assult cannon barrage op

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
karnakkardak
Level 2

assult cannon barrage op

Postby karnakkardak » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 2:09 am

Too strong ork,nid,ig, eldar
Here are reason:

1. Skill cooldown too short:only 50 second. Which mean u can shot every engagement.

2. Demand hard micro to foe player: barrage skill make an arc, absolutly devastating.

3. Too much HP:no decrease HP when upgrade. wraithlord hp already nerfed because synergy with his sidearm. Of course dreadnoght sacrifice a little his melee dmg, but its considered has one dealing skill too.

4. Grenade dmg type: why that weapon dealt already reteated unit, why dealt vehicle. It is just ridiculous. Dmg type need change.

5. Almost impossible countering range av unit:because of his excellent skill, demand, and player should micro control every unit when engaging, its too hard dealing assult dreadnoght. Time to need melee av unit. BUT most space marine player get backup devastator which mean easily nutralized counter to melee.
Last edited by karnakkardak on Thu 17 Nov, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aguxyz
Level 3

Re: assult cannon dreadnoght op

Postby Aguxyz » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 3:32 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Flash
Level 3

Postby Flash » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 5:11 am

I play orks. The barrage is strong. Whenever it screws me over though, it's because my micro has gone to crap and I get what I deserve. The barrage is fine I think. it's 550 - 150 in total cost. That's more than termies minus the red cost. More than a leman rus vanilla too.

Amusing side note. The barrage also functions as AV. Pyscho killed a full health razor back with it on rear armor last weekend. Apparently it does explosive damage?
Last edited by Flash on Thu 17 Nov, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Relic
Level 4

Re: assult cannon barrage op

Postby Black Relic » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 5:58 am

Usually when you are facing a Assault Cannon dread you are already wary of the barrage so it doesnt hi all that well since you as a player know when you are a good target.

And yes it does explosive damage. Which is why it hurt in retreat since explosive damage isn't really considered range damage and is not lowered when units are in retreat.

Btw the Assault Barrage's cast range is smaller than the weapon's actual range is. Putting it out of position is a Lascannon is nearby. So if you are having a hard time dealing with it when you have a lascannon that means the player you are facing isn't using the barrage and is being smart on how they use their dread. I mean, an AC dread does cost 550/150 (450/120 for a dread plus 100/30 for the AC upgrade). For cost vs performance i think it under performs when properly dealt with (meaning the dread doesn't get to use its ability all that often).
"...With every strike of his sword, with every word of his speech, does he reaffirm the ideals of our honored master..." -From the Teachings of Roboute Guilliman as laid down in the Apocrypha of Skaros. Space Marines Codex pg. 54
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 6:37 am

To my knowledge IGs HWT can not be knocked back 8-)
Guardsmen can get into a Chimera and completely avoid the Barrage. The Dreadnought loses its melee resistance as well, which does open up the possibility for Ogryns, IF you support them correctly.
boss
Level 3

Postby boss » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 7:16 pm

The assault cannon is fine with the barrage ability it has to be strong to give up melee walker in t2. sms often in 1s always gets one its a key unit in most match ups cos sm don't have strong melee counters come t2 so dread fits that job for you so giving up that for an assault cannon it often a no go.
Forums great more stuff to talk about.
Broodwich
Level 4

Postby Broodwich » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 9:41 pm

Aguxyz wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This
Fas est ab hoste doceri
Paranoid Kamikaze
Level 4

Postby Paranoid Kamikaze » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 5:58 am

You can tell it's going to use its barrage when it moves forward. It has a short range.

It loses its melee resistance with the assault cannon.

Use melee or long range as av.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 10:21 am

Also, the argument that the enemy might have a backup Devastator is kinda meaningless (without sounding rude) since you are playing IG, as in the faction to best deal with setup teams in my oppinion.
This is your second thread about aoe being too damaging to IG, Orks, Nids. But that is because of the way this game works. Against swarmy races (Orks, Nids, IG), aoe dmg sources will always be more helpful and they should be, because being swarmy is also not an easy thing to deal with as your opponent. Your models are cheaper, dps doesn't fall of that fast, generally you will dominate T1. Now if you take away the enemies capacity to counter that at some point, then you are just asking for a free win here.

To be more constructive than my last post, here are some ways to counter AC-Dreadnoughts:
- Lascannon-HWT with Sniper Rifle upgrade on LG
- Lascannon-HWT with Executed member if you are LC (combine with mine drop = dead Dreadnought)
- Lascannon-HWT with Inquisitor simply because Lascannon-HWTs are fucking awesome (can't be suppressed nor knocked back)
- Ogryns with the LG (Medpack, Flak Jacket)
- Ogryns that have one of their members executed (Bionic Eye e.g. because of the restored health and suppression immunity)
- Ogryns that are infiltrated with the support of the Inferno Pistol (that thing has serious range and dmg)

Return to “Balance Discussion”