred a dread afterwards so far. BC's a bit slow, IST might be just a touch weak, Unending Purge might be a touch weak, the Aegis change is good, Rhinos might still be a touch strong, Dread is good, Puris might still be weak, Libby is good, I like where Ops and Purgs are mostly but PsiPurg av might be a bit weak, I think GKTerms and Palas are mostly fine now, LRC is fine, people have mentioned that Ints ranged mode is too good.

Strikes are the odd guy out. Still feels like they don't really have a solid place in the roster :/ Might have to think a bit more about how their upgrades flow into each other.

Overall, I think it's playable. I don't know how "competitive" it is, but I don't think you'll be called an OM abuser outside of Vortex shenanigans atm.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 7:47 am

BC's a bit slow,

Well for his 850 hp thats True. Pretty much slow as a cl and hp as fc.
Shroom
Level 2

Postby Shroom » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 2:14 pm

The Licking Boogyman wrote:Well for his 850 hp thats True. Pretty much slow as a cl and hp as fc.

Slower. Speed 4 vs 4.5.
The Licking Boogyman
Level 3

Postby The Licking Boogyman » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 2:46 pm

Still slow af for his hp. :o
Hutsy
Level 2

Postby Hutsy » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 6:51 pm

Bear in mind, I'm still pretty low skill and I'm learning OM at the moment, I'll throw these comments into the ring:

I don't seem to ever use Operatives, so not sure if having a Shotgun blast would be overkill. For me, they're really hard to manage and pretty much have to flee any engagement.

I'm still struggling on what to go for for AV, so I'm debating about Assassin or upgrading Purgation. This is more my skillset but I do feel short of just going Rhino every time, AV is an issue until you get to T3 with Interceptors

If Interceptors were to be toned down, poor OM would struggle to bring much to the table against AV late game as Terminators and Paladins can be kited pretty easily
Torpid

Postby Torpid » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:16 pm

Hutsy wrote:Bear in mind, I'm still pretty low skill and I'm learning OM at the moment, I'll throw these comments into the ring:

I don't seem to ever use Operatives, so not sure if having a Shotgun blast would be overkill. For me, they're really hard to manage and pretty much have to flee any engagement.

I'm still struggling on what to go for for AV, so I'm debating about Assassin or upgrading Purgation. This is more my skillset but I do feel short of just going Rhino every time, AV is an issue until you get to T3 with Interceptors

If Interceptors were to be toned down, poor OM would struggle to bring much to the table against AV late game as Terminators and Paladins can be kited pretty easily

Operatives are definitely more of a sneaky 1v1 unit. Dunno if you are playing 1v1 or teams. In teams the frontal-fighting nature of it makes them difficutl to use.

OPs do get a melta bomb in T2 for an AV snare.

Otherwie you typically need rhino or dread + vindi or psycannon purgs.

Idd interceptors need to remain how they are to ensure GK have a legitimate tank counter.
Lets make Ordo Malleus great again!

Return to “Balance Discussion”