Cadian Kasrkin Squad with grenade launchers.

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
lolzarz
Level 3

Re: Cadian Kasrkin Squad with grenade launchers.

Postby lolzarz » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 2:16 am

Nurland wrote:I don't think Kasrkin need such a launcher. Honestly reintroducing meltaguns could be a good idea. Kasrkin sarge could also go down in price.

Current Kasrkin GL are fine. Could maybe use a minor buff.

The plasma gun issue is a bit problematic. Long range plasma damage could be a bit ott for IG that already is very very strong in ranged firefights.

The current plasma though is just bad unless you are facing strong (S)HI melee stuff. You lose range and you get bad cost/damage increase ratio when compared to stuff like Tac or GM plasmas.

It seems to me that it might be impractical for kasrkin to enter melta range. Every other melta weapon is either mounted on a vehicle (dreadnought, land raider), stealthed (storm troopers), fast (KCSM, raptors, fire dragons), is a grenade (I assume you know your anti-vehicle grenade sources) or is a hero (inquisitor, techmarine, lord general). Kasrkin have none of those, they're relatively fragile compared to aforementioned units and it forces them to give up their hellgun range, which I would say is their defining characteristic over guardsmen. I'd rather increase the cost of the grenade launcher and then give it krak grenades. I understand melta kasrkin used to be quite effective, but that was in the days of weapon expertise.

What I think of the plasma gun range is that you're actually trading in the ability to repair vehicles for extended range when you buy kasrkin over standard guardsmen. Needless to say, that leman russ executioner is doing far more ranged damage than any infantry squad. So while it increases the firepower that the Imperial Guard have, it makes them easier to kill, even more so when you consider that kasrkin cannot reinforce 3 at a time and they're very expensive to reinforce. I think that's a fair tradeoff. Again, 38 range forces kasrkin to give up their range advantage to actually shoot with all weapons. If I had wanted 38 range infantry, why would I not take guardsmen?
WEE AR DA SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE AR DA EMPRAH'S FUREH!

Return to “Balance Discussion”