Air lifted units

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
CSM Emperor
Level 2

Air lifted units

Postby CSM Emperor » Wed 02 Dec, 2015 8:30 pm

When units are lifted on the air melee squads shouldnt be able to hit them, only ranged units should be able to attack units that are lifted on the air. Also the Farseer can lift Chaos Lord in the air while the Chaos Lord can not lift another Chaos Lord or Brother Captain or a unit with energy shield activated, so wrong.
egewithin
Level 5

Re: Air lifted units

Postby egewithin » Wed 02 Dec, 2015 9:08 pm

Why? Mighty Warriors of Khorne are not able to hit a flying Falcon with their mighty axes? Well, not so might now...
DandyFrontline
Level 3

Postby DandyFrontline » Wed 02 Dec, 2015 10:55 pm

Units are lifted not in space but just a few feet's in the air, so melee units can easily get them
CSM Emperor
Level 2

Postby CSM Emperor » Thu 03 Dec, 2015 2:46 pm

DandyFrontline wrote:Units are lifted not in space but just a few feet's in the air, so melee units can easily get them

they are lifted high enought not to be hit by melee squads.
CSM Emperor
Level 2

Postby CSM Emperor » Thu 03 Dec, 2015 2:46 pm

firatwithin wrote:Why? Mighty Warriors of Khorne are not able to hit a flying Falcon with their mighty axes? Well, not so might now...

it isnt a flying falcon, it hovers.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Thu 03 Dec, 2015 4:07 pm

Let me be the first to do this although it is Codexs job: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2099

At least give us some background information or why you think this is unbalanced as this is the balance section of the forum.
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Thu 03 Dec, 2015 7:01 pm

I think the op is explicitly talking about the lift effect from gravity blade , gravity grenade and the chaos lords consume thing and orbital.

all of which propel infantry units 10 - 30 feet in the air (way over what any melee unit would realistically be able to hit. at the highest point these units are more than 4 time further off the ground then any grave tank.

Not that it really matters much , but it does look really stupid as melee units are savagely hitting air and these lifted units are taking damage. it is even dumber when grenades gib them since they are no where near the nades.
stealth
Level 1

Postby stealth » Thu 03 Dec, 2015 9:01 pm

the reason is CREED!!!!!
Attachments

[The extension gif has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Lucky creatures. At long last you have found the tranquillity of death. I was like you, once, clinging to life and blind to the truth. When I uncovered the truth, I too shuddered and paled with fear. Deep in these catacombs, I was remade. My brethren slumbered for eons while the living grew like weeds and that we can't allow.
Nurland

Air lifted units

Postby Nurland » Fri 04 Dec, 2015 4:56 pm

It looks a bit silly but I don't see an issue with imbalance there.

But if you do think there is a balance issue, please elaborate. Because so far there has been 0 arguments why it is imbalanced and this is the balance section after all...

Also read the topic linked by Noobus since it is intended that people give it a quick read before posting in this section.
#noobcodex
Lulgrim
Admin

Postby Lulgrim » Fri 04 Dec, 2015 6:36 pm

stealth wrote:the reason is CREED!!!!!

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Creed
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Fri 04 Dec, 2015 6:40 pm

Well I'll say that CL drain life had to be nerfed hard in elite so it wouldn't be used to snipe heroes & sub commanders all day everyday. Same goes for gravity blade even tho it's not as easy point and click abiltiy. This change would allow for these abilities (drain life in particular) to be buffed so they can be used for something besides opportunistic wipe attempts.
Last edited by Toilailee on Sun 06 Dec, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
saltychipmunk
Level 4

Postby saltychipmunk » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 8:17 pm

Nurland wrote:It looks a bit silly but I don't see an issue with imbalance there.

But if you do think there is a balance issue, please elaborate. Because so far there has been 0 arguments why it is imbalanced and this is the balance section after all...

Also read the topic linked by Noobus since it is intended that people give it a quick read before posting in this section.

Nor will there be. There isn't a balance issue here. It just looks stupid. So yeah

TBA this wouldn't be the first csm thread that lacked a clear balance issue.........
CSM Emperor
Level 2

Postby CSM Emperor » Sat 16 Jan, 2016 1:22 pm

saltychipmunk wrote:I think the op is explicitly talking about the lift effect from gravity blade , gravity grenade and the chaos lords consume thing and orbital.

all of which propel infantry units 10 - 30 feet in the air (way over what any melee unit would realistically be able to hit. at the highest point these units are more than 4 time further off the ground then any grave tank.

Not that it really matters much , but it does look really stupid as melee units are savagely hitting air and these lifted units are taking damage. it is even dumber when grenades gib them since they are no where near the nades.

Chaos Lord's life drain cant lift other Chaos Lord or Bro Captain while gravity blade can lift them up, that is OP.
lolzarz
Level 3

Postby lolzarz » Sat 16 Jan, 2016 2:19 pm

CSM Emperor wrote:
saltychipmunk wrote:I think the op is explicitly talking about the lift effect from gravity blade , gravity grenade and the chaos lords consume thing and orbital.

Chaos Lord's life drain cant lift other Chaos Lord or Bro Captain while gravity blade can lift them up, that is OP.

Levitation field doesn't heal the Farseer.
WEE AR DA SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE AR DA EMPRAH'S FUREH!
CSM Emperor
Level 2

Postby CSM Emperor » Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:01 am

lolzarz wrote:
Levitation field doesn't heal the Farseer.

the heal is very little.

Return to “Balance Discussion”