WIN wild artillary tank

Issues dealing with gameplay balance.
^Triumph
Level 0

WIN wild artillary tank

Postby ^Triumph » Fri 09 Oct, 2015 8:42 pm

Hello everybody!

First of all gj with the mod enjoying it alot, just want it much more balanced and for me the Wir wild tank needs a serious change.
First of all its an artillary unit like manticore, p dev, grenadier orks etc... so its pointless and ridicolous that it does not knockback/damage friendly units. Also it shots like every 2 secs a rocked barrage that covers alot of space and knock backs anything exept termies and big stuff like that wich makes cap imposible as hell ^^' I dont know noone that thinks that thing its "ok" as it is right now only those that triple sm in 3 v 3 cus the emprah probides win nearly ensured if u triple them so plz think about it.

Cheers and take care
lolzarz
Level 3

Re: WIN wild artillary tank

Postby lolzarz » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 3:05 am

The reason why it has insane splash radius and knockback is because its damage is tiny compared to other artillery pieces. Besides, it dies all the same to stuff like infiltrating meltagun units, heavy melee, etc., what's wrong with that?
WEE AR DA SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE AR DA EMPRAH'S FUREH!
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 4:30 am

The Whirlwind is very fragile and also deals next to no damage. One usually gets it to fortify a position so you could and should resort to flanking play to kill it. From what perspective are you trying to argue that it is OP?
hiveminion
Level 3

Postby hiveminion » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 8:00 am

It actually does pretty decent damage versus fixed structures like IG bunkers. Although it's almost as weak as a Manticore, it's still harder to kill as it's faster, and has a very short minimum range meaning it can disrupt chasing units while backing away. It's also a lot cheaper.

I don't know about its performance in 1v1, but it is definitely overperforming in 3v3s for its cost, but then a lot of stuff is. I pretty much always go WW and ASM in 3v3s and unless I'm up vs Fire Dragons or SS FC it takes very little effort to dominate engagements. I definitely think it could do with adding friendly knockback, or a reduction of its fire rate.
^Triumph
Level 0

Postby ^Triumph » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 2:44 pm

Asuming lolzar and adeptus are SPESS MEWENS players and will never say that sm are easy 2 play and have advantage upon other races. U should read what I wrote again ^^ since who cares on the damage of that Space marines have plasma canons that cost 0 power (wich its stupid) and also the win wild tank that will ensure that ur enemy will never capture a vp since it can just fire there like a maniac every 2 seconds so read the thread and the arguments and do us a favour by when u know how 2 play leave playing imba spess meeweens. Thx
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 3:08 pm

^Triumph wrote:First of all its an artillary unit like manticore, p dev, grenadier orks etc...
so its pointless and ridicolous that it does not knockback/damage friendly units.
Not, it actually isn't like any of those units. It's artillery, but not in the same category of those.
Because the whirlwind does abysmal damage and it's main purpose is disruption.
It doesn't do near as much damage as the other artillery pieces you mentioned.

^Triumph wrote:Also it shots like every 2 secs a rocked barrage that covers alot of space and knock backs anything exept termies and big stuff like that wich makes cap imposible as hell ^^'
It doesn't fire that fast. At least get your facts straight before posting in the balance discussion. If it's disrupting you that means the Whirlwind is doing it's job.
Also worth nothing is the spread. It's quite unreliable. It might not even hit the units you want it to hit because of it.

^Triumph wrote:I dont know noone that thinks that thing its "ok" as it is right now only those that triple sm in 3 v 3 cus the emprah probides win nearly ensured if u triple them so plz think about it.
Double negative~~ Also, arguments like those won't get you anywhere. It just makes you look ignorant.

^Triumph wrote:do us a favour by when u know how 2 play leave playing imba spess meeweens. Thx
The irony :)
lolzarz
Level 3

Postby lolzarz » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 4:57 pm

^Triumph wrote:Asuming lolzar and adeptus are SPESS MEWENS players and will never say that sm are easy 2 play and have advantage upon other races. U should read what I wrote again ^^ since who cares on the damage of that Space marines have plasma canons that cost 0 power (wich its stupid) and also the win wild tank that will ensure that ur enemy will never capture a vp since it can just fire there like a maniac every 2 seconds so read the thread and the arguments and do us a favour by when u know how 2 play leave playing imba spess meeweens. Thx

You have no excuses to not destroy enemy artillery as soon as possible. Whirlwinds die like little bitches to a. vehicles b. heavy melee and c. meltagun squads. Everyone has at least one of those by tier 2. If you're too incompetent to destroy enemy artillery, go to the strategy section. Thanks.
WEE AR DA SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE AR DA EMPRAH'S FUREH!
^Triumph
Level 0

