proposal of karskin plasma gun

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
karnakkardak
Level 2

proposal of karskin plasma gun

Postby karnakkardak » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 3:47 am

In retribution IG singleplay, can get plasma gun ''tiger's gaze' which has AOE option

How about think karskin plasma gun has aoe option with small radius(3)?
Aguxyz
Level 3

Re: proposal of karskin plasma gun

Postby Aguxyz » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 9:03 am

no
"Does the Seer see its own doom!?" -Tau commander
2torpid4u: You still haven't sucked my big pink nipples Agu :(
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:47 pm

How about we just give Kasrkin plasma guns extra range to match the hellguns?
#noobcodex
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Wed 27 Jul, 2016 1:23 am

Nurland wrote:How about we just give Kasrkin plasma guns extra range to match the hellguns?

So Plasma Guns with range 45 are a thing now? Maybe just lower the pricing to make them more attractive. I don't want to see Kasrkins with range 45 Plasma Guns. The only other unit i know of that would compare are Dark Reapers and they only deal 19.02 dps to Heavy Infantry at range 44 (while only having sight radius 40 compared to 50 from the Kasrkins).
Nurland

Postby Nurland » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 10:22 am

Adeptus Noobus wrote:
Nurland wrote:How about we just give Kasrkin plasma guns extra range to match the hellguns?

So Plasma Guns with range 45 are a thing now? Maybe just lower the pricing to make them more attractive. I don't want to see Kasrkins with range 45 Plasma Guns. The only other unit i know of that would compare are Dark Reapers and they only deal 19.02 dps to Heavy Infantry at range 44 (while only having sight radius 40 compared to 50 from the Kasrkins).

Even with HI Armor, nobody wants their Kasrkin to be near the enemy. The normal range is what makes the plasma guns worthless for the current Kasrkin.

Also, Flash Gitz. Blastas with range 46. AoE anti-infantry, HI/SHI damage. They are less susceptible to bleed and have better dakka at a longer range anyway (less utility though). Snazzguns are range 51 with gitfindas.

What the extra range would do is to give someone a reason to get the plasma guns against Tactical marines/Sterns and whatnot. Now the Plasma gun forces your kasrkin into firing range of the enemy units where they do not exactly excel since they are more of a long range pew pew unit than cover to cover slugfest/attrition unit.
#noobcodex

Return to “Balance Discussion”