Postby ^Triumph » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 6:02 pm

Dude face this fact

- Artillary does friendly fire Yes or Yes and enought no point to arguie with that its pointless and if u do u rly need to be in a battle and try to get under ur own barrage and see what happends.
This post is made with 100% right so stop saying crying stuff thx
Kvn
Level 3

Postby Kvn » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 6:33 pm

The reason the Whirlwind doesn't do friendly fire is due to the fact that it does very little damage in general, and is highly unreliable. If you're firing it into a massive blob of units (such as a very late game 3v3 scenario) it will work wonders thanks to being able to hit so much. This isn't the case in smaller scale fights where most shots will be entirely wasted as they veer off target at wild intervals. Given that it's a rather lackluster artillery force in comparison to most others (only disruption as opposed to disruption and outright killing power) the lack of FF is a perk to help balance out its downsides. If you're having trouble fighting them, my advice would be to get vehicles (assuming you have no opportunity to sneak around and kill it with av squads) since they can't be disrupted and the Hunter Killer missile isn't all that frightening on its own.

If the enemy is massing them, that means he won't have much of an army besides. They might be annoying, but they're far from OP.

Just a tip. If you want to be taken seriously, don't go around insulting people and accusing them of 'crying' when they're explaining things to you. From what I've seen in your posts, you seem to have a very strong anti-Marine sentiment. Try playing them for a little while to better understand some of their strengths and weaknesses. You'll probably find that the Whirlwind isn't nearly so strong as you first assumed.
Adeptus Noobus
Level 4

Postby Adeptus Noobus » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 6:42 pm

Instead of insulting me, you could have actually tried to engage in a discussion with me. You play Eldar, who have the highest mobility in the game. Nobody is forcing you to push head on into a fortified position. Rangers can use their Holofield if you want get close enough. You also play WSE. Teleport somewhere and set up gates for flanking maneuvers. I also remember the mass teleport did quite a number on my Whirlwind...You could also get Wraithguard. You have tons of stuff to kill a Whirlwind. Just avail yourself of it and use the great synergies between units and their respective abilities.

Insulting people will only make your argument look weaker. Denying the factual statements that Riku has put before you just makes you look ignorant. There is a way to discuss stuff; let us try and stick to the rules that Codex has put up.
Toilailee
Champion

Postby Toilailee » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 7:22 pm

Dawn of the Trolls 2: Retribution

Either that or just more dunning & kruger.
Swift I: You're not a nerd, you're just a very gifted social spastic
Jes
Level 1

Postby Jes » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 8:32 pm

The simple fact that this kid cannot bother making his posts even remotely intelligible should show you his blatant disregard for facts and informed argumentation.

tl;dr, you cannot reason with him. Ignore and call for a lock post haste.
egewithin
Level 5

Postby egewithin » Sat 10 Oct, 2015 11:02 pm

That tank does only good knockback from long range and a small AV rocket if you want and that is it. Leave this one out of balance buisness.
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Sun 11 Oct, 2015 8:45 pm

^Triumph wrote:Dude face this fact

- Artillary does friendly fire Yes or Yes and enought no point to arguie with that its pointless and if u do u rly need to be in a battle and try to get under ur own barrage and see what happends.
This post is made with 100% right so stop saying crying stuff thx
Zoanthrope :) I can't wait with what other "facts" you come up with now.
Toilailee wrote:more dunning & kruger.
^
^Triumph
Level 0

Postby ^Triumph » Mon 12 Oct, 2015 8:44 pm

Zoan isnt that kind of artillary unit rofl ^^ nids are kinda unique
Crewfinity
Level 4

Postby Crewfinity » Mon 12 Oct, 2015 9:00 pm

^Triumph wrote:Zoan isnt that kind of artillary unit rofl ^^ nids are kinda unique

nice counter-argument.

i guess the "WIN wild" (seriously how did you even come up with that?) isnt that kind of artillery unit either.
I think Kvn was pretty spot on with his analysis, reread that and think about it if you still disagree, then try using whirlwinds and see if you still think that way.

also next time you post in the balance discussion section please read the stickied post that codex made: balance discussion guidelines
Dark Riku
Level 5

Postby Dark Riku » Mon 12 Oct, 2015 11:54 pm

^Triumph wrote:Zoan isnt that kind of artillary unit rofl ^^ nids are kinda unique
Forestradio
Level 5

Postby Forestradio » Tue 13 Oct, 2015 12:00 am

Crewfinity wrote:

nice counter-argument.

Nurland

Postby Nurland » Tue 13 Oct, 2015 7:08 pm

Ok... Topic locked.
#noobcodex

Return to “Balance Discussion